[ URGENT Critical] Considering even calling Puget Techs

Scania Solstice

I can't seem to find any thread about it on here so feel free to redirect it to the appropriate area if there has been another one but I need a perfect solution to correct my problem.

It seems that after the installation of the latest NVIDIA Driver on my NVIDIA Geforce GTX 970...my monitor screen display has randomly become dim, dim to the point where I'm hardly able to see anything except what I type.

My Monitor says it's at 100% Brightness and 100% Contrast which doesn't make much sense to me, can someone provide me with a fix/solution to this problem please? This has seriously ruined my night and morning...

Not that it matters too much since I've investigated possible monitor driver fixes which hasn't done a single thing to change the result, however, I'm using a Samsung Syncmaster 223BW/BSG...

That's a 10 year old monitor. It's more than likely the back light of the screen has gone out. 

If you have anything else to plug into the screen and have the same issue, it's a bad screen.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

The thing is, I don't have anything else and it was working fine until after the driver installation. I attempted re-install after install as well as rollback and re-install and still nothing.

1 minute ago, Scania Solstice said:

The thing is, I don't have anything else and it was working fine until after the driver installation. I attempted re-install after install as well as rollback and re-install and still nothing.

Clean unistall the drivers, if it doesn't work it's most likely to be the monitor to be broken and just a coincidence on when it happened.

It does look like a broken monitor. Try plugging it to another system if possible to check it.