First Watercooled Build - Hyperbeast

Vexing

So a while back, while I was really high, I ordered the s340 Elite Hyperbeast case and have been using it to house my regular normal air cooled build. It had a 5930k and two 980s. I thought that a plain air cooled almost all black build was not doing the case any justice though. So I planned out this build/upgrade to what I currently had and upgraded to an EVGA 1080ti SC in the process. Overall I spent about 20 hours just adding the watercooling (and probably another 3 hours on getting the LEDs to fit and to get the cablemod cables to look half decent).

There are 1-2 wonky bends in the end, but these I can fix later (especially since I only used 1/4 of my liquid). I'm pretty happy with how it came out! The case itself has a pink and orange primary color palette on the side of the case with a teal tertiary color, so I tried to make a similar teal the primary on the inside.

Quick note; I haven't overclocked anything yet, so any components I list will be running at stock. I plan on doing it later, but I only have time to make this post right now. Anyway down to the nitty gritty:

CPU: i7-5930k.

GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC.

RAM: 32 GB of Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz DDR4 Memory.

MB: Asus ROG Strix x99 Gaming (mainly bought for the RGB support).

Power: Oh god I can't remember. I got it way before the rest of the PC...I think it's an EVGA 850 watt 80+ Gold power supply.

Storage: one 1tb 850 EVO SSD, two 2tb mechanical 7200rpm drives, one 512 GB M.2 drive that holds the OS.

Radiators: one 120mm XSPC radiator, and one 240 XSPC radiator.

Fans: 3 Be Quiet! BL046 Pure Wings 120mm fans.

Reservoir: XSPC X4 Photon 170 Reservoir/Pump Combo

Fittings: PrimoChill Rigid Revolver Compression Fitting - Anodized Orange

GPU Block: EK GeForce GTX FE Copper/Plexi Water Block - Acetal

CPU Block: EK-SUPREMACY EVO - Acetal

Liquid: PrimoChill True Infused, both Teal and UV Blue. Looks more green in person.

Extras: Got some pink and orange cablemod cables, as well as pink and orange thumbscrews for the back.

I think that's everything? Anyway, here it is! Please don't mind those one or two wonky bends, it's bugging the hell out of me, but honestly I don't want to change it until I have to do something else to the build.

Spoiler

GPUNoCooler.thumb.jpg.e6bc11653cf1b6a7932b179d700fb9b8.jpg

WaterBlockOn.thumb.jpg.e4a06e122c13431ce1806e51f19e655b.jpg

WaterBlocksOnInCase.jpg.6c5e2e7e498005381b44d825f7324b52.jpg

AllTheCrappyBends.jpg.4a833f766e662fa19cb57114131d479c.jpg

TestingForLeaks.jpg.ce531bdd47feec0b0b018bdfdbd483d5.jpg

SideNoLightOn.jpg.d15d91ed7734376cc471deafdb87736f.jpg

FullSetup.jpg.5678216265d631540996b0562364e14e.jpg

OtherSide.jpg.74b0f5c49f1c65f097122ad3df3e5de0.jpg

SideWithLightsOn.jpg.55c2a27e4adce89695d3bc9ae57a6175.jpg

Looks good, although I tend to prefer vertical reservoirs personally. Is there a reason you didn't do that? To me, the case looks a little too empty due to that. Like everything's being crammed into the bottom left above the PSU

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Looks very good. Only 2 suggestions I would make. 1, my OCD is screaming at the bends from the CPU to Radiator and how nonparallel it is with the GPU lines. 2nd, run a 2nd dedicated PCIe power plug to your GPU. There is actual performance loss with running a pig tail like you have. Other than that, great build. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

Looks good, although I tend to prefer vertical reservoirs personally. Is there a reason you didn't do that? To me, the case looks a little too empty due to that. Like everything's being crammed into the bottom left above the PSU

