So what about Nokia 8?

Mihle

So, its seems like a good phone, and its one of the cheaper phones, why havent I heard more about it in media and on forums and stuff?

Is it just that Nokia is already dead in peoples minds and therefore dont really care/dont know about it?

Only main thing is wrong with it in my opinion is that I prefer finger print sensor at the back.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

I know someone who got the Nokia 5 and had to return it due to the screen not working as intended. It worked as if it had water damage (but it didn't).

Nokia kind of agreed with most people that it's phones were bad after the new ones had switched to Android from that awful, annoying, difficult UI, Limited Apps OS. 

I don't know how the N5 relates to the N8 but i would immediately suspect that it is also bad and lacking features that other phones have. Also, if the phone wasn't bad then why would you even go for a Nokia phone in the first place? Go for a Huawei instead, great phone. Sorry about the rant but there you go.

*Was a Nokia 3 actually.

1 minute ago, ErykYT3 said:

I know someone who got the Nokia 5 and had to return it due to the screen not working as intended. It worked as if it had water damage (but it didn't).

Nokia kind of agreed with most people that it's phones were bad after the new ones had switched to Android from that awful, annoying, difficult UI, Limited Apps OS. 

I don't know how the N5 relates to the N8 but i would immediately suspect that it is also bad and lacking features that other phones have. Also, if the phone wasn't bad then why would you even go for a Nokia phone in the first place? Go for a Huawei instead, great phone. Sorry about the rant but there you go.

*Was a Nokia 3 actually.

May i add that the N3 had a 720p Screen...

After exchanging that awful thing he got a Huawei P10 Lite which i would recommend to anyone as a mid range phone at an acceptable budget/contract and it was MUCH better than what Nokia was providing. 

Nokia should be fine, people just lost interest over it with the failure of Windows Phone which only failed because nobody wanted to develop software for it.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

19 minutes ago, ErykYT3 said:

May i add that the N3 had a 720p Screen

What's wrong with a 720p screen? My Z3C only has an 720P display and its more than adequate :P 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

52 minutes ago, ErykYT3 said:

*Was a Nokia 3 actually.

not heard about that. But I would never go Huawei that isnt a nexus.

But what features doesnt it have?

Nokia is finish, I do sport of have a little bit of bias against phones developed in Europe. Thats probably why I made this thread.

BTW, thank you mod for moving it

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 

-Stephen Hawking

4 hours ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

What's wrong with a 720p screen? My Z3C only has an 720P display and its more than adequate :P 

As someone who uses a 4K screen on a day basis and has a 1080p phone screen, the N3 Red just seemed quite "out of touch". 

Also if that answer doesn't satisfy your question, the standard for many phones now is for them to be 1080p and I don't see why the N3 was missing that. 

2 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Really? Define cheap. Cheap compared to? 

Cheap compared to other flagship phones. Almost flagship specs but is cheaper than most flagships.

-Stephen Hawking

19 hours ago, ErykYT3 said:

I don't see why the N3 was missing that

Hmmm...I wonder if its rather low price has anything to do with it :D 

19 hours ago, ErykYT3 said:

As someone who uses a 4K screen on a day basis and has a 1080p phone screen, the N3 Red just seemed quite "out of touch". 

And as someone who has used a 1440p phone, 720p IMO is fine.

It's not a bad phone but it doesn't do anything out of the ordinary either. It's not overly cheap, it doesn't have any stand out features, it doesn't have a stand out design. it's a phone. It's gotten lost in a sea of other phones. It also isn't launching in the US, so that takes away a great deal of coverage.

I was interested in the new Nokia phones until I saw the small screen size. Interest gone.

It's only IP54 rated. Another strike.

That said, battery life is decent, it should get fast Android updates, and their phones have been super strong. If you don't care about the missing features or wow factor, I'm sure it'll be a good device.

On 10/10/2017 at 11:18 AM, ErykYT3 said:

*Was a Nokia 3 actually.

You can't judge a brand off a random one off happening. Every company has issues with the odd device, he just happened to get that one that slipped past QC. Huawei has just as many if not more problems than Nokia. P10 memory issue? Data mining?

On 10/10/2017 at 11:41 AM, Mr.Meerkat said:

Size. 720p on a 4.6" screen vs a 5.3" screen are a little different ;)

On 10/10/2017 at 4:41 PM, ErykYT3 said:

Also if that answer doesn't satisfy your question, the standard for many phones now is for them to be 1080p and I don't see why the N3 was missing that. 

Because it's a budget phone. Not sure why you'd ask :P

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

11 hours ago, dizmo said:

It's not a bad phone but it doesn't do anything out of the ordinary either. It's not overly cheap, it doesn't have any stand out features, it doesn't have a stand out design. it's a phone. It's gotten lost in a sea of other phones. It also isn't launching in the US, so that takes away a great deal of coverage.

I was interested in the new Nokia phones until I saw the small screen size. Interest gone.

That said, battery life is decent, it should get fast Android updates, and their phones have been super strong. If you don't care about the missing features or wow factor, I'm sure it'll be a good device.

But its basically a the same as OnePlus 5 so I would expect it to sell basically the same, but it doesnt seem to be.
In my country its cheaper to....

-Stephen Hawking

18 hours ago, dizmo said:

Size. 720p on a 4.6" screen vs a 5.3" screen are a little different

But the N3 is only a 5"? :P 

On 10/11/2017 at 7:17 PM, Mr.Meerkat said:

Hmmm...I wonder if its rather low price has anything to do with it :D 

And as someone who has used a 1440p phone, 720p IMO is fine.

There are other phones in a similar price range or cheaper with 1080p...

19 hours ago, dizmo said:

You can't judge a brand off a random one off happening. Every company has issues with the odd device, he just happened to get that one that slipped past QC. Huawei has just as many if not more problems than Nokia. P10 memory issue? Data mining?

Size. 720p on a 4.6" screen vs a 5.3" screen are a little different ;)

Because it's a budget phone. Not sure why you'd ask :P

Your last point is true and it's like the Iphone 10, You look at it and think it's awesome, then you start to look at cheaper phones and your interest starts to decline....

The same here with the N3, I'm not necessarily saying that 720p is bad, just that after compared to other phones at that price it doesn't hold up well.

57 minutes ago, ErykYT3 said:

There are other phones in a similar price range or cheaper with 1080p...

Phones in the same price range (i.e. they're all sub £140).

ZTE blade V7 lite - 720p display

Wileyfox Spark X - 720p

LG K8 - 720p

Huawei Y6 - 720p

Motorola G4 play- 720p

HTC 530 - 720p

Motorola E4- 720p

Sony E5 - 720p

(Pricing based off Amazon UK and Carphone warehouse, UK's biggest phone seller). 

Granted, for £10-30 more (the N3 is £123 on Amazon UK), you could get a Motorola G5 or a Huawei P8 lite (both £150) which both have 1080p displays but that's not my point. The point is if you're looking at the phones with their pricing being +/-£15 of the N3 (i.e. Actually priced the 'same'), you will find no (excluding those properly generic Chinese brands) phones with a 1080p display. Don't get me wrong, I'd happily spend £10-30 more for a 1080p display however when you actually look at its competition, both its pricing and specs are pretty on par with others. 

On a side note, this is my POV from Britain's pricing. Obviously pricing differs across the world so its very possible that there are indeed phones with 1080p displays at the same price range or cheaper.