Best Looking Games? (Photorealism etc.)

TehhMiik

Hey guys, what are the BEST looking games? Like back in the day, The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter was a killer. Anything like that about? GTA 5 looks good but I want a really photo realistic game to play c:

Thank youuuuu

No one likes fanboys.

Just now, HZapperz said:

minecraft is a pretty graphically satisfying game :P

oh ya bois

My favorite restaurant is hooters

Battlefield 1 does a really good job. The new Battlefront two looks good, too. Alien Isolation was pretty good.

But yeah, most AAA games look pretty damn good.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AX1600i owner. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_GMev0EwK37J3zZL98zIqF-OSBuHlFEHmrc_SPuYsjs/edit?usp=sharing My WIP Power Supply Guide.

Life is Strange/Before the Storm

Tomb Raider/Rise of the Tomb Raider

"I'm so glad you're my partner in crime."

"It's the power of best friendship, I know how you roll."

"Chloe, my powers might not last." 

"Ready for the mosh pit, shaka brah?" 

"Yes, we'd be tearing up the highway. And you'd probably want me to kiss you again..." 

"I always wanted my life to be special... an adventure... but not without you."

"Because we're back in action again!"

"With great power comes great bullshit."

"Max you are not crazy. You are not dreaming. It’s time to be an everyday hero."

"I wish I could stay in this moment forever. I guess I actually can now, but then it wouldn’t be a moment."

"If that tornado came right now, I would just sit here and watch for a while."

"You're right. We hella deserve this. Splish splash."

"Can we build another pirate fort and keep the world out?"

"When a door closes, a window opens... Or, something like that."

"Listen, whatever happens, I want you to be strong. Even if you feel like I wasn't there for you because I will never abandon you Chloe. I'll always have your back. Always."

HuniePop and HunieCam Studio. 

Real Life is also a good one, but there's a LOT of dialogue. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

I know you might of heard this. 

But if you take the time you can get Skyrim to look like it came out in 2050.

Get an ENB and use all the reccomend mods and get them in the right load order and all that. It can litterly take days if you do a few hours a day. Or sit there for like 10 hours and get it done in a day.

But it really is worth it. If you you do this  I can give you links to what you need to make it look the best and better than anything.

Personally I don't think GTA 5 looks that good.

And bf1 looks good at times but not the whole time you play need the right sun rays and stuff 

I do know some indie games that look very nice. I'll update this as I find the names 

If you want to argue with me, and you probably will please PM me, no need to ruin threads becase you dont like how I am.

Ask me how I made 100k selling illegal narcotics!

Spoiler

and you think im joking, Did a lot of wrong to get my money right.

I look up to Larry Hoover.

Your homies loyal 'til the one time you tell 'em no

I really do not like how Battlefield 1 looks at all for whatever reason.

Battlefront 2 looks fucking amazing, though. If we're counting console games, Forza 7 and Gran Turismo Sport both look really nice.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Well BF3 looks brilliant considering that it was released in freaking 2011. BF1 looks good, but I don't like the gameplay. A heavily modded skyrim can look brilliant. GTA V?

My stuff:

Spoiler

CPU :  Intel i5 8400 | GPU : MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB

RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3600MHz

Mouse : Logitech G502 HERO SE | Keyboard : Mountain Everest Max w/ Cherry MX Brown

Headset : Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro 250Ω w/ AT2020USB+

Monitor : Acer XF240H @  144Hz

Metro: Last Light Redux and Alien: Isolation look pretty good.

¦ Ryzen 5600 ¦ ROG Strix B550 ¦ Nvidia 1660Super ¦ 16GB 3600 ¦ EVGA 450w ¦ WD M.2 ¦

Metro, tomb raider, modded skyrim, maybe the witcher, crisis 3, ryse son of Rome, 

From not so obvious games - first Mirrors Edge, it was released in 2008, but lights and shadows are so awesome even  for nowadays

Most games using Frostbite 3 are drop dead gorgeous and they don't require a whole lot to run well. I recently went back to Need For Speed after ignoring it for a while and in a lot of conditions, it really blurs the line between CG and realism. And then there's Star Wars Battlefront, where Endor looks amazing. I haven't played BF1, but seeing videos of it, it certainly looks right up there with realism.

I'd argue the CoD developers have managed to hop over the uncanny valley since Advanced Warfare. At least when I've played around with the games.

Just Cause 3. Although it doesn't exactly run well on PC's the last time I ran it. Arkham Knight also looks good.

Mirror's Edge Catalyst, The Witcher 3, GTA V, Deus Ex Mankind Divided, pretty much any AAA game really... Ubishit always does pretty graphics...

Now I think the ultimate graphical quality game will be the yet to be released Final Fantasy XV PC Port in 2018

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

On 10/16/2017 at 5:38 PM, M.Yurizaki said:

I haven't played BF1, but seeing videos of it, it certainly looks right up there with realism.

Sure but it is kinda "pointless" if you allow me to say... I tried to play BF1 Single Player campaign and that thing rather annoyed me much more than fun me... I know that previous BF games, ever since it took over Medal of Honour franchise, have always been directed to multiplayer and single player was just a small bonus... but in BF1 that was worse as ever...

My first boot of the game I went to the missions you're the armor suit, you pretty much just went straight ahead shooting until it ends, like even worse than Call of Duty linear stories as you didn't even have a single dialogue... moving on I tried the Australian campaign... You start in a cool looking war ship... graphics indeed are very polished... so I thought okay let me explore this warship a little finally something got my attention... moved a little and MISSION FAILED YOU HAVE LEFT THE BATTLE... like wtf... I just alt+f4, uninstalled to never play again.

Moral of the story is... just like it happens every then and when, no point in the most beautiful graphics if the game itself is a pile of junk... should be noticed that I am aware the game purpose was for MP, but there are still people who buy these games like CoD, BF, Titanfall and all for their SP... disappointing to say the least.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

On 10/6/2017 at 11:26 PM, HZapperz said:

minecraft is a pretty graphically satisfying game :P

^ This

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter is still one of the few games that's made a real impression on me in the last few years. Some games look nice up close, ROTR springs to mind, but taken as a whole it feels artificial. Some games look good when you take in a nice vista. Witcher 3 is one of those, but up close the game can be ugly as hell.

Ethan Carter looks great up close and it looks natural. Senua's Sacrifice also falls into this category imo.

5950 - 3090 - 32gb - Aorus FV43U - Steam Deck - Fuji xPro 3 - Olympus OM1 n

Crysis 3 biggest eye candy game out there. 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

On 10/20/2017 at 11:05 AM, DarthNeo1964 said:

Can't believe no one has listed the CRYSIS games...

I did, even mentioned ryze-the newest crytek game to my knowledge.