Is it okay to buy a GPU without warranty?

KyberKylo77

Im thinking of buying a gpu from b and h since all the retailers at my place sell the card for about 50-100 dollars more compared to b and h (plus shipping and taxes) but the thing im afraid of is that i just read someones thread who had her gpu short out so im seriously reconsidering if paying that extra premium to protect the GPU is worth. Also i know b and h has warranty too but you'd have to pay shipping costs and it takes a few weeks. 

P.S. its a 1070 if that helps?

if its new it should have the manufacturer's warranty 

If you want to argue with me, and you probably will please PM me, no need to ruin threads becase you dont like how I am.

Ask me how I made 100k selling illegal narcotics!

Spoiler

and you think im joking, Did a lot of wrong to get my money right.

I look up to Larry Hoover.

Your homies loyal 'til the one time you tell 'em no

17 minutes ago, KyberKylo77 said:

Im thinking of buying a gpu from b and h since all the retailers at my place sell the card for about 50-100 dollars more compared to b and h (plus shipping and taxes) but the thing im afraid of is that i just read someones thread who had her gpu short out so im seriously reconsidering if paying that extra premium to protect the GPU is worth. Also i know b and h has warranty too but you'd have to pay shipping costs and it takes a few weeks. 

P.S. its a 1070 if that helps?

If EVGA makes it, or Gigabyte, Zotac, Asus, etc, then they all have a two-year warranty on their card. Don't fret over it. So long as you bought it new and keep some sort of proof of purchase you can easily send it to the manufacturer and they'll refund you for it in some way.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

9 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

If EVGA makes it, or Gigabyte, Zotac, Asus, etc, then they all have a two-year warranty on their card. Don't fret over it. So long as you bought it new and keep some sort of proof of purchase you can easily send it to the manufacturer and they'll refund you for it in some way.

What if i bought it from overseas? Cuz thats the situation im in rn

31 minutes ago, KyberKylo77 said:

What if i bought it from overseas? Cuz thats the situation im in rn

Should be OK.

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Never buy warrenty from retailors, they tend to play games with you saying its not their issue and etc when you try to make a claim.

11 hours ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Should be OK.

Does that mean i should be able to return it to the manufacturer locally for a GPU bought in foreign countries?

49 minutes ago, KyberKylo77 said:

Does that mean i should be able to return it to the manufacturer locally for a GPU bought in foreign countries?

You'd have to send it to the RMA department that corresponds to where you live. For some companies that may just be one place worldwide, for others it may be regional.