My 1080ti can't pull 60fps in most games?

myspeakersaremuffled

I have a recent computer build (3 months) and it's filled with great components, 1080ti, i7-6800k, ect. I have had some problems in some games but it was most noticeable in rocket league today. It would so stuttery and with every setting maxed out was only at around 50fps? Wtf? This happens in other games too. I spent 800+ dollars and cant run a simple game? My drivers are all up to date everything is up to date.

Also this is on a 1080p monitor.

How can I stop this? Im about to upgrade monitors anyways and if it can't run rocket league at 60 fps then wtf? I can run PUBG but not rocket league?

Can you post your full specs and are you monitoring your systems performance (MSI afterburner etc)?

Just now, TheGlenlivet said:

Can you post your full specs and are you monitoring your systems performance (MSI afterburner etc)?

Great temps on everything

My specs are; EVGA 1080ti FTW 3

EVGA Supernova 850w Gold rated

Asrock x99 Taichi motherboard

16gb 3200mhz ddr4 ram

i7-6800k

Corsair Crystal 570x (Case)

I am on the latest windows 10, everything is normal, normal house electricity, ethernet high speed connection, razer mouse and keyboard, I don't know why I strugge to run games like GTA 5 sometimes. Like wtf I spent more than 2000 dollars on this computer

Full rig, Any overclocks you might have applied, any data from monitoring your games like cpu/gpu usages, temps, ETC?

3 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

which 1080ti? some cards have coolers that legitimately cannot keep up with the card, and throttle out of the box (ex. MSI Armor edition) 

Just now, Audherbagn said:

which 1080ti? some cards have coolers that legitimately cannot keep up with the card, and throttle out of the box (ex. MSI Armor edition) 

EVGA 1080ti FTW 3

I have not overclocked anything 

1 minute ago, myspeakersaremuffled said:

EVGA 1080ti FTW 3

I have not overclocked anything 

what case is it in? some itx cases restrict them a lot

Great temps on everything

My specs are; EVGA 1080ti FTW 3

EVGA Supernova 850w Gold rated

Asrock x99 Taichi motherboard

16gb 3200mhz ddr4 ram

i7-6800k

Corsair Crystal 570x (Case)

I am on the latest windows 10, everything is normal, normal house electricity, ethernet high speed connection, razer mouse and keyboard, I don't know why I strugge to run games like GTA 5 sometimes. Like wtf I spent more than 2000 dollars on this computer

Looks like a nice system.  If you install MSI afterburner or EVGAs version Precision XOC you can see the speed of you r CPU and GPU while the game is running.  That will provide some additional info.

Just now, Audherbagn said:

what case is it in?

Corsair 570x, awesome and expensive case with great airflow. It came with 3 fans in the front. I don't have an issue with temps on anything, fans never get to load and my GPU fans don't even turn on until I have been gaming for a long time

Looks like a nice system.  If you install MSI afterburner or EVGAs version Precision XOC you can see the speed of you r CPU and GPU while the game is running.  That will provide some additional info.

I would send it back to evga 

1 minute ago, TheGlenlivet said:

I have those programs already Ill go look at them and report back

14 minutes ago, myspeakersaremuffled said:

I have a recent computer build (3 months) and it's filled with great components, 1080ti, i7-6800k, ect. I have had some problems in some games but it was most noticeable in rocket league today. It would so stuttery and with every setting maxed out was only at around 50fps? Wtf? This happens in other games too. I spent 800+ dollars and cant run a simple game? My drivers are all up to date everything is up to date.

Also this is on a 1080p monitor.

How can I stop this? Im about to upgrade monitors anyways and if it can't run rocket league at 60 fps then wtf? I can run PUBG but not rocket league?

Do you ever get over 60 FPS in any game? 

1 minute ago, Thinkfreely said:

Do you have a higher then 60 hz monitor as well, just curious.

Nope regular ips 60hz 1080p montior.

Also the temps went down to 38c for gpu, 43c for the power temp, and 40c for the memory temp since I posted that photo

This is under load with the game running?  If so the GPU speed is low.  I have an SC2 that clocks 1850-1900 when loaded. 

It should turbo up to to where the red line is on the dial.

Just now, Morgan Everett said:

Do you ever get over 60 FPS in any game? 

Old games I guess? But I can't max setting run some games like Rust and Arkham Knight, and other new games at a stable 60fps, it dips quite regularly and it is annoying. I paid a lot for this top of the line card and I wanted to be able to play any game with no issues.

Also the temps went down to 38c for gpu, 43c for the power temp, and 40c for the memory temp since I posted that photo

OK. Is V-Sync disabled?

1 minute ago, TheGlenlivet said:

This is under load with the game running?  If so the GPU speed is low.  I have an SC2 that clocks 1850-1900 when loaded. 

It should turbo up to to where the red line is on the dial.

It goes up to 2ghz when gaming with no OC :)

Just now, Morgan Everett said:

OK. Is V-Sync disabled?

Just now, JohnMLTX said:

Are you sure you're not running vsync somewhere unexpected? 

I run VSync in all my games, infact even with vsync on in rocket league I still got screen tearing... 

Just now, myspeakersaremuffled said:

It goes up to 2ghz when gaming with no OC :)

AH, good.  OK then probably not a hardware issue.  Check vsync as suggested and remove and reinstall drivers next.

AH, good.  OK then probably not a hardware issue.  Check vsync as suggested and remove and reinstall drivers next.

I did that before I posted, im going to try rocket league again right now it better work :P

2 minutes ago, myspeakersaremuffled said:

I run VSync in all my games, infact even with vsync on in rocket league I still got screen tearing... 

So, that's locking you at 50/60 Hz and therefor 50/60 FPS in those games. 

My current fleet!
Zerua - Workstation - i7-6700k, 32gb DDR4, GTX1070 | Azalera - Surface Pro 4 - i7-6650U, 16gb | Sarea - FreeNAS Server - E5-2407 1.2TB RAIDZ2

Just now, myspeakersaremuffled said:

I am actually guessing it might be the i7 6800k. Weird as it sounds a lot of INTEL's cpus with more than 4 cores (Before Coffeelake) perform worse then their 4 core consumer counterparts.

Also if you only have a 60 hz panel, then I would upgrade that asap! You have a lot of firepower and right now its a moot point if you get over 60 FPS because you won't even be able to see any of those frames.

I would rather agree on what we share, than fight on what we don't. - Myself

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/