CPU is it worth to upgrade

Go to solution Solved by iRileyx,
1 minute ago, MrAkisGr said:

i think that the 8350 has more singe core power than my current cpu. And i show some gameplays with my 1060 and it seems that it handle the game

It is slightly better in single core but thats due to the clock speed of 3.3 vs 4.0ghz. You can probably OC the 6100 to match the 8350 if you've got a half decent cooler.

Hello everyone i have a fx 6100 and i realy cant play games withit , i try to play pubg and the fps drop is unbelievable.I am thinking to upgrade it to a fx 8350 cause i really dont have the money for an another option. Does it worth the 100$ or just wait.I have a gtx 1060 and the bottleneck is massive even at low settings i cant play , i have frame drops in games like h1z1,pubg,gta v is like 30-40 fps at ultra but this graphics card can do up to 60+ with a good processor. What do u suggest me guys to do ?

I think my specs are down of my name.

Upgrading to an 8350 won't be worth it. 

Wait until you can afford a Ryzen or Coffeelake upgrade.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Just now, RKRiley said:

Upgrading to an 8350 won't be worth it. 

Wait until you can afford a Ryzen or Coffeelake upgrade.

The only problem is that i need 400+ for a new motherboard,ram,cpu and the fx 8350 is a cheap option . But i really dont now what to do

2 minutes ago, MrAkisGr said:

The only problem is that i need 400+ for a new motherboard,ram,cpu and the fx 8350 is a cheap option . But i really dont now what to do

The games you listed won't utilize more than 4 cores, except PUBG which i think supports up to 6.

The IPC of your current chip and the 8350 are exactly the same, so upgrading won't give you any benefit when gaming and would be a waste of $100.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Just now, MrAkisGr said:

You will see little to no improvements if you upgrade to an 8350. Save a little to get into the AM4 platform so you can upgrade the CPU in 2020 if you need to.

1 minute ago, RKRiley said:

Most games won't utilize more than 4 cores, except PUBG which i think supports up to 6.

The IPC of your current chip and the 8350 are exactly the same, so upgrading won't give you any benefit when gaming and would be a waste of $100.

i think that the 8350 has more singe core power than my current cpu. And i show some gameplays with my 1060 and it seems that it handle the game

Just now, MrAkisGr said:

If you have looked into OC'ing I would. Only difference is frequency settings.

1 minute ago, MrAkisGr said:

It is slightly better in single core but thats due to the clock speed of 3.3 vs 4.0ghz. You can probably OC the 6100 to match the 8350 if you've got a half decent cooler.