What actually bothers me about Console exclusive players

Light-Yagami

Hey there. 

I'm usually now the kind of guy who would bi*ch about how other people think wrong or how could some people be stupid or how could some do that and that.. But today I really thought about why console players annoy me so much.

Is it because they can't appreciate the advantages you get on PC? Is it because they think consoles are "enough" to have a solid gaming experience? What truly bothers me? And what I think bothers most of PC masterrace people as well.

Now, I've noticed in the past 8 years that I've been in this PC masterrace kind of group of people (before that my main concern was to get in bed on time) that we mostly get console ports on PC. Along with higher res textures and usually some extended graphics options and stuff.. and that's okay. But what bothers me is that we have to wait for conoles to evolve FIRST and then the devs follow, make games harder to run and better looking in general and PC users can really push their systems. Also the fact that some ports are so horrible I'd rather not play them at all and that PC ports don't recieve enough attention in general, making many games leaving a lot to be desired.

But that's not really the point I'm trying to make. 

Console gamers usually never played on a good PC, high res monitor.. you get the idea. Their life is a tv screen and a console that barely pushes 1080p, mostly upscaled from 900p or with sth like 80% res scale. At 30fps, with lots of delay because most TVs have slow response times. (most of them anyway)

That's their world. And when they get attacked from PC users for being basic, peasants and stupid for playing on a console, they simply have no clue what they did wrong. They enjoy playing on their console. Why can't we just leave them alone. Right?

NO. See I think this is where the problem lies. They're uneducated. They don't know better, so they think their console offers sufficient performance. They don't know, that there is a better world in 144hz, 1ms response time, day and night picture quality difference and so on. And they more often and not don't really want it. They're happy in their safe bubble. Why the hell would they trust some random people on the internet that they SHOULD spend 1500USD to get a new high end PC and "enjoy" games how they were ment to? They can do that just fine on their 300 dollar console. 

And that bothers me. That they're happy where they are. That they don't demant better. That they don't crave for that next generation console with 6tflops of performance. They think "Ok, so I can get a PS4 PRO for 400USD and it'll give me 4k, but I don't really have a screen for that anyway. Games run just fine on the normal PS4, so why not just take that? And I have more money to spend on games" THAT'S how they think. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the majority of console gamers think that way.

We, the PC masterrace family - we're dissapointed if a new GPU generation doesn't deliver. We crave for better prices for consumers. We want that performance. We in general love to tinker. Or if anything, we at least appreciate the fact that we get 60fps, we get free multiplayer.. we get mods.. Even if we don't tinker with graphics options at all, we still have an option do to so if we desire. (not mentioning the whole PC building experience and all that comes with that)

I think that if console community would have the same spirit for technology as the PC community has, consoles would progress much quicker, games would develop faster and we, the PC community wouldn't have to wait as much. Because now we do. In many cases. 

I have to admit, I get salty real fast if console player tries to justify gaming on a consoles by stating some "benefits you get" when playing on them or how 30 fps is as fluent as it gets.. while having no clue of what they're saying.. I despise that. From the bottom of my heart.

Hybrid players are the best IMO. They play consoles for exclusives and PC for everything else. (I'm not saying that's the case exactly, but you get the point)

What do you think about that? Correct me if I made a wrong statement or say something incorrect.. I'd love to hear your opinion.

TL;DR? I don't want to read this.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

i personally play console just for exclusives because my pc is more powerful , however console has way less issues than a pc aswell, if id wanna choose for comfort id choose console gaming hehe :P 

however to make a console my main gaming rig for now is just out of the option for me, the games are double as expensive as the pc version and what not :c aswell u have the console HDD limits x_x u can upgrade with a bigger drive but if ud make it ur main rig, 50gb per game is going to fill it rather quick 

for me its just,  pc for pc exclusives, console for console exclusives...  no playstation fanboy nor xbox fanboy, i get them all if im interested in their exclusives ( same for amd vs nvidia bs, i just pick what is the best option for me x) )

i dont believe in all of that *console bullshit* or *pc bullshit*   ppl who come with that crap just want attention really... :S all machines are good they all have their benefits and negatives

(◑‿◐)

4 minutes ago, Light-Yagami said:

What do you think about that? Correct me if I made a wrong statement or say something incorrect.. I'd love to hear your opinion.

TL;DR

Who cares what you think? Who cares what I think? Who cares what console players and PC players think? 

Just play what you want to play for the reasons you want to or for no reason at all. It's a massive waste of time and effort to argue about it either way. 

1 minute ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

It's a massive waste of time and effort to argue about it either way. 

^this

(◑‿◐)

3 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

TL;DR? I don't want to read this.

