Replacing power suppply

mopishcross17
5 hours ago, bomberblyat said:

Corsairs capacitors are so fucking shit

4 hours ago, bomberblyat said:

Corsairs capacitors are bad and what bad parts on psu means? probably good psu yahooooo

CX green is bad, CX grey is good.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

9 hours ago, TheRandomness said:

No, they are not. You're riding the 'ommggggg CX bad!!!!' train a little too hard. They've improved since then.

well i still would recommend buy any other psu than corsair, but whatever :P

19 minutes ago, bomberblyat said:

well i still would recommend buy any other psu than corsair, but whatever :P

Give me a good PSU in 2017 under A$70.

No other choices pretty much

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

11 hours ago, bomberblyat said:

Corsairs capacitors are bad and what bad parts on psu means? probably good psu yahooooo

Corsair doesn't do capacitors, they use Capacitors of named brands.

But I really can't hear that Capacitor-Panic Bullshit. If it doesn't have 100% "Wapanese" capacitors, it will explode. No, it will not. And if it will last or not does not depend on the capacitors but on the design!!

A good design does not need good capacitors!

If a PSU is designed (very) well, even the worst of the worst capacitors will last for a long long time. And also if the Design is shit even the best capacitors can't save it and will die within a couple of years.

So to say that better capacitors are better without knowing the enviroment they are used in, is total bullshit.

Like flamin Teapo because their SC series failed on a Motherboard or in a really hot Flex ATX PSU without much airflow.

And also all we have is ancient data. Many capacitor manufacturers update their lineup from time to time. And they update the lifetime like from 2000h max to 3000h.

So in the end, nobody of us can say if a capacitor is good or not.

What we might say is if a capacitor from 10years ago might be better or worse. Nothing more. And if you cook a capacitor well, even the best ones won't last long...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

22 hours ago, bomberblyat said:

google corsair psu explode

With enough brownouts or voltage spikes, every PSU will explode.

That's a really bad argument...

22 hours ago, mariushm said:

69$ : beQuiet system power 8 500w - fsp oem , silent fans, better efficiency (up to 87%), not much else to say

no, HEC...

https://www.computerbase.de/2016-09/500-w-netzteil-be-quiet-aerocool-chieftec-xilence-test/3/

By the way, for 79AUS$ I'd get that:

https://www.pccasegear.com/products/38616/be-quiet-pure-power-10-400w-power-supply

Isn't that expensive. According to Google, that's just 52,5€UROS.

It's not a great deal but the price is somewhat OKish...

2 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

By the way, for 79AUS$ I'd get that:

https://www.pccasegear.com/products/38616/be-quiet-pure-power-10-400w-power-supply

Isn't that expensive. According to Google, that's just 52,5€UROS.

It's not a great deal but the price is somewhat OKish...

Does the European prices include Tax? IDK myself, and that may change the fact.

Australia does. Everything (excluding bottled water and sanitary items) in Australia includes a 10% tax (called Goods and Services Tax or GST), so it would be $72AU without tax (or €48 without tax).

Liquor and Ciggies have extra tax added on, same with fuel, cars and buildings, but that's out of the scope of a tech forum.

https://www.mwave.com.au/product/seasonic-s12ii620-620w-80-bronze-power-supply-aa49378  -Non modular

https://www.pccasegear.com/products/13567/seasonic-m12ii-620w-evo-edition-bronze-power-supply/ - modular.

This is what I would go for. As someone who's had Thermaltake psu and wasn't really that pleased about it and then moved to Seasonic, I really happy with Seasonic.

Yes it's more than the 65$ thermaltake, but I say it's worth it.

39 minutes ago, NvidiaIntelAMDLoveTriangle said:

https://www.mwave.com.au/product/seasonic-s12ii620-620w-80-bronze-power-supply-aa49378  -Non modular

https://www.pccasegear.com/products/13567/seasonic-m12ii-620w-evo-edition-bronze-power-supply/ - modular.

This is what I would go for. As someone who's had Thermaltake psu and wasn't really that pleased about it and then moved to Seasonic, I really happy with Seasonic.

those 2 are old as dirt and missing some needed protections, bad choice for that price.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

13 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

those 2 are old as dirt and missing some needed protections, bad choice for that price.

What are you even talking about?

1 hour ago, NvidiaIntelAMDLoveTriangle said:

I'd actually get the Thermaltake Smart RGB 500W over the S12II if my choice was out of the 2.

