Questions about my computer build

Before you read please follow this post so i can respond/ask questions

Hello i just want to know how can you connect you gaming monitor to your desktop? with my build there are no VGA ports. how can i connect a monitor. Another thing, Case fans with me i like when my computer parts are normal temp and not high so would would anyone recommend Noctua - NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM 78.7 CFM 140mm Fan or Noctua - NF-A14 industrialPPC-3000 PWM 158.5 CFM 140mm Fan. Btw i want to know what cables i use to install like 5-6 case fans. If anything do you guys have recommendations for my build regarding anything like possible bottlenecking?

Btw I'm buying the most expensive parts on black Friday. 

Just so you know i play games like league of legends, overwatch, minecraft, etc

this is my build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/HJZkpb

I most likely will ask more question but for now just read my post

nonononono not that case

even with fans you will have high temps

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

Also use a HDMI/Displayport to connect monitor, VGA is obsolete

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

uhh does the monitor have ports other than VGA( like HDMI?). Also, you don't need the most expensive parts to play Minecraft

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

9 minutes ago, StabHD said:

Hello i just want to know how can you connect you gaming monitor to your desktop?

Use DP/HDMI.

10 minutes ago, StabHD said:

Btw i want to know what cables i use to install like 5-6 case fans.

Use case fan splitters.

11 minutes ago, StabHD said:

If anything do you guys have recommendations for my build regarding anything like possible bottlenecking?

Nothing is going to be bottle-necked. If you want to play 144Hz, get another monitor the ASUS in your part-list is old. I would consider looking into the ViewSonic XG2401 (I own it and it is a really good monitor). It has FreeSync, in case you will ever switch to an AMD card in the future - but it's not really needed at 144Hz (I have an AMD card and always keep FreeSync turned off).

13 minutes ago, StabHD said:

Case fans with me i like when my computer parts are normal temp and not high so would would anyone recommend Noctua - NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM 78.7 CFM 140mm Fan or Noctua - NF-A14 industrialPPC-3000 PWM 158.5 CFM 140mm Fan.

One are pressure (NF-P14) and the other airflow (NF-A14). It depends on where you are going to use them. Small spaces that you need to push air in, no matter what, pressure, otherwise airflow.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

20 minutes ago, JDE said:

nonononono not that case

even with fans you will have high temps

Whats O_O that case is trash? i saw reviews on it saying that its good. what case do you recommend?

11 minutes ago, Shreyas1 said:

uhh does the monitor have ports other than VGA( like HDMI?). Also, you don't need the most expensive parts to play Minecraft

Oh i mostly play league and OW, i usually play mc when I'm board as hell with the other games. I'm still looking into games like pubg and h1z1.

13 minutes ago, StabHD said:

Oh i mostly play league and OW, i usually play mc when I'm board as hell with the other games. I'm still looking into games like pubg and h1z1.

what res? 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

5 minutes ago, Shreyas1 said:

what res? 

1920x1080

3 minutes ago, StabHD said:

1920x1080

You could be perfectly fine with an R5 1600 and GTX 1060.

Also the P400s isn't trash, don't know where JDE got that.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

With that build you could run at 1440p 144hz I'm doing so with a 1070 

36 minutes ago, Eibe said:

Nothing is going to be bottle-necked. If you want to play 144Hz, get another monitor the ASUS in your part-list is old. I would consider looking into the ViewSonic XG2401 (I own it and it is a really good monitor). It has FreeSync, in case you will ever switch to an AMD card in the future - but it's not really needed at 144Hz (I have an AMD card and always keep FreeSync turned off).

Would that monitor have conflicts with Nvidia graphics cards? if I'm not mistaken free sync is AMD right? I'm now more interested in that ViewSonic monitor that the asus one XD. Now would that there be a problem of i wanted to plus in a ps4 to it? .  

36 minutes ago, StabHD said:

Whats O_O that case is trash? i saw reviews on it saying that its good. what case do you recommend?

He didn't say that the case is trash, it just has (relatively) poor thermal performance due to the not-so-optimal front fan placement(At least, I think) and the inclusion of sound dampening, hence the "S" in P400S.

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

1 minute ago, StabHD said:

Would that monitor have conflicts with Nvidia graphics cards? if I'm not mistaken free sync is AMD right? I'm now more interested in that ViewSonic monitor that the asus one XD. Now would that there be a problem of i wanted to plus in a ps4 to it? .  

You can use an nvidia card with a freesync monitor, you can use an amd card with a g-sync monitor. You just won't be able to take advantage of those included features. No, as long as the ps4 and monitor have the video out/input ports you need, you can use them together.

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

Gaming PC:

6 minutes ago, thegreengamers said:

He didn't say that the case is trash, it just has poor thermal performance due to the not-so-optimal front fan placement(Atl least, I think) and the inclusion of sound dampening, hence the "S" in P400S.