TL;DR: Bitching about developers targetting console level hardware and basically, anyone that considers consoles to have any merit.

Just your standard PCMR stupidity.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Status update material, no flame war topics. - CS 2017

There are tons of PC-exclusive games that consoles will never receive and not all PC games are console ports. Some games are built from the ground up to be on PC alongside console. I could care less for the PCMR mentality after playing console, handheld, and PC for 19 of my 26 years (it all started with Final Fantasy 1 and Age of Empires  in '96/'97). This thought that consoles "drive" PC is nonsensical to me as the gear on consoles is usually years behind what PC has and many PC-only games push quite hard.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

See, consoles are for 'normies'.  The main people that use them are people who just want their stuff to work.  It's very locked down so tinkering isn't allowed, but most console players wouldn't really be interested in overclocking or stuff like that anyway.  

People that use PCs are generally more tech savvy and just in general more knowledgeable.  We love tinkering with our systems.  We always want that new graphics card or processor to take the performance to the next level.  

1 minute ago, ARikozuM said:

There are tons of PC-exclusive games that consoles will never receive and not all PC games are console ports. 

^is exactly why i dont see the point of ppl hating on eachother or machines :v all of them are good, just pick what u like, if u like games on all type of platforms then go ahead and get it :D nothing holding u back man

i personally play everything too, if they would release a PINK ONLY THEMED CONSOLE and it would hav butterflies on it but it would have a game i would love ( or more ) i might just get it for that exclusive lol 

true gamers dont whine, they play :D regardless of the machine! 

(◑‿◐)

1 minute ago, lilbman said:

See, consoles are for 'normies'.  The main people that use them are people who just want their stuff to work.  It's very locked down so tinkering isn't allowed, but most console players wouldn't really be interested in overclocking or stuff like that anyway.  

People that use PCs are generally more tech savvy and just in general more knowledgeable.  We love tinkering with our systems.  We always want that new graphics card or processor to take the performance to the next level.  

I see a lot of me in you lol..

People who didn't read this don't realize I don't flame over console gamers, I'm merely dissapointed of how things stand. 

My brother is the perfect example of a console gamer. He doesn't want to deal with settings. Just plug and play. And that's okay. It doesn't contribute to faster development tho.

5 minutes ago, Light-Yagami said:

I see a lot of me in you lol..

People who didn't read this don't realize I don't flame over console gamers, I'm merely dissapointed of how things stand. 

My brother is the perfect example of a console gamer. He doesn't want to deal with settings. Just plug and play. And that's okay. It doesn't contribute to faster development tho.

i am dissapointed a console costs like 300$ and a graphics card like 300$ , cant they make it 30$ for fk sake :c its just a bunch of friggen chips lol

(◑‿◐)

5 minutes ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

i am dissapointed a console costs like 300$ and a graphics card like 300$ , cant they make it 30$ for fk sake :c its just a bunch of friggen chips lol

GPUs would cost significantly less if there was competition. I would bet that price wise, a 1080 could replace a 1070, if enough competition was in place. There isn't tho.. So they bump up the prices because they can. It sucks

I am a console, peasant as you like to call us, user and I will never ever purchase a "gaming PC." Why? Because, I rarely play video games. I would never spend over one thousand monies on a computer that can do way more than I need if I can spend less than half of the monies and do what I need. I don't need the best, because I play about 10-15 hours of video games a year. I do not have time to play video games and I can find other things to do than video games. They cause un-needed stress and anger, why not buy a cheap laptop and learn a new programming language? Yeah, triple 4k monitors are awesome but I'd be much happier with a 720p panel with 30 hz. I do not need much to make me happy, and I rather spend my monies else where. I stopped playing video games, I used to play all the time and it was bad for my health and everyone around me. I got addicted very quickly to video games, now I stopped drinking soda and video games. I enjoy just browsing the web, playing music and living my life in what way makes me happy. If there is a problem with this, please message me and I will tell you all about how my life got so much better without video games. :)

