How to fix Middle Click on Razer Ouroboros?

I've had my Razer Ouroboros for three years now and the middle click just went out and was confirmed broken by a razer agent through their online support. Since my Ouro is our of warrenty my question is, is the middle click button replaceable and if so what part would I need to order?

Thank you

I have a Razer Tapian and I noticed that my middle mouse button was broken as well (I've had mine for three years as well), but never bothered to get it fixed. I guess this is a problem that they have. I'm gonna follow this thread because I'd be interested in this as well xD 

If you're willing, you could try taking it apart. One of my old mouses middle click stopped working. I took it apart and turns out the metal piece connected the scroll wheel and the button itself had just slipped. I bent it back and its still working great now (a year later).

If you did have to replace it you'd probably need to get a whole new circuit board. The button is probably soldered down.

Currently majoring in computer networking. That's about it yeah. Not much goes on in my life.

Be sure to quote me if you want me to reply!

30 minutes ago, kagarium said:

If you're willing, you could try taking it apart. One of my old mouses middle click stopped working. I took it apart and turns out the metal piece connected the scroll wheel and the button itself had just slipped. I bent it back and its still working great now (a year later).

If you did have to replace it you'd probably need to get a whole new circuit board. The button is probably soldered down.

I have nothing to lose with taking apart the mouse so I might as well do it. I kind of feared that the middle button was soldered to the board but it makes sense for production.

I replaced the right-click on a mouse not too long ago. Surprisingly the middle-click is usually just a standard mouse switch like the left and right click switches, although sometimes has a different "clickiness" to it as some manufacturers use a switch with higher resistance for some reason. Anyway if it's not as simple as putting it back into place as @kagarium

mentioned, a faulty switch itself can in 99% of cases only be replaced with a soldering iron and tweezers. That's how I fixed mine. In fact, my right click on one of my mice is currently the middle-click switch from a different "donor" mouse. I'd dig in there and see if you can fix it. You don't have a lot to lose as long as you only tinker with the faulty middle-click and not anything else. If you manage to remove or locate your middle-click switch (button), it should have a model number on it that you can re-order. Should be a very cheap item, sometimes sold in bulk for a couple bucks. Soldering irons are also cheap :D Best of luck! Otherwise maybe temporarily remap one of the buttons to middle-click in Razer Synapse.

Meh some build specs...

Meh some inspirational quote meh...

I took the mouse apart and discovered several things:

1. Razer hides a lot of screws under stickers.
  2. There are a lot of screws
  3. The sensor is connected directly to the board but I did not get a good look at how the switch was attached to the board (I was at a friends house and needed to use the mouse again)
  4. The mouse is a pain in the ass the reassemble

Attached is a picture of the front board for the mouse that I found on ebay for. I'm pretty sure it is a Chinese knockoff.

I will take apart the mouse again when I get my stand in mouse back.

Razer board.png