Do you have any recommendation on cases and fans?

btw how can you tell if a graphics card runs out of memory? When it runs out of memory, do you have to replace it?

6 minutes ago, StabHD said:

Do you have any recommendation on cases and fans?

For cases, I would reccomend that you take a look at the In Win 101 and the Phanteks Eclipse P300, if tempered glass is your thing.

For fans, Corsair's offerings are pretty good for the price. Be careful with Coolermaster Sickleflow fans, as I've heard that bearing failure is very common.

Daily Driver:

Gaming PC:

1 minute ago, StabHD said:

btw how can you tell if a graphics card runs out of memory? When it runs out of memory, do you have to replace it?

Oh heck nonono! You can use a screen overlay from a program like EVGA Precision X to monitor your graphics card's memory usage. I would never really worry about going over your memory capacity, because your graphics card will just start using system memory instead. I'm still using a 750 Ti with 2GB of RAM, and it still plays all the games I could ever want!

Daily Driver:

Gaming PC:

15 minutes ago, thegreengamers said:

Oh heck nonono! You can use a screen overlay from a program like EVGA Precision X to monitor your graphics card's memory usage. I would never really worry about going over your memory capacity, because your graphics card will just start using system memory instead. I'm still using a 750 Ti with 2GB of RAM, and it still plays all the games I could ever want!

when you say system memory you mean ram right? Oh and is the risen stock cooler even good? Can liquid radiator cooling be trusted? oh and when the graphics care uses the system memory, there is no retrieving it right?

Im new with building PCs so i just need to learn from the experienced people lol

5 minutes ago, StabHD said:

when you say system memory you mean ram right? Oh and is the risen stock cooler even good? Can liquid radiator cooling be trusted? oh and when the graphics care uses the system memory, there is no retrieving it right?

Im new with building PCs so i just need to learn from the experienced people lol

Yes, I mean RAM as in the stuff your CPU uses.

The Ryzen stock cooler is quite good, I use it as my daily driver without any problems.

What do you mean by "retrieving"? If you're using the GTX 1070, with 8GB of VRAM, there's really no reason why it should be using system RAM, as 8GB is way more than a lot of games can even use. I'm not saying that it will hurt performance, but the Pcpartpicker list's hardware is very overkill (excessive) for the games you're playing.

Daily Driver:

Gaming PC:

1 hour ago, thegreengamers said:

Yes, I mean RAM as in the stuff your CPU uses.

The Ryzen stock cooler is quite good, I use it as my daily driver without any problems.

What do you mean by "retrieving"? If you're using the GTX 1070, with 8GB of VRAM, there's really no reason why it should be using system RAM, as 8GB is way more than a lot of games can even use. I'm not saying that it will hurt performance, but the Pcpartpicker list's hardware is very overkill (excessive) for the games you're playing.

What i meant by retrieve is: lets say you have a 22mb file, you delete that file and now you got back your 22mbs. thats what i meant.

is Fractal Design MESHIFY C a good case? 

7 hours ago, StabHD said:

What i meant by retrieve is: lets say you have a 22mb file, you delete that file and now you got back your 22mbs. thats what i meant.

That's not really how ram works. However, you can end a task in Windows task manager to free up ram.

7 hours ago, StabHD said:

is Fractal Design MESHIFY C a good case? 

Yes

Daily Driver:

Gaming PC:

9 hours ago, thegreengamers said:

That's not really how ram works. However, you can end a task in Windows task manager to free up ram.

Yes

Ah i think i see what you are saying. i wonder, lets say i have a case right, the front part of the case can fit 2 140mm or 3 120mm fans. the 140mm fans have 66.4 CFM and the 120mm fans have 52.2 CFM. What would be more effective on pushing out hot air, the 2 140mm or 3 120mm? and how would you know where to face the the fans? do you fans the front fans to blow inside or outside?

3 hours ago, StabHD said:

Ah i think i see what you are saying. i wonder, lets say i have a case right, the front part of the case can fit 2 140mm or 3 120mm fans. the 140mm fans have 66.4 CFM and the 120mm fans have 52.2 CFM. What would be more effective on pushing out hot air, the 2 140mm or 3 120mm? and how would you know where to face the the fans? do you fans the front fans to blow inside or outside?

140mm - 66.4 x 2 = 132.8

120mm - 52.2 x 3 = 156.6

3 120mm fans should work a bit better than 2 140mm fans, but you also have to take noise levels into consideration. What are the decibel (dB) ratings for the fans? People would consider anything over 30dB to be noisy, but that means it is running at full speed. I would get the 140mm fans if I were you.

Fan placement? 

Intake - Front and bottom

Exhaust - Top and rear

The sides of your case can be either intake or exaust, so you can experiment to see if there is any difference. Remember to keep positive air pressure because it helps keep dust out of your case. By "positive", I mean that you have more intake fans than exhausts. 

Daily Driver:

Gaming PC: