Is it worth waiting until 2018 for new monitors?

KaptainKloss

So not sure what the outlook is like for monitors for next year. Not positive as to whether prices will drop, or if the implementation of new tech like HDR is going to be worth it. Does anyone have any knowledge as to what next year is going to bring or is it worth just picking one up as they start to go on sale during the holidays? Thanks. 

3 minutes ago, ThatKrazyPolak said:

So not sure what the outlook is like for monitors for next year. Not positive as to whether prices will drop, or if the implementation of new tech like HDR is going to be worth it. Does anyone have any knowledge as to what next year is going to bring or is it worth just picking one up as they start to go on sale during the holidays? Thanks. 

Are you looking high end, or budget? the budget market probably wont change a crap ton (you probably wont see HDR in a $200 monitor for example)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

In terms of high end, 144HZ IPS panels, with G SYNC, necessary features for me 

no gaming monitors have hit 240hz with 1ms respose times which is probably the fastest we will get in years.

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

11 minutes ago, ThatKrazyPolak said:

In terms of high end, 144HZ IPS panels, with G SYNC, necessary features for me 

Wait, IPS 144+ does not exist

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

If you want a 1440p 144hz IPS G-Sync panel this already exists, such as the Acer XB271HU and the Asus PG279Q

With new high end monitors coming soon, the price of current ips 4k monitors will probably go down.