Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro S (USB Cable Concerns)

Hello,

I have been considering the Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro S RGB keyboard, but I have concerns about that micro USB connector. I have read several reports around the web of some having issues with the keyboard disconnecting. Not sure if this is due to faulty early batches of this keyboard or not, or just a common issue with micro USB connectors in general.

61mBv6KRCSL._SL1280_.jpg

If you own this keyboard, how do you like it? Have you had any issues with the cable, or any other issues with it? If you bought a different USB cable to use with it, which one did you get?

Thanks for any help.

lots of people in the keyboard market aka check reddit 4 cool keycaps & custom boards use micro usb cables. i wouldn't be too worried as you can replace the cable. if you are worried about bad ports keep your receipt 

blackshades on

Thanks, I have looked on Reddit, actually. Just hoping to get some feedback from some owners around here.

I got mine a couple months ago and never experienced this problem. The left angle connector is kinda annoying (in my specific setup), but never had any disconnects. Maybe people are putting too much pressure on the cable to the right?

Edit: @kelvinhall05 has one too, maybe he can comment on it?

And if you care, I did a small review on this keyboard too.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

It happens to me too. I'm not sure if it's the keyboard or the USB port it's plugged into, but reconnecting it fixes the issue.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

5 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

It happens to me too. I'm not sure if it's the keyboard or the USB port it's plugged into, but reconnecting it fixes the issue.

I bet it's the keyboard disconnecting when you are moving it, even slightly moving it. Too many others are experiencing the same thing, which is too bad. It's a sweet looking keyboard, but I believe I will pass on it if it's going to be doing that. I am constantly shifting my keyboard while at my desk, so it's probably best I choose something else. 

Thanks everyone!

Friend has this keyboard, it kept disconnecting with the original cable even when stationary, they got a new one and haven't really had any problems since then.

I have one and have had it for about 9 months now, my fiancee has one and my best mate as well, none of us have had problems with the usb cable, I have had my E key die but the store i bought it from replaced the board no worries.