Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

High refresh rate 1080p 24" IPS

Draydince
 Share

I'm 99% certain a monitor that matches my title exists, but if one does I would greatly appreciate if anyone could show me such a thing. I recently got a 144hz and I just absolutely can't go back to 60hz, it feels laggy to me now - but my 144hz monitor is a TN panel and no matter how much adjusting I do, I can't quite get the colors right. Whites look kind of yellow/muddy I've spent about 2 weeks trying to adjust it and I'm just far too picky to accept this is what I'll be looking at. I also need 24" because the way my desk is set up, I have to sit sort of close to it - and anything bigger I have to physically pivot my head to see.

Like I said, I know such a thing likely doesn't exist - but I figure it's worth asking in case there's maybe an older model that doesn't show up in immediate google results.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Draydince said:

I'm 99% certain a monitor that matches my title exists, but if one does I would greatly appreciate if anyone could show me such a thing. I recently got a 144hz and I just absolutely can't go back to 60hz, it feels laggy to me now - but my 144hz monitor is a TN panel and no matter how much adjusting I do, I can't quite get the colors right. Whites look kind of yellow/muddy I've spent about 2 weeks trying to adjust it and I'm just far too picky to accept this is what I'll be looking at. I also need 24" because the way my desk is set up, I have to sit sort of close to it - and anything bigger I have to physically pivot my head to see.

Like I said, I know such a thing likely doesn't exist - but I figure it's worth asking in case there's maybe an older model that doesn't show up in immediate google results.

1080p 100+ Hz IPS panels don't exist unfortunately. There are some decent VA panel monitors though like the C24FG70, if you don't mind the curve.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

1080p 100+ Hz IPS panels don't exist unfortunately. There are some decent VA panel monitors though like the C24FG70, if you don't mind the curve.

I've actually been looking at that one, but the curve has made me hesitant. Would that be noticeable? As long as you can't actually "see" any kind of curve I think that's exactly what I'd be looking for since it would presumably have better colors - but if you can see the curve, even a little, that would probably drive me crazy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Draydince said:

I've actually been looking at that one, but the curve has made me hesitant. Would that be noticeable? As long as you can't actually "see" any kind of curve I think that's exactly what I'd be looking for since it would presumably have better colors - but if you can see the curve, even a little, that would probably drive me crazy.

Unfortunately I think the curve is going to be a more prominent than that, though I haven't seen it in person.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Draydince said:

I'm 99% certain a monitor that matches my title exists, but if one does I would greatly appreciate if anyone could show me such a thing. I recently got a 144hz and I just absolutely can't go back to 60hz, it feels laggy to me now - but my 144hz monitor is a TN panel and no matter how much adjusting I do, I can't quite get the colors right. Whites look kind of yellow/muddy I've spent about 2 weeks trying to adjust it and I'm just far too picky to accept this is what I'll be looking at. I also need 24" because the way my desk is set up, I have to sit sort of close to it - and anything bigger I have to physically pivot my head to see.

Like I said, I know such a thing likely doesn't exist - but I figure it's worth asking in case there's maybe an older model that doesn't show up in immediate google results.

have you tried adjusting the default .ics profiles under the windows color manager?

it allows you to set what color profile used for each content(jpegs=adobesrgb,,movies=srgb,,,text=name,,,etc)

this one first things i always do on first boot

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Act

19 minutes ago, bcguru9384 said:

have you tried adjusting the default .ics profiles under the windows color manager?

it allows you to set what color profile used for each content(jpegs=adobesrgb,,movies=srgb,,,text=name,,,etc)

this one first things i always do on first boot

What settings to you suggest changing them to? Maybe I didn't get the right mix

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the Samsung 27inch curved 144hz QD, Initially it is very noticeable, but give it time you don't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Draydince said:

Act

What settings to you suggest changing them to? Maybe I didn't get the right mix

look up your devices color range and pic ics that comes closest

the rgb's gurantee broadest compatibility but theres several choices by default and option to add in .ics via have a disk/browse location

never hurts to send off a email to display manufacturer if they do have .ics on website

also if you open search bar for hdd and search this

*.ics 

you will get list of all ics in your system

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

by way on my hp w1907 it had driver and icc to use

driver installed the icc to be seeable under management but did not apply as default to use

i do miss that display it was actually impressive in its colors and response times(i was dual link dvi cabled to geforce 7300gs then to 210 or 220 not for sure pc mobo died and i started using laptop with dvi to hdmi adapter to w1907) and usb keyboard and mouse

lappy was 15"

w1907 was 19"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×