My 1080ti can't pull 60fps in most games?

myspeakersaremuffled
Just now, Thinkfreely said:

I am actually guessing it might be the i7 6800k. Weird as it sounds a lot of INTEL's cpus with more than 4 cores (Before Coffeelake) perform worse then their 4 core consumer counterparts.

Also if you only have a 60 hz panel, then I would upgrade that asap! You have a lot of firepower and right now its a moot point if you get over 60 FPS because you won't even be able to see any of those frames.

Haha I know, I am getting a new one for my birthday which is later this October. 

2 minutes ago, myspeakersaremuffled said:

Haha I know, I am getting a new one for my birthday which is later this October. 

Good. But yeah I have seen all kinds of performance issues with higher cores count CPU's with INTEL (again pre coffeelake) same way in that threadripper was advertised for productivity, but people use it for gaming and wonder why it doesn't perform, its because that wasn't it's primary purpose.

I would rather agree on what we share, than fight on what we don't. - Myself

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/

IIRC you can set you fps limit to be above 60 without it being unlimited. That should give you better frames without as much screen tearing

CPU: I5 4590 Motherboard: ASROCK H97 Pro4 Ram: XPG 16gb v2.0 4x4 kit  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 PSU: EVGA 550w Supernova G2 Storage: 128 gb Sandisk SSD + 525gb Mx300 SSD Cooling: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP Case: Zalman T2 Sound: Logitech Z506 5.1 Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma Keyboard: DBPower LED

9 hours ago, myspeakersaremuffled said:

I have a recent computer build (3 months) and it's filled with great components, 1080ti, i7-6800k, ect. I have had some problems in some games but it was most noticeable in rocket league today. It would so stuttery and with every setting maxed out was only at around 50fps? Wtf? This happens in other games too. I spent 800+ dollars and cant run a simple game? My drivers are all up to date everything is up to date.

Also this is on a 1080p monitor.

How can I stop this? Im about to upgrade monitors anyways and if it can't run rocket league at 60 fps then wtf? I can run PUBG but not rocket league?

That doesn't sound right. Try to do a clean reinstall of your windows. That's what I did when my 1080Ti had me some problems, turns out was a bad install of a driver haha but getting programs on was cake

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K | Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H | Graphics Card: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 Ti OCEdition | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3000MHz |Storage: 1 x Samsung 830 EVO Series 250GB | 1 x Samsung 960 PRO Series 512GB | 1 x Western Digital Blue 1TB | 1 x Western Digital Blue 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM750x 750W 80+ Gold Power Supply | Case: Cooler Master MasterCase 5 Pro |

Cooling: Corsair H100i v2 // 4x Corsair ML140 RED Fans // 2x Corsair ML120 RED Fans 
---

Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 1440p 165Hz IPS G-Sync | Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Red LED, Cherry MX Brown Switches | Mouse: Corsair Glaive RGB | Speakers: Logitech Z623 THX Certified Speakers

You shouldn't have problems running games like GTA V. Although, I have experienced bizarre fps (below 60 fps) on F.E.A.R. but that's due to logitech/HID compliant devices bug with that specific game. GTA V and modern AAA titles should not give you any such trouble. Try turning off Vsync and see if you can get it back to normal. Try running benchmarks and see if you are getting good scores. Reinstall drivers and check again.

19 hours ago, Thinkfreely said:

I am actually guessing it might be the i7 6800k. Weird as it sounds a lot of INTEL's cpus with more than 4 cores (Before Coffeelake) perform worse then their 4 core consumer counterparts.

That is a lot of bulls you're saying, the i7 6800k is perfectly capable to keep up with the 1080ti.

OP, Did you ever DDU in safe mode and reinstalled fresh new the nVidia drivers? I find amazing the thread got 2 pages long without any one mentioning it

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

4 hours ago, Princess Cadence said:

That is a lot of bulls you're saying, the i7 6800k is perfectly capable to keep up with the 1080ti

I was talking about just some of the technical issues people have ran into, not the performance. And thanks for the tempered response :P

I would rather agree on what we share, than fight on what we don't. - Myself

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/

It realy soind to me yoi dont get more than 60 fps. V-syns is typically limit to 30 or 60 fps.

Solution is to dissable v-sync or some games you can in settings ajust max fps.