Issues with 2 different Monitors

Jubsi

Hello,

I am currently trying to fix a problem with my monitor setup.

I am using an ASUS PG248Q as my main monitor running at 1920x1080 144hz and an ASUS VX24AH as my secondary monitor running at 2560x1440 60hz.

Ever so often the VX24AH experiences a weird problem. I have a gif attached that shows this (the problems happens once every 30 - 200 seconds).

Things I have tried:
  • Fresh Install of Windows
  • Update Graphics Driver
  • Switch out the cable
  • Use a different port on the monitor/graphics card
  • put the graphics card into another PCIe Slot
  • Send the graphics card back and get a new one

I have notices that the problem is not happening when I set the display resolution to 1920x1080 on my VX24AH but that's not something I really want to do.

Does anyone know how to fix this or has experienced something similar?

Thanks in advance

issue.gif

Capture.PNG

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy13 said:

You could have a bad Monitor, or have a bad graphics card. Or the power to the graphics card could be bad. or your motherboard could be bad. I cant think of any more steps to take other than the ones you have already taken.

Is the problem exclusive to just this PC you are using, or does using a different PC yield the same results. This will tell you if it is a monitor / cable problem, or a computer problem.

The problem is only present when I use both monitors at those settings. If I use only the VX24AH at 2560x1440 at 60Hz it works just fine.
I have already used a different power cable for the graphics card.

Just for science, trying setting your 144hz panel to 120hz. You don't want to lose resolution on your other panel, but that drop in refresh isn't that much of a game changer and fits with you saying the glitch stops at different res. 

I've heard multiple monitors on different refresh can be glitchy. So this will have 1 panel at exactly 2:1 refresh of the other. 

On 10/27/2017 at 6:38 PM, Kc7vwc said:

Just for science, trying setting your 144hz panel to 120hz. You don't want to lose resolution on your other panel, but that drop in refresh isn't that much of a game changer and fits with you saying the glitch stops at different res. 

I've heard multiple monitors on different refresh can be glitchy. So this will have 1 panel at exactly 2:1 refresh of the other. 

This idea never crossed my mind but for now it seems to have solved the issue. I cannot say for sure since I haven't been trying it out for too long.