Cherry Speed vs Razer Yellow?

So I'm buying my first mechanical keyboard soon and have tested out my friends K70 with Browns. While i enjoyed the tactile bump for typing, i felt as if it was just slight enough to be "annoying" in FPS games where fingers are constantly placed on the WASD keys. I tend to be very light on my fingers and was wondering if a more Linear feeling switch would be a little more "Lighter" feeling than Tactile, with less force being necessary for key presses. 

While searching for the more popular options, i came across both the Cherry Speed switches (K95 Platinum) and the Razer Yellow (Blackwidow Chroma V2). I was wondering if anyone has had experience with either keys and could give their opinions. From what I heard Razer has had quality control issues in the past with their switches, but I think has since "fixed" or at least improved in time?

Ryzen 5800x | Asus ROG STRIX B550-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16gb | ASUS TUF GAMING OC RTX 3070 Ti | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb | Corsair RM750x

1 minute ago, Brett_Bst said:

razer = no thanks.

Had that Keyboard felt cheap and sent it back  after 2 weeks and got the K95 instead but that's just me

Really? What switch did you get for the Razer, what else didn't you like?

Also did you get the K95 with Speed switches, how do they feel compared to Reds etc.

Ryzen 5800x | Asus ROG STRIX B550-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16gb | ASUS TUF GAMING OC RTX 3070 Ti | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb | Corsair RM750x

Don't get a razer keyboard unless you want to buy a new keyboard a few years from now when it stops working.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

22 hours ago, Areyn13 said:

Really? What switch did you get for the Razer, what else didn't you like?

Also did you get the K95 with Speed switches, how do they feel compared to Reds etc.

I think it was razer green not to sure, I now have cherry mx reds on my K95.

to be honest what botherd me the most was the price I paid for that keyboard and I would look at it and think "that does not look or feel like its worth £200" :/

it bugged me so much I sent it bk.

I7 7700K @5.0ghz, Asus Z270-P, Corsair H115i, hyperX 16gb, Asus duel 1070, Nzxt H440

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/ZTsYD8

Do yourself a favor and buy a switch tester. They're like $15. Then you can have a better understanding of which switch type you like. I'd go for Speeds, because I like Red switches but would prefer one with shorter travel. I hate Blue and Brown. Black is a close second, if not tied.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

23 hours ago, Areyn13 said:

So I'm buying my first mechanical keyboard soon and have tested out my friends K70 with Browns. While i enjoyed the tactile bump for typing, i felt as if it was just slight enough to be "annoying" in FPS games where fingers are constantly placed on the WASD keys. I tend to be very light on my fingers and was wondering if a more Linear feeling switch would be a little more "Lighter" feeling than Tactile, with less force being necessary for key presses. 

While searching for the more popular options, i came across both the Cherry Speed switches (K95 Platinum) and the Razer Yellow (Blackwidow Chroma V2). I was wondering if anyone has had experience with either keys and could give their opinions. From what I heard Razer has had quality control issues in the past with their switches, but I think has since "fixed" or at least improved in time?

Gateron = Cherry > Greetech > Oeutemu > a steaming pile of shit > Kailh/Razer

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

So just a quick update, i ended up buying the K95 Platinum with Speed switches. Boy do they feel nice, the linear and smooth switches are definitely my preferred switch type from what I've tested so far (yet to test out Clicky switches)

Razer has low cheap quality builds, and their switches are even worse, they aren't as good as cherry mx switches as the type of switches they use are just as good as a $50 chinese mechanical keyboard, so its a complete rip off

On 10/24/2017 at 12:52 PM, geo3 said:

Personally I hate linear switches, especial while gaming. But if a light and linear switch is what you want look for Gateron clears.

well I have owned the cherry mx blues for one year now, and I have always disliked it for gaming, but it does feel good for typing for its accuracy and feeling like a type writer, but I feel it gets really annoying having to to push the keys down each time to move around and activate abilities.  Getting the keyboard for the sound and clickyness, annoys and completely bores me after owning it for 3 days after purchase, while wearing headphones block the sounds.

I have now planned on wanting linear switches now, and I feel that I could get used to typing on it while being able to increase my WPM further with it as I have seen it happened to other red/speed users

3 hours ago, FoxfireAhri said:

they aren't as good as cherry mx switches as the type of switches they use are just as good as a $50 chinese mechanical keyboard

Pretty sure I can get a keyboard from China for $50 with Gateron switches which are not only far superior to Razer switches but also beat out Cherry. 

1 hour ago, FoxfireAhri said:

well I have owned the cherry mx blues for one year now, and I have always disliked it for gaming, but it does feel good for typing for its accuracy and feeling like a type writer, but I feel it gets really annoying having to to push the keys down each time to move around and activate abilities.

I don't much like the feel of clicky switches either, the sound doesn't bother me. I use tactile all the way. Zealios, MOD-L, Kailh BOX-Browns, and MX clears.