Is this computer worth getting?

TheAvPman
Go to solution Solved by TheAvPman,
5 minutes ago, Zyndo said:

yes, what he's saying is with his build you wouldn't need to worry about it. Also, I suggested a Ryzen based build, but the 8000 series from Intel is also very good just has terrible stock right now (and likely for the near future). If you're willing to play the waiting game then an Intel system might be the way to go, but if you want the computer in the near future, and if you're against overclocking, Ryzen is likely the way to go for now.

Intel was actually better than risen on the scoreboard. That is why I chose Intel. Ryzen wins as workstation but I am not using it as a workstation anyways.

C1F1D105-1D6E-484E-A91C-45ED770E5D34.png

I am looking for a pc that is about 1500$ and contains a GTX 1080. I had just found this after a bit of looking and was wondering if this was a good laptop that won’t immediately have major issues. The PC is https://www.amazon.com/iBUYPOWER-Computer-Desktop-AM003i-i7-7700K/dp/B01NAGW8KY/ref=pd_ybh_a_12?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=X1B6EHTSJQEXWN7WN6Q2.

Also if it is not a great pc are there any other pc’s that may be better within that price range.

uhm usually they cheap on th motherboard and such but in the picture it seems like a very good motherboard with a shroud and some corsair ram so i'd say go for it.

of course if what they send you is not as shown in the picture then proceed to return and fill a complain.

i guess its not 

1 hour ago, TheAvPman said:

and was wondering if this was a good laptop that won’t immediately have major issues. 

its not a laptop 

If you want to argue with me, and you probably will please PM me, no need to ruin threads becase you dont like how I am.

Ask me how I made 100k selling illegal narcotics!

Spoiler

and you think im joking, Did a lot of wrong to get my money right.

I look up to Larry Hoover.

Your homies loyal 'til the one time you tell 'em no

11 minutes ago, SmarticleCo said:

I tried pc partpicker it was really good for what I was trying to build. The only issue was adding liquid cooling because I am probably going to break something if I try to add that myself

Just now, TheAvPman said:

I tried pc partpicker it was really good fro what I was trying to build. The only issue was adding liquid cooling because I am probably going to break something if I try to add that myself

an AIO like the X62 linked in that build comes pre-assembled... all you have to do is mount it to your case and to your socket. Its literally 1 extra step over an air cooler which you just mount to your socket :P

If you know how to operate a screwdriver you're fine.

21 minutes ago, EnemySp0tt3d said:

Its a good build, but you could probably build one yourself for cheaper. 

I was thinking about building myself, but I was unsure whether I would be able to handle all of these expensive parts on my first build.

AIOs are very simple to install and use. as long as you dont install it like a bull in a china shop you should be fine

Just now, Zyndo said:

this build is significantly less powerful than the original one he posted.

I am considering building myself as I was saying, but I just wanted to know if the iBuyPower was anything good first which is why I made this page.

1 minute ago, SmarticleCo said:

AIOs are very simple to install and use. as long as you dont install it like a bull in a china shop you should be fine

What is an AIO

I was thinking about building myself, but I was unsure whether I would be able to handle all of these expensive parts on my first build.

computer parts are relatively quite durable and resilient to handling. You needn't worry about mishandling anything and breaking it provided you're not being an idiot. if you're interested in building your own computer I whole-heartedly recommend it. You don't get the customer support you may otherwise have if you bought a pre-built like that ibuypower you listed, but in return you typically save a decent chunk of change (or get a more powerful system for the same price) as well as being able to control exactly what goes into your system and precisely what it looks like.

2 minutes ago, TheAvPman said:

What is an AIO

All in one liquid cooling. 

Just now, Zyndo said:

computer parts are relatively quite durable and resilient to handling. You needn't worry about mishandling anything and breaking it provided you're not being an idiot. if you're interested in building your own computer I whole-heartedly recommend it. You don't get the customer support you may otherwise have if you bought a pre-built like that ibuypower you listed, but in return you typically save a decent chunk of change (or get a more powerful system for the same price) as well as being able to control exactly what goes into your system and precisely what it looks like.

Another Thing I wanted to ask was if liquid cooling was difficult to install if i did a build my own pc.

1 minute ago, TheAvPman said:

What is an AIO

"AIO" - All-In-One. refers to liquid coolers which are preassembled and are a closed unit. They're functionally the same as other forms of computer liquid cooling, but come preassembled so you don't need to worry about leaks or user-error causing you headache with liquid in your system. The only installation you need to worry about with an AIO liquid cooling unit is mounting it to your socket (as with any cooler) and mounting it to your case (ensure there is space to do so when you buy your case)

Just now, Zyndo said:

"AIO" - All-In-One. refers to liquid coolers which are preassembled and are a closed unit. They're functionally the same as other forms of computer liquid cooling, but come preassembled so you don't need to worry about leaks or user-error causing you headache with liquid in your system. The only installation you need to worry about with an AIO liquid cooling unit is mounting it to your socket (as with any cooler) and mounting it to your case (ensure there is space to do so when you buy your case)

Any good aio’s I should look for

1 minute ago, TheAvPman said:

Another Thing I wanted to ask was if liquid cooling was difficult to install if i did a build my own pc.

If you get an AIO unit, such as the NZXT X62, Corsair H100i, or Fractal S36, its incredibly simple. If you know how to operate a screwdriver you can do it. Other kinds of liquid cooling, such as a custom loop from someone like EKWB, is not only incredibly expensive, but actually fairly difficult to install if you don't do your research beforehand. Definitely not the sort of thing most people are into as a first time builder.

Any good aio’s I should look for

There are many good ones. all depends what you want (or if you even need it). but that could be narrowed down in the part selection process once you decide if you want to build a system in the first place, what you need the system to do, what your budget is, etc etc etc.

Just now, Zyndo said:

If you get an AIO unit, such as the NZXT X62, Corsair H100i, or Fractal S36, its incredibly simple. If you know how to operate a screwdriver you can do it. Other kinds of liquid cooling, such as a custom loop from someone like EKWB, is not only incredibly expensive, but actually fairly difficult to install if you don't do your research beforehand. Definitely not the sort of thing most people are into as a first time builder.

Is there a specific size I would have to find? Would I have to measure my case?