cover plates for the "old" 3DS?

Bananasplit_00

so my GF wants a 3DS, so i found one for pretty affordable money and decided i can get her one for christmas, but its that blue uggly as hell color and there are no other options seeing as i have already agreed to buy this one so are there any cover plates for the old 3DS as there are for the new one and if so where can i get a pair? preferably in pink...

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

so my GF wants a 3DS, so i found one for pretty affordable money and decided i can get her one for christmas, but its that blue uggly as hell color and there are no other options seeing as i have already agreed to buy this one so are there any cover plates for the old 3DS as there are for the new one and if so where can i get a pair? preferably in pink...

Get a vinyl skin they sell for about 5$ on eBay. Don't get a plastic case. They will scratch the 3DS like crazy deep and a lot of them. I bought one from someone with a NERF case on. So I though hey, its got a case should look perfect. I took the case off, the whole 3DS is scratched every which way.

1 minute ago, phongle123 said:

Get a vinyl skin they sell for about 5$ on eBay. Don't get a plastic case. They will scratch the 3DS like crazy deep and a lot of them. I bought one from someone with a NERF case on. So I though hey, its got a case should look perfect. I took the case off, the whole 3DS is scratched every which way.

how did you even find a case for the original one? anyway id probably wrap it in vinyl like you said because the fuggly blue is EVERYWHERE on it so a case wont do much more then mitigate the damage :( 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

how did you even find a case for the original one? anyway id probably wrap it in vinyl like you said because the fuggly blue is EVERYWHERE on it so a case wont do much more then mitigate the damage :( 

If you're buying the small 3DS. I recommend at least the XL. It makes a big difference. They would prob be around the same price used from someone on craigslist.

9 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

i have already agreed to buy this one

Also, this means nothing. You're not obligated to buy it.

31 minutes ago, phongle123 said:

Also, this means nothing. You're not obligated to buy it.

cant say i think il find another 3DS for this price with a bunch of games we both hate that i can sell of for some cash back

36 minutes ago, phongle123 said:

If you're buying the small 3DS. I recommend at least the XL. It makes a big difference. They would prob be around the same price used from someone on craigslist.

they are about 3x what im paying for this one, found one i might be able tog get thats "only" doubbe what im paying for this one. yes i want it to be a 3DS XL but they are way more expensive and i dont have an especially large amount of money to move about with here, seeing as i need to afford the rest of christmas AND tickets to go see her -_- 

Builds:

Spoiler