Ram Noob - Asus ROG STRIX B350f

I'm using a Ryzen 5 1600 with Asus ROG STRIX B350 F motherboard,

This is my first pc build so I'm interested in overclocking the memory but I can't understand which ram sticks are compatible from the QVL list.

As far as I know only 2400,2666 and 3200 Mhz sticks are compatible and can be overclocked.

I need a 16gb(8x2) Corsair or G skill ram not sure about what frequency to get .

Please provide me with some guidance and exact model names, I'm fairly new to this, go easy on me .

21 minutes ago, NeelanCruzz said:

This is my first pc build so I'm interested in overclocking the memory but I can't understand which ram sticks are compatible from the QVL list.

As far as I know only 2400,2666 and 3200 Mhz sticks are compatible and can be overclocked.

I need a 16gb(8x2) Corsair or G skill ram not sure about what frequency to get .

Please provide me with some guidance and exact model names, I'm fairly new to this, go easy on me .

Here's your QVL and it looks messy as hell, in my opinion.

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-B350-F-GAMING/HelpDesk_QVL/ - Forth link down, ROG_STRIX_B350-F_GAMING_Memory_QVL

Basically, memory kits that are considered Ryzen Compatible are likely going to contain chips manufactured by Samsung. Most commonly recommended is Samsung B-Die. Purchasing a ram kit with Samsung B-Die is almost guaranteed to work, but is typically more expensive. Kits from other makers, such as Hynix will probably also work, but may require a bios update. You should be doing a bios update, regardless.. but that's another matter.

Some kits I'd recommend:

CMD16GX4M2B3000C15 - Corsair Dominator Platinum

F4-3000C14D-16GVK - G.Skill Ripjaws V

F4-3200C14D-16GVK - G.Skill Ripjaws V

F4-3200C14D-16GTZ - G.Skill Trident Z (has several color variants, but as long as it's C14, it should be Samsung B-Die)

http://www.overclock.net/t/1627555/ryzen-memory-ic-collection-thread - Contains a list of ram model numbers and their possible chip manufactures.

Keep in mind that it doesn't HAVE to be Samsung B-Die, as you'll find cheaper kits of ram containing other chips, and they may work, but may not run at their rated frequency. Keep an eye open for what others are using and keep asking questions. Personally, the kit I use (in signature) uses Hynix M-Die, but it happens to work nicely at it's rated speed, and also overclocked to 3200 at 1.4v with latest bios update.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  Board: Asus PRIME X570-P  Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2x8) DDR4-3000  Case: Fractal Design Define S

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070  SSD: HP EX950 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM

PSU: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Platinum 750W  Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4  Monitor: Viotek GFT27DB 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz

30 minutes ago, NeelanCruzz said:

If you have the money you want B-die, so 3200mhz CL14 kits from G.Skill, they make "Ryzen Optimized" kits a well, dunno if it does anything, bit more expensive than their Trident Z kits
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232530

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?