New build for $400

I am building a new PC for $400, I already have a gpu (a gtx 660 ti), a hard drive, and ddr3 memory.

I was thinking of getting a Ryzen 1600 but it doesn't support ddr3 (nothing really does) and I don't know what to get

could someone help me figure out any other good but cheap parts?

edit: I also have a pair of displays I will use

1 minute ago, 12dzgaming said:

I am building a new PC for $400, I already have a gpu (a gtx 660 ti), a hard drive, and ddr3 memory.

I was thinking of getting a Ryzen 1600 but it doesn't support ddr3 (nothing really does) and I don't know what to get

You'd need to buy used CPU and mobo to get anything for ddr3. Someone on the forum just got a 4790k and a z97 mobo for $150 for example, not suggesting you spend that much, just an example (look for combos)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

nothing supports ddr3 lol, any CPU under ryzen for AMD and any CPU under the 6th gen Intel use DDR3 

If you want to argue with me, and you probably will please PM me, no need to ruin threads becase you dont like how I am.

Ask me how I made 100k selling illegal narcotics!

Spoiler

and you think im joking, Did a lot of wrong to get my money right.

I look up to Larry Hoover.

Your homies loyal 'til the one time you tell 'em no

Either used, or something like this. Alternatively, Ryzen 1200 and an SSD

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor  ($195.89 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Asus - PRIME B350-PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($81.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill - Aegis 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($77.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: BitFenix - Neos Black ATX Mid Tower Case  ($36.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM (2015) 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($26.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $419.84
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-10-02 15:31 EDT-0400

:)

7 minutes ago, 12dzgaming said:

edit: I also have a pair of displays I will use

2600k from craigslist

z77/z68 from craigslist

DDR3 - wherever

1 hour ago, TVwazhere said:

You'd need to buy used CPU and mobo to get anything for ddr3. Someone on the forum just got a 4790k and a z97 mobo for $150 for example, not suggesting you spend that much, just an example (look for combos)

WTF 4790k and mobo for $150.Ii dont belive that all at, unless family or friend gave that, or the seller is rich, or dumb. considering a used 4790k is easily $280 and its still a CPU that competes with the new flagship CPUS. its by no means worth as little as 150

If you want to argue with me, and you probably will please PM me, no need to ruin threads becase you dont like how I am.

Ask me how I made 100k selling illegal narcotics!

Spoiler

and you think im joking, Did a lot of wrong to get my money right.

I look up to Larry Hoover.

Your homies loyal 'til the one time you tell 'em no