This 450 Craiglists pc good deal?

ChoiSiwon
2 minutes ago, ChoiSiwon said:

it looks okay, but its worrysome he has a modular psu and dosen't list the part name. Case looks good and cpu is fine. Spend about 350 on a new ssd and gpu (SSD optional) and you will have a good system. 760 is a little too old, but for CSGo and light titles sure

4 minutes ago, Aidanlockett1 said:

it looks okay, but its worrysome he has a modular psu and dosen't list the part name. Case looks good and cpu is fine. Spend about 350 on a new ssd and gpu (SSD optional) and you will have a good system. 760 is a little too old, but for CSGo and light titles sure

nevermind dont buy. Motherboard looks very low quality. He is using extensions and the cables look rly bad. hes probably using stock cooler. only valuable part in thisbuild is CPU ram and case...

if you can get the cpu and ram for like 230 or 250 thats not bad

My thoughts:

CPU: $120

Mobo: $50 (probably H110, but it does have on-board wifi and BT)

RAM: $120 (including all 16GB would be a prerequisite for me to purchase--8 extra GB is not worth $100)

HDD: $25

GPU: $50

PSU: $20. My hunch is that this is an EVGA B unit or something similar. If it's a Seasonic, it's worth more. If it's a Raidmax, it's worth nothing. Impossible to value without knowing what the unit is.

Case: $30

Total: $410

I'd offer $370 with all 16GB of RAM, $300 with only 8GB. If you flip the GPU on eBay, there's presumably enough PSU there for a better card.

*Note: I edited this post to bring values down after realizing that an i5-7400, GTX 760 and used S340 aren't worth what they were a couple months ago.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

4 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

My thoughts:

RAM: $120 (including all 16GB would be a prerequisite for me to purchase--8 extra GB is not worth $100)

you do know a low end set of 16gb of ddr4 ram is like $160 right? 

I'd say OP that $400 would be a good price for that pc, its older used hardware. mobo is "ok" and the gpu is a little older and lower end but should be fine for lighter titles at 1080p.

[NEW System] (CPU) i7-4790k (mobo) ASUS maximins V (GPU) AMD R9 380x (CPU cooling) Corsair h100 (PSU) EVGA 800w (Monitor's) LG 32" ultrawide @ 75hz and a Asus 27" IPS logitech g602 mouse

[OLD System] (CPU) amd athlon x4 760k@ 4.4ghz/ (mobo) MSI FM2-A55M-E33/ (GPU) Gigabyte windforce 7870 / (CPU cooling) Corsair h100/ (PSU) Corsair CX 430w/ (monitor) dell 1980x1080@60hz 21"/ a logitech keyboard and mouse. Phone: Samsung S5  Galaxy s10e .

OLD Laptop: Dell Latitude E6410 with i5 520m and Nvidia NVS 310

Laptop's: Dell precision m2800 i7 4610m with amd firepro w4170m

other laptop Asus.

A 4 year old low end GPU paired with a months old CPU?

That guy is totally just offloading his crap. Bought some cheap parts to go with his old crap parts and trying to make a buck out of it. Doubt those "NEW" parts are actually new.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

page has been deleted by the author.

guess you dont have to worry about it anymore.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.