Abnormal temps on 9590fx cpu

Not going to lie im not an overclocker so kinda in unknown terratory atm

14 minutes ago, lifestinks37 said:

Solid combo there, it + a 1080 ti will quite possibly perform better than your current cpu and 2 titan xp

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

Im getting the titans before i start saveing.... I have 4 months left ie 10 paychecks cus we are payed a monthe in the rear

1 minute ago, lifestinks37 said:

Im getting the titans before i start saveing.... I have 4 months left ie 10 paychecks cus we are payed a monthe in the rear

To be frank, do you need the Titans?

I'm not trying to devolve this into a "lol ur cpu sux" argument but surely you'd be fine off with a 1080 Ti? Unless I'm missing something...

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Just now, lifestinks37 said:

A solid 1080 ti costs 700, a titan XP costs 1200.  They perform exactly the same

Just now, Damascus said:

Solid combo there, it + a 1080 ti will quite possibly perform better than your current cpu and 2 titan xp

Ok, well than any suggeations on a well priced kit of 32gb ddr4 i dont care for rgb...

6 minutes ago, HarveyDjent said:

"future proof" "saving cash big time" 

> buys two titans...

Downgrades from 2way SLI GTX 980 to SLI Original GTX TITAN xD

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

They are evga, nothing super special about em except that they are titan x's

The 980's are going into my wifes machine for some rendering work she does and yeah she can have em

1 minute ago, lifestinks37 said:

Maxwell Titan X's (e.g. around a 1070) or Pascal Titan X's (e.g. around a 1080Ti)?

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

3 minutes ago, lifestinks37 said:

A single 1080 Ti is much better than 2way SLI Maxwell TITAN X's.... I owned a TITAN X Maxwell, this sure was a power house sure but it was freaking hot, had to set its fan to 100% on loads like The Witcher 3 throttling itself on 1350mhz wall at 80ish celsius degrees.

The 1080 Ti can play on the same settings without breaking a sweat, stays on the high 60's degrees with a much quieter fan only running at 60% as well

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

3 minutes ago, lifestinks37 said:

Titan x Maxwell is NOT worth 450, only pascal. A single 1080 ti would crush two titan x Maxwell at literally everything

put the offset mode into manual and then you can change the vcore to 1.4 its called cpu offset volts on your broad put the offset mode into manual and then you can change the vcore to 1.4 its called cpu offset volts on your broad 

4 minutes ago, Steven LaFrance said:

put the offset mode into manual and then you can change the vcore to 1.4 its called cpu offset volts on your broad put the offset mode into manual and then you can change the vcore to 1.4 its called cpu offset volts on your broad 

Ok il try that in the morning, anything else you would suggest trying while i have you here lol

2 minutes ago, lifestinks37 said:

Ok il try that in the morning, anything else you would suggest trying while i have you here lol

tbh that really is the only thing that i can think of at the moment and its @1.51 vcore in the photo and that way to high for that cpu if its not overclocked, keep me posted 

Just now, Steven LaFrance said:

tbh that really is the only thing that i can think of atm the moment and its @1.51 vcore in the photo and that way to high for that cpu if its not overclocked, keep me posted 

Il message you when i get to it 2m, much appreachiated

Just now, lifestinks37 said:

Il message you when i get to it 2m, much appreachiated

no problem 

One: That's a 200 TDP chip. Literally a heater. AMD recommends a liquid cooler for that and even then it won't have good thermals.

Two: The FX 9590 is a crap CPU. As others have said, a Ryzen 1200 would rip it a part. If you have 350$, definitely upgrade. You won't regret it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AX1600i owner. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_GMev0EwK37J3zZL98zIqF-OSBuHlFEHmrc_SPuYsjs/edit?usp=sharing My WIP Power Supply Guide.

9 hours ago, QuantumElement said:

One: That's a 200 TDP chip. Literally a heater. AMD recommends a liquid cooler for that and even then it won't have good thermals.

Two: The FX 9590 is a crap CPU. As others have said, a Ryzen 1200 would rip it a part. If you have 350$, definitely upgrade. You won't regret it.

I have a aio cooler on it, on the msi board the temps wer fine, swap in the new sabertooth board and they skyrocket for no appearent reason

can't tell if troll or serious.

has black edition 9590 with water cooling

'whats overclocking'

21 hours ago, lifestinks37 said:

I have a aio cooler on it, on the msi board the temps wer fine, swap in the new sabertooth board and they skyrocket for no appearent reason

did lowing the vcore help?

I'm running that board with a FX-8350. I had some high temps at first when overclocking, but eventually got a stable overclock to 4.7ghz and temps are super low now. Just want to make sure for one, did you update to the latest bios? There is a newer bios on Asus website. I forget the version off the top of my head, but I just want to make sure you are dealing with the latest. As someone else already said, you can manually adjust voltage, but the real power control comes in Digi+ Adjusting the LLC and some other settings in there. I'm assuming you put the little 40mm fan in the VRM cooler slot? When I added that it helped a little with temps too. I have mine blowing at the VRM's. If you need more specific settings in bios, let me know. 

Current System: MoonLightRyzen

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700x @ 3.9ghz  Board: Asus ROG C6H  Ram: G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 3000mhz  Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic

GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1070 OC in SLI M.2: Samsung 960 Evo 250gb SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 512gb x2 HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB and 2TB

PSU: Corsair RM850x White  Cooler: XSPC/Phanteks Custom Loop 

Backup System: RedDragonV3.0

FX-8350 @ 4.7ghz, Asus TUF Sabertooth 990fx r3.0, MSI GTX 1060 6gb Gaming X, Crucial Balistix Tracer 32gb, M.2 Samsung 960 Evo 250,

Seagate Firecudda 2tb, Seagate Barracuda 2tb, NZXT S340 Elite White, Kraken X62, Corsair RM750x, Hue+