However, with the choices the OP has, I'd get neither, and get would get the BeQuiet Purepower 10 400W instead.

19 minutes ago, NvidiaIntelAMDLoveTriangle said:

Why would you get an S12II?

58 minutes ago, NvidiaIntelAMDLoveTriangle said:

the s/m12ii are bad choices. the S12ii and M12ii are 7 years old and don't have OTP, OCP and OVP on the 12v rail. for the same price as the m12 you can get a vastly better TX550M so it's a bad choice.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

18 hours ago, bomberblyat said:

So you've seen all these failed units internally after they fail and have determined that it's the capacitors that's failed/??

Stick with what you know.... which isn't power supplies.

5 hours ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

Does the European prices include Tax? IDK myself, and that may change the fact.

Yes, of course.

You must not mention the price without Tax in Germany ever.

And it is only relevant for business wich can get the sales tax back for some situations.

5 hours ago, NvidiaIntelAMDLoveTriangle said:

Oh dear...

If you don't know anything about PSU it would be nice if you won't recommend anything.

Those two are just way too expensive because you can get independently regulated units for the same price.

And the S12II/M12II up to 620W are group regulated (=+5V/+12V are regulated dependent from each other. So you can force the voltage out of spec with loading).

They are rather loud/annoying under higher load conditions (so around 300W) and also lack protection.

They were somewhat OKish back in 2010 when they came out. But by todays standard, they are not worth even thinking about much less recommend.

And just because someone always did something doesn't mean that it's a good idea, especially after such a long time...

Think about someone asking about a graphics card now and you recommend a GTX 680. That's in the same ballpark...

13 minutes ago, NvidiaIntelAMDLoveTriangle said:

Everyone all of a sudden is power supply expert here.

...well, they're not wrong. If everyone is telling you the same exact thing, that's usually a large indicator that what you said was incorrect.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

1 hour ago, NvidiaIntelAMDLoveTriangle said:

Everyone all of a sudden is power supply expert here.

Yould you please stop it and stand with the things you said??

There are indeed people here who do some PSU testing and like to be informed about PSU for various reasons and like to learn stuff.

If you are not one of them, you have to expect that there will be some people that know more than you and tell you that the ones you recommend aren't worth recommending.

All Group Regulated units were downgraded in this Tierlist because they are pretty much obsolete and should not be used these days if you can avoid it. 

And here you can avoid group regulated stuff...

The Seasonic S12II/M12II (620W and lower) aren't good units anymore. 750W and up are somewhat OK still. but that doesn't make up for the lower wattage ones....

17 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

Yould you please stop it and stand with the things you said??

There are indeed people here who do some PSU testing and like to be informed about PSU for various reasons and like to learn stuff.

If you are not one of them, you have to expect that there will be some people that know more than you and tell you that the ones you recommend aren't worth recommending.

All Group Regulated units were downgraded in this Tierlist because they are pretty much obsolete and should not be used these days if you can avoid it. 

And here you can avoid group regulated stuff...

The Seasonic S12II/M12II (620W and lower) aren't good units anymore. 750W and up are somewhat OK still. but that doesn't make up for the lower wattage ones....

That was completely debunked years ago.

As a new user I shouldn't be arguing in my second message, but I think that every 'pro-S12II' statement is incorrect. What they offer, exclusively excepting Japanese Caps (while that's a bit questionable) belongs to a lower segment. I don't think getting that basic, old, group regulated and bad protected PSU series for 70-80 euros (sorry, needed to make the conversion:$) is worth. Even in the 50-60€ range, the Pure Power 10 400W beats it, and I don't really think there is a single reason for buying a S12II against a Pure Power 10.

3 hours ago, breixobaloca said:

As a new user I shouldn't be arguing in my second message, but I think that every 'pro-S12II' statement is incorrect. What they offer, exclusively excepting Japanese Caps (while that's a bit questionable) belongs to a lower segment. I don't think getting that basic, old, group regulated and bad protected PSU series for 70-80 euros (sorry, needed to make the conversion:$) is worth. Even in the 50-60€ range, the Pure Power 10 400W beats it, and I don't really think there is a single reason for buying a S12II against a Pure Power 10.

And if your American, the CXM line is only slightly more, and is DC-DC with all the protections.

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Delta - Laptop