Xbox 360 Instant red dot shutdown ( replaced paste) ?

WolfLoverPro

well before I replaced paste it worked for a few minutes NOW I've replaced the paste it won't even attempt to turn on what's going on here ? I tried to reassemble everything but still does it so now I'm stuck because it's worse than it was but I don't see how all I done was replace the damn paste 

now it dont even stay stay on long enough for me to get the error code

could it be to do with original X-clamps? as when you take them off they dont have original force to keep heatsink placed on top of processor. other than that im not sure what else there is that could be stopping machine from working.

i have alot of experience with the older 360's RROD and the X-clamps were always one of the issues that stopped machines from working again properly

When a man lies he murders some part of the world 
These are the pale deaths 
Which men miscall their lives 
All this I cannot bear to witness any longer 
Cannot the kingdom of salvation 
Take me home

10 minutes ago, jaybob85 said:

could it be to do with original X-clamps? as when you take them off they dont have original force to keep heatsink placed on top of processor. other than that im not sure what else there is that could be stopping machine from working.

i have alot of experience with the older 360's RROD and the X-clamps were always one of the issues that stopped machines from working again properly

Ok um I'm not sure it could be but I tried bending  them idk how else to try fix it also the clamp are on the bit of the screw ident where there meant to be but it could be as when I push it seems like it can go more however they are on the screw notches so idk how else to keep it Down

3 hours ago, WolfLoverPro said:

Ok um I'm not sure it could be but I tried bending  them idk how else to try fix it also the clamp are on the bit of the screw ident where there meant to be but it could be as when I push it seems like it can go more however they are on the screw notches so idk how else to keep it Down

do the X-clamps have the black plastic risers on them still? (plastic square in the center of the clamp) if not then that would be the issue as clamp would not provide enough force to to hold heatsink in place, apart from that only other thing that works (like phat 360's) is to overheat the chip after applying new paste for the chip to reseat on board again (maybe down to micro fractures in the solder under chip) apart from these steps im not sure what else it could be unless i have said console in front of me to diagnose exactly whats wrong.

hopefully you get the system up and running again soon!

Take me home

1 hour ago, jaybob85 said:

do the X-clamps have the black plastic risers on them still? (plastic square in the center of the clamp) if not then that would be the issue as clamp would not provide enough force to to hold heatsink in place, apart from that only other thing that works (like phat 360's) is to overheat the chip after applying new paste for the chip to reseat on board again (maybe down to micro fractures in the solder under chip) apart from these steps im not sure what else it could be unless i have said console in front of me to diagnose exactly whats wrong.

hopefully you get the system up and running again soon!

yep they have that on it i took some pictures idk if u can see anything wrong idk really what to do now >;[ hate this thing

https://imgur.com/a/ix9Zp#mQabHaG

and here are some of the 4 legs

https://imgur.com/a/rn6z9#TOyPBin

42 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

yep they have that on it i took some pictures idk if u can see anything wrong idk really what to do now >;[ hate this thing

https://imgur.com/a/ix9Zp#mQabHaG

and here are some of the 4 legs

https://imgur.com/a/rn6z9#TOyPBin

looking at the pics you posted the x-clamp seems to be ok, apart from a little scratching on the motherboard by the openings (where you removed x-clamp from) do you have a heatgun at all? if so i would suggest hovering it over the cpu for a little while to see if that rectifies the issue, other than that i am fresh out of ideas for this im sorry to say, but again i hope you get up and running again.

Take me home

First of all, I'd try putting back the HDD, DVD-drive and WiFi chip. 

Have you tried putting the board back into the case and fastening all the screws? I can't argue with any logic for this, but when all else fails, it's best to try everything. It's at least curious that the heatsink is attached with four screws to the casing, I can't recall if the x-clamp is high enough to enable those screws to further tighten the heatsink, but it's worth a shot?