My pc is loud... like REALLY loud... Help

alexbianchi15

I have an nzxt h440, and some shitty cpu cooler. Than i have i 970 with msi's twin frozar fans so thats not a problem.

But when i say load i mean i have my headphones on and i can hear my pc. I have all my fans plugged into my fan controller wich i think has them all running at %100 wich is probably the problem, i also need better thermals because of my shitty cpu cooler so will an aio ix all my problems? What do you guys think?

If the CPU is running hot due to ineffective cooler that makes more noise than cool things off then yeah getting a better cpu cooler would be the way around it.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

What is your CPU cooler? What are the fans in your PC?
Is the noise coming from a case fan, the CPU heatsink fan, the GPU fan or maybe even a hard drive? Try to isolate where the noise is coming from exactly.

If you only have shitty low quality fans in your case, of course they will make noise, replacing them with BeQuiet or Noctua fans can fix a noise problem easily.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

5 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

What is your CPU cooler? What are the fans in your PC?
Is the noise coming from a case fan, the CPU heatsink fan, the GPU fan or maybe even a hard drive? Try to isolate where the noise is coming from exactly.

If you only have shitty low quality fans in your case, of course they will make noise, replacing them with BeQuiet or Noctua fans can fix a noise problem easily.

I have the stock fans in there and idk what my cpub cooler is its bottom of the barel though, worse than a hyper 212 evo

A simple test:

use AIDA 64 to stress test the CPU, and use HW Monitor to check the CPU temps and Clock Speeds. If the CPU clock speeds start going down, and the temperature is approaching 100, then yes, it is the CPU cooler.

For the GPU, you can use the above method again, but instead of AIDA 64, use MSI kombuster. Make sure the temps don't approach 93 on the GPU

Indus Monk = Indian+ Buddhist

20 hours ago, AmbarChakrabarti said:

A simple test:

use AIDA 64 to stress test the CPU, and use HW Monitor to check the CPU temps and Clock Speeds. If the CPU clock speeds start going down, and the temperature is approaching 100, then yes, it is the CPU cooler.

For the GPU, you can use the above method again, but instead of AIDA 64, use MSI kombuster. Make sure the temps don't approach 93 on the GPU

100 degrees f or c

20 hours ago, AmbarChakrabarti said:

A simple test:

I have 0 throttling after 10 minutes of aida 64 so i guess my temps are fine, i think im gonna rewire my system and use the mobos fan controller instead so i can control fan curve. 

27 minutes ago, alexbianchi15 said:

100 degrees f or c

100 degrees c

Indus Monk = Indian+ Buddhist

20 hours ago, alexbianchi15 said:

I have the stock fans in there and idk what my cpub cooler is its bottom of the barel though, worse than a hyper 212 evo

Which CPU and which cooler? Its really hard to help if you don't give enough details.

100 degrees f or c

In PC world we always use C.

I have 0 throttling after 10 minutes of aida 64 so i guess my temps are fine, i think im gonna rewire my system and use the mobos fan controller instead so i can control fan curve. 

Temps? And that good idea, you can also lower you CPU speeds if your temps are good.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Make sure you aren’t using more fans than you need. Had a similar problem to you. I reduced the number of fans, made sure they were pwm and noise was improved. 

Also i realised most of the sound was coming from my power supply (evga G2 750). I turned on the eco mode and now it is silent. With your pc running you can unplug each fan at a time to see which is making the most noise. 

And definitely get a better cooler. 

Love not hate

Check that your bios isn't set to a gaming mode or something. I've "accidentally" set mine up on some gaming mode when I've first built this mostly quiet system, and when I booted it up it went full jet engine on me. Setting the profile to something like "silent" or "auto", if this is the case, will change the fan speeds back to using the default curves, and not stuck to 100%

NVM I'm bad at reading. If you have your fans plugged into a controller, then maybe you got a problem with that controller. Yeah, plug your stuff into your mobo's PWMs, but if you want to upgrade your CPU cooling AND keep your system quiet, go for air cooling - I've learnt the hard way that an AIO is not necessarily quiet, and will not necessarily perform better than similar priced air solutions, not unless you're having serious problems with space in that case...

Edited by docomeister
derp

MOBO: MSI Krait Gaming X370 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1500X [4GHz @1.43V] | RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 2x8GB 2133MHz [2933MHz CAS 16]

GPU: ASUS GTX1060 6GB DUAL Series | SSD: HyperX Fury 120GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB

CASE: Thermaltake Suppressor F51 | PSU: Corsair VS550 | COOLING: Corsair H60 [70°C Max @1400rpm] | DISPLAY: LG 29" Ultra Wide, BenQ 1080p Projector

MOUSE: Trust GXT31 MOUSE MAT: HyperX Fury | KEYBOARD: Logitech G510s | UNDERWEAR: HyperX

SOUND: Creative Sound Blaster Omni 5.1 | HEADSET: HyperX Core Cloud | SPEAKERS: Behringer MS16, SONY HT-RT3

CPU-Z Validator: DUCKPC

If you have the first iteration of the H440 and are using the fan hub included with the case, the fans will run at 100%. That is just a powered hub and offers no control. Use your motherboard fan headers for your case fans instead.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.