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

Yes i can feel you its just unbelievable my brother games more than me basically because he is a lazy sloth without a job. He spends 8-12 h per day on his Xbox 360, recently he got a Xbox one s. And i cant fucking realise  how he dont get eye cancer from this 30 fps bullshit he plays everyday and say it is as good as it gets. I convinced at least one friend of mine who would brag first about his Xbox one s and the "4K gaming experience". He was shocked when he played the same game on my PC at 1440p ultra settings and 60 fps. I explained the problem of 30 fps and upscale resolution 3 months to him he would not belive it till he saw it and feel it himself. I destroyed the Console gaming experience for him. You have to show these people how it can be. But also i can understand the point of view of someone who games like 4 h per week that don`t want to spend that amount of money you pay for a good gaming pc or just don´t want to have any trouble with drivers incompatible hardware etc. You have to admit PC has some trade offs and people that dont want to worry about those things might be more happy with a console. For me PC is more than just gaming it offers me a lot of possibilities i cant live without. But that`s my point of view i can also understand people that are happy with their 300 dollar console and 300 dollar laptop combination. What i cant understand are people like my brother who game 24/7 and are satisfied with that experience a console offers. And i get salty if they say it is as good or even better as a good/high end gaming pc. "Your 1000+ euro gaming PC is bullshit i can get 1080/4 k gaming on my xbox one/one s // ps4 /ps4 pro for just 300-400 bucks" I would laugh so hard when people spent 400 euro for the "next gen console" that could not even output 1080 at 30 fps at some games at launch. 

19 minutes ago, lilbman said:

meanwhile my brother has a cracked wii and playstation (2 or 3, i don't care enough to actually remember) and I'm pretty sure he has a cracked xbox. This claim that console players don't like to tinker or aren't tech savvy is based in ignorance. There are brilliant console players and dunce pc players and vice versa. But with both microsoft and sony making a move to accessibility on the pc it might not be too long til us pc players have just as much access to those wonderful console exclusives as console players themselves, even if knee capped to console performance still better than having to buy a console to play.

3 minutes ago, Light-Yagami said:

GPUs would cost significantly less if there was competition. I would bet that price wise, a 1080 could replace a 1070, if enough competition was in place. There isn't tho.. So they bump up the prices because they can. It sucks

top end gpus would be expensive anyway, though it's true that nvidia has pushed back volta well into 2018 because there's no competition, but that has nothing to do with consoles and everything to do with AMD's vega falling short

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

2 hours ago, Klemmbrett said:

Yes i can feel you its just unbelievable my brother games more than me basically because he is a lazy sloth without a job. He spends 8-12 h per day on his Xbox 360, recently he got a Xbox one s. And i cant fucking realise  how he dont get eye cancer from this 30 fps bullshit he plays everyday and say it is as good as it gets. I convinced at least one friend of mine who would brag first about his Xbox one s and the "4K gaming experience". He was shocked when he played the same game on my PC at 1440p ultra settings and 60 fps. I explained the problem of 30 fps and upscale resolution 3 months to him he would not belive it till he saw it and feel it himself. I destroyed the Console gaming experience for him. You have to show these people how it can be. But also i can understand the point of view of someone who games like 4 h per week that don`t want to spend that amount of money you pay for a good gaming pc or just don´t want to have any trouble with drivers incompatible hardware etc. You have to admit PC has some trade offs and people that dont want to worry about those things might be more happy with a console. For me PC is more than just gaming it offers me a lot of possibilities i cant live without. But that`s my point of view i can also understand people that are happy with their 300 dollar console and 300 dollar laptop combination. What i cant understand are people like my brother who game 24/7 and are satisfied with that experience a console offers. And i get salty if they say it is as good or even better as a good/high end gaming pc. "Your 1000+ euro gaming PC is bullshit i can get 1080/4 k gaming on my xbox one/one s // ps4 /ps4 pro for just 300-400 bucks" I would laugh so hard when people spent 400 euro for the "next gen console" that could not even output 1080 at 30 fps at some games at launch. 

Exactly. You have to try it to believe. As fu*ked up as it sounds. I have nothing against console gamers, I understand the struggle many have not knowing how to basic troubleshoot. I think it's a fair price to pay for the advantages you get, that's all. But that's not really the point. The point is that because they're satisfied with what they have, games aren't developed to their full potential. Noone is asking for it, so no one is putting in the effort.. (some cases, speaking broadly in general, keep an open mind when interpreting this)

2 hours ago, BadluckBrian said:

I am a console, peasant as you like to call us, user and I will never ever purchase a "gaming PC." Why? Because, I rarely play video games. I would never spend over one thousand monies on a computer that can do way more than I need if I can spend less than half of the monies and do what I need. I don't need the best, because I play about 10-15 hours of video games a year. I do not have time to play video games and I can find other things to do than video games. They cause un-needed stress and anger, why not buy a cheap laptop and learn a new programming language? Yeah, triple 4k monitors are awesome but I'd be much happier with a 720p panel with 30 hz. I do not need much to make me happy, and I rather spend my monies else where. I stopped playing video games, I used to play all the time and it was bad for my health and everyone around me. I got addicted very quickly to video games, now I stopped drinking soda and video games. I enjoy just browsing the web, playing music and living my life in what way makes me happy. If there is a problem with this, please message me and I will tell you all about how my life got so much better without video games. :)

I have nothing against people like you. And reading your comment actually filled me with peace, if that makes any sense..

