Epic vr build

I am building a new computer for the release of the new 8k pimax vr headset. I plan to over kill it, starting with my case. I have a budget of around 7000 and am building it in Canada. Here is what I am planning. I have my case, rad and pump so far.

Motherboard

Maximus X Apex

CPU/Processor

Intel i7 8700k

IC Diamond Thermal Compound

GPU/ Graphics card

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 sli

Liquid cooled

Ram/Memory

32G Corsair dominator platinum DDR4 (2x16g)

Pcu/Power supply

Seasonic Platinum SS-1000XP 1000W

Cooling

Phobya G-changer 1080 (9×120mm corsair 120hd rgb pwm fans) powered by a swiftech D5 pump mcp655-b.

Custom case

Pelican 1650 5x120mm corsair hd rgb pwm fans

Any comments or improvments? Like I am worried about plugging in all those fans.. Will I need something else to plug them innor worrying about nothing. Its been years since I was last into doing this kind of thing.

20171017_181656.jpg

Why not have 1080 Tis in SLI? Regular 1080s are just that, regular 1080s :P Also, you can plug about 5 fans into a single motherboard header (with splitters) before anything bad happens.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

If you have 7k to spend why not go with GTX 1080 Ti's and an i9-7960x

Laptop:           Model: 2017 MacBook Pro | CPU: i7-7820HQ | GPU: Radeon Pro 500 Series GPU| Storage: 512GB NVMe SSD | RAM: 16GB RAM

Gaming Pc:    CPU: i5-10400 | Mobo: ASUS H470-I | RAM: 16GB 2666MHz | GPU: Radeon VII 16GB |  OS: Win 10 | |  Storage: 1TB NVMe SSD

Old Gaming Pc:    CPU: i7-6700K | Mobo: ASUS Z170-A | RAM: 16GB 2166MHz | GPU: GTX 1080|  OS: Win 10 | | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow chroma | Mouse: Logitech MX Master |

How about something like this:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xrN9VY

Laptop:           Model: 2017 MacBook Pro | CPU: i7-7820HQ | GPU: Radeon Pro 500 Series GPU| Storage: 512GB NVMe SSD | RAM: 16GB RAM

Gaming Pc:    CPU: i5-10400 | Mobo: ASUS H470-I | RAM: 16GB 2666MHz | GPU: Radeon VII 16GB |  OS: Win 10 | |  Storage: 1TB NVMe SSD

Old Gaming Pc:    CPU: i7-6700K | Mobo: ASUS Z170-A | RAM: 16GB 2166MHz | GPU: GTX 1080|  OS: Win 10 | | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow chroma | Mouse: Logitech MX Master |

10 minutes ago, Ashaman Cooper said:

GPU/ Graphics card

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 sli

Liquid cooled

8 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

Why not have 1080 Tis in SLI? Regular 1080s are just that, regular 1080s :P Also, you can plug about 5 fans into a single motherboard header (with splitters) before anything bad happens.

Guys, SLI is not supported in VR.

There is a completely different thing with the confusingly similar name of VR SLI, but zero games support it.

So you should just get a single 1080 Ti.

Ah, that I didnt know.. However it hurt the vr right? If not it will still help with some video work or rendering. 

I think that the choice of CPU will be better than an extreme edition for gaming, as long as you overclock to 5ghz or so.

10 minutes ago, Ashaman Cooper said:

Ah, that I didnt know.. However it hurt the vr right? If not it will still help with some video work or rendering. 

Yeah it's fine. Though I think a single 1080 Ti would do pretty well anyhow.

Or two of them if you really want overkill. xD

Get a single 1080 Ti. Get a deliding tool. Why not a Seasonic Prime, and if you go for mediocre RGB fans, why not the Corsair LL?

Edit: Also, for VR, a $7000 rig is starting to get into "wasteful" level overkill

Edited by seon123
Something something

:)

4 hours ago, dogetorhue said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rG7nbj <-- If you want more cores but also high clocks. I assume you'll handle CPU cooling separately. I don't think that having 2 1080Tis would hurt the performance... though the posieden cards are like $1100 iirc.

What is the difference in the posieden cards? I dont get all the 1080 cards.. I Might just get one for now and duel the 2080 when it comes out.

4 hours ago, seon123 said:

Get a single 1080 Ti. Get a deliding tool. Why not a Seasonic Prime, and if you go for mediocre RGB fans, why not the Corsair LL?

Edit: Also, for VR, a $7000 rig is starting to get into "wasteful" level overkill

I like the seasonic prime.. I had just choosen the psu i had based on the rating and output. I like how the 120hd light up the fan case, also the price jump to the ll is a bit. I would have gone noctua fans, but I would like the rgb and the performance doesnt seem worth the trade. Have a better idea? 7000 is my whole budget, alot is going into the case for overkill cooling. Im building it for vr, but I want to be able to do more aswell.

4 hours ago, ClientDigital said:

If you have 7k to spend why not go with GTX 1080 Ti's and an i9-7960x

Why?