Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What to expect from a new PC case?

IAmAndre
 Share

Hi,

 

I'm considering getting a new case for my new build. It's a Ryzen 3 build, so needless to say that I'm on a budget. I currently have a no-name case which gets the job done: I was able to have one 120mm fan at the front and another one at the back. It also has a decent port selection on the front panel with 3 USB ports (2.0 only), an SD card slot, and 2 other memory card slots of formats I've never used, as well as the usual audio I/O. The main thing I don't like about this case is that it handles cable management poorly and the right panel won't come off.

So I'm considering getting a new one at under €50 but I'm not sure what to look for. I guess I don't need a glass panel since I leave my PC on the floor, but then there are new interesting features such as USB-C ports (which I'm not sure I need) and probably a few other things. So I want to know what features I should be looking for in a new PC case, knowing that aesthetics isn't a big deal, and practicability is the priority (and price of course). I'm currently using 2 SSD's and the 2 3.5 HDD's.

One case caught my attention, it's the Thermaltake Versa h17

 

Do you have any suggestions/advice?

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

at the price just get a basic non windowed good airflow case 

If you want to argue with me, and you probably will please PM me, no need to ruin threads becase you dont like how I am.

 

Ask me how I made 100k selling illegal narcotics!

Spoiler

and you think im joking, Did a lot of wrong to get my money right.

I look up to Larry Hoover.

Your homies loyal 'til the one time you tell 'em no

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

For me, the main aspect of a case is the presentation part of your build. For example, if your friend or family member came over and saw this super-organized-glass-panel-case, they will probably think that your computer is "good" (since they probably don't know as much as some of us do--with some exceptions, obviously), compared to a crappy old case. And the second most important aspect is the cooling, since that's very important to a computer due to all of the head output. Just get a case with good looks (or a decently looking one because of budget) and good airflow. 

 

And for the Thermaltake Versa h17; it doesn't look so bad and has areas for you to mount your fans, etc. And the Ryzen 3s TDP is only 65 so cooling shouldn't be as big of an issue compared to some higher-end chips. 

"May your frame rates be high and your temperatures low"

I misread titles/posts way too often--correct me if I don't.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Jasun said:

For me, the main aspect of a case is the presentation part of your build. For example, if your friend or family member came over and saw this super-organized-glass-panel-case, they will probably think that your computer is "good" (since they probably don't know as much as some of us do--with some exceptions, obviously), compared to a crappy old case. And the second most important aspect is the cooling, since that's very important to a computer due to all of the head output. Just get a case with good looks (or a decently looking one because of budget) and good airflow. 

 

And for the Thermaltake Versa h17; it doesn't look so bad and has areas for you to mount your fans, etc. And the Ryzen 3s TDP is only 65 so cooling shouldn't be as big of an issue compared to some higher-end chips. 

Interesting. So do you think having USB-C could be interesting? I mean I don't do that many file transfers but I'd like to avoid having to upgrade the case any time soon.

Also, this case costs €36 for an extra €10 there is the version with a glass panel. I keep my computer on the floor anyway, so how can I make it look cool?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, IAmAndre said:

Interesting. So do you think having USB-C could be interesting? I mean I don't do that many file transfers but I'd like to avoid having to upgrade the case any time soon.

Also, this case costs €36 for an extra €10 there is the version with a glass panel. I keep my computer on the floor anyway, so how can I make it look cool?

USB-C isn't as widely used today (imo) but might be in the future. It's kind of a gamble, but it might pay off. 

 

If you're planning on going the glass version for the looks, then maybe you can turn your computer sideways so the glass panel will be facing towards your "audience." 

"May your frame rates be high and your temperatures low"

I misread titles/posts way too often--correct me if I don't.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/28/2017 at 9:22 PM, IAmAndre said:

Interesting. So do you think having USB-C could be interesting? I mean I don't do that many file transfers but I'd like to avoid having to upgrade the case any time soon.

Also, this case costs €36 for an extra €10 there is the version with a glass panel. I keep my computer on the floor anyway, so how can I make it look cool?

There are very few cases on the market that have USB type c, and the ones that do are high end. 

 

I'd just get the Fractal Design Focus G and call it a day

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

 RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

There are very few cases on the market that have USB type c, and the ones that do are high end. 

 

I'd just get the Fractal Design Focus G and call it a day

I finally decided to go for a laptop, which turns out to be a better investment since I need a laptop anyway. Things change so fast.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×