Yeah, to much games affect your personality. I've experienced it, it's not cool. Specially online gaming. That can be toxic.

5 minutes ago, BadluckBrian said:

I am a console, peasant as you like to call us, user and I will never ever purchase a "gaming PC." Why? Because, I rarely play video games. I would never spend over one thousand monies on a computer that can do way more than I need if I can spend less than half of the monies and do what I need. I don't need the best, because I play about 10-15 hours of video games a year. I do not have time to play video games and I can find other things to do than video games. They cause un-needed stress and anger, why not buy a cheap laptop and learn a new programming language? Yeah, triple 4k monitors are awesome but I'd be much happier with a 720p panel with 30 hz. I do not need much to make me happy, and I rather spend my monies else where. I stopped playing video games, I used to play all the time and it was bad for my health and everyone around me. I got addicted very quickly to video games, now I stopped drinking soda and video games. I enjoy just browsing the web, playing music and living my life in what way makes me happy. If there is a problem with this, please message me and I will tel you all about how my life got so much better without video games. :)

I can totally understand people like you and why a console might be best solution for some people. I was also once addicted to video games. Today i still play but much less than i used to. In the past i could play forever 10-14 h a day today i get bored at some point or have stuff todo after 2 h but still i want a good experience so for my personal preferences i need that awesome graphics when i play some game. And i would still get angry about hardcore console lovers who say that a console is just  better experience for better money. 

For me the story of the game is more important then anything. It could be the most visually amazing game whether on pc or console but if the story sucks then all the visuals don't matter. 

For me one of the greatest games of all time is still to this day Final Fantasy 7, which from a graphics standpoint was very blocky. But the story was amazing. 

You get what you pay for.

41 minutes ago, Light-Yagami said:

what bothers me is that we have to wait for conoles to evolve FIRST and then the devs follow,

I hate this way of thinking.  While it's true that it is best to build for the highest level hardware first, then scale down, there is only so much that one can do before said game requires a certain level of hardware (minimum requirements), or else it can't run.

While you may state that consoles are holding us back, the revenue that console gamers give to the developers is huge, and without it they would probably not have the budget for the game in the first place.  At least when it comes to AAA games.

Just now, William Payne said:

For me the story of the game is more important then anything. It could be the most visually amazing game whether on pc or console but if the story sucks then all the visuals don't matter. 

For me one of the greatest games of all time is still to this day Final Fantasy 7, which from a graphics standpoint was very blocky. But the story was amazing. 

fair point. I replayed the original BO1 story 4 times. Old game, but gold game. Oh and Republic Commando. 2005. Still one of my favuorite games.. 

Just now, Light-Yagami said:

fair point. I replayed the original BO1 story 4 times. Old game, but gold game. Oh and Republic Commando. 2005. Still one of my favuorite games.. 

I should also state that I don't care what others are missing out on, I don't if im using pc or console and someone else is using the opposite. I only care about my own user experience and what is fine for me. 

1 minute ago, Cinnabar Sonar said:

You get what you pay for.

I hate this way of thinking.  While it's true that it is best to build for the highest level hardware first, then scale down, there is only so much that one can do before said game requires a certain level of hardware (minimum requirements), or else it can't run.

While you may state that consoles are holding us back, the revenue that console gamers give to the developers is huge, and without it they would probably not have the budget for the game in the first place.  At least when it comes to AAA games.

Then maybe make more powerfull consoles to give devs more headroom? Because that's what I was implying. 

And it's true what you said. Point taken

7 minutes ago, Light-Yagami said:

The point is that because they're satisfied with what they have, games aren't developed to their full potential. Noone is asking for it, so no one is putting in the effort.. (some cases, speaking broadly in general, keep an open mind when interpreting this)

Yes i expected an outrage from the hardcore community about like for example the xbox one at launch. "Like WTF my shiny new console i waited 8 years for cant even do what PC´s can do since 3-4 years already"

2 hours ago, William Payne said:

I should also state that I don't care what others are missing out on, I don't if im using pc or console and someone else is using the opposite. I only care about my own user experience and what is fine for me. 

Well. Your user experience is affected by how other people influence industry. Food for thought.

2 hours ago, Klemmbrett said:

Yes i expected an outrage from the hardcore community about like for example the xbox one at launch. "Like WTF my shiny new console i waited 8 years for cant even do what PC´s can do since 3-4 years already"

Exactly. You f*cking said it. This is perfect. This comment is the embodyment of my feeling right now. Thank you.