Exhaust Fan Screw Holes Too Large

masterown35

Hello

So I just did my first build, and upon installing the fans, I noticed the screw holes for the exhaust are too large, both for the fan that came with the case(Corsair Carbide Spec-04 black/red), and the one fan I bought. I had planned on buying an additional fan eventually for a 2 push/1 pull configuration, but want to do a temporary fix for now. What would be the best way to do this? I was thinking some rubber washers and some nuts for the screws but I feel like that may end up rattling around and making too much noise. Does anybody have a good idea on what I could do?

1 minute ago, Quibiss said:

There are rubber fan mounts (Noctua ships their fans with them) which you could buy. Fucking fiddly to install if you got sausages for fingers like I do, but once you've proven patient enough and got them properly mounted, they fit and nothing rattles. 

I'm unsure if links are okay, but would the Set of 4 Rubber Vibration Dampening Fan Mounts from Amazon work? As long as they're the right size of course

@Quibiss awesome, thank you so much for your help! 

If anybody else has any suggestions also, I'm more than happy to hear them! Since I'm new to this I wouldn't mind any other tips/tricks for something like this

Which side has too big holes? Case or fan? And if its fan, are you sure you are using correct screws for just case and not ones for rads.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

16 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Which side has too big holes? Case or fan? And if its fan, are you sure you are using correct screws for just case and not ones for rads.

It's the case itself that has the holes too big. Almost like they were drilled for a rad but I don't see why anyone would put a rad on the exhaust side like that

1 hour ago, masterown35 said:

It's the case itself that has the holes too big. Almost like they were drilled for a rad but I don't see why anyone would put a rad on the exhaust side like that

On pics all holes look normal. If you have bigger, that's manufacturing error (and enough for RMA claim). Is the issue more with screw head going through hole or fan wiggling loose? Latter should be fixed with just tightening screws.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 10/6/2017 at 2:20 AM, LoGiCalDrm said:

On pics all holes look normal. If you have bigger, that's manufacturing error (and enough for RMA claim). Is the issue more with screw head going through hole or fan wiggling loose? Latter should be fixed with just tightening screws.

The issue is that screws on the fans are too small for the holes on the exhaust. However, I was able to get it resolved with just using the rubber mounts(which IMO are easier to use anyways). Not really worth an RMA IMO. Minor flaw.