I didn't do it because of the pink/orange gradient cable hiding thingy. The reservoir would cover it if I put it vertical as the only way to mount it like that would be attached to the radiator. One of the reasons it looks a little empty is because I mounted the fans for the front rad outside of the case, because I was worried about how much room I had. When I inevitably get fed up with that bend I'll probably move the fans inside the case which will take up more room (and probably improve thermals a little).

yah the bend from the CPU block to the front rad... that needs fixing lol. nice build though

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, Vexing said:

I didn't do it because of the pink/orange gradient cable hiding thingy. The reservoir would cover it if I put it vertical as the only way to mount it like that would be attached to the radiator. One of the reasons it looks a little empty is because I mounted the fans for the front rad outside of the case, because I was worried about how much room I had. When I inevitably get fed up with that bend I'll probably move the fans inside the case which will take up more room (and probably improve thermals a little).

Ah gotcha. I haven't done a custom loop yet, although it's in my vision for my next build. Well done!

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

4 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

Looks very good. Only 2 suggestions I would make. 1, my OCD is screaming at the bends from the CPU to Radiator and how nonparallel it is with the GPU lines. 2nd, run a 2nd dedicated PCIe power plug to your GPU. There is actual performance loss with running a pig tail like you have. Other than that, great build. 

Yeah I saw that video and I actually tried to get that, but I think they didn't have a 6pin connector stand alone. I think that's the reason anyway. I remember being disappointed about that at the time. This card has 8pin+6pin power which is not very helpful when finding cables. If I'm just misremembering, then I'll probably pick those up like tomorrow.

That bend that isn't perfectly lined up on the CPU is the wonky one I'm going to eventually change, so I feel you there. It was the longest bend in the whole build, though, so after I got something to work after a few hours of bending I said "fuck it" and just stuck with it.

About the GPU: I was doing research and I read that I should have one side be intake and the other be output? If that's wrong then I'll change that too. Although I hate seeing one side of it go to waste.

3 minutes ago, raultherabbit said:

I love it.  Can't hit the heart button enough for this build.

Thanks! I was so nervous going into it, but it turned out mostly okay!

Interesting color scheme, I really dig it.  Not bad work on the bends for your first time.  Doing more than one plane bend is not an easy task.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

Just now, Ithanul said:

Interesting color scheme, I really dig it.  Not bad work on the bends for your first time.  Doing more than one plane bend is not an easy task.

That wonky one was the hardest by far. I spent over 3 hours just getting something that worked.

I'm probably going to re-do at least 2 of them next time I empty the system.

Thanks!

5 hours ago, Vexing said:

That wonky one was the hardest by far. I spent over 3 hours just getting something that worked.

I'm probably going to re-do at least 2 of them next time I empty the system.

Thanks!

The multi plane ones are tough.  I had to redo one of mine like three times before it came out right.  What made my tricky was the fact I wanted it to loop over another tube.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

Buying the case while stoned out of your gourd, but missing the opportunity to call the build 'Highperbeast'.

The fuck are we even paying you for?!

I deal in shitposts and shitpost accessories.

10 hours ago, Urishima said:

Buying the case while stoned out of your gourd, but missing the opportunity to call the build 'Highperbeast'.

The fuck are we even paying you for?!

oh no I fucked up!

good thing I can change the name!

21 hours ago, Defyant said:

I wish my first loop looked that sexy! 

Thanks! That means a lot.

I think the only reason it looks sexy is the colors though lol

some of those bends are less than stellar. Not to mention a bitch to empty.

Little update: My pump shat the bed after about 8-10 hours and I ordered a replacement. This is why I buy from amazon prime. amazing return policies.

Yeah only those 2 wonky bends are bothering. Wouldn't change it anytime soon either. Really a fan of the neon coloring of everything.

19 hours ago, sun2 said:

Yeah only those 2 wonky bends are bothering. Wouldn't change it anytime soon either. Really a fan of the neon coloring of everything.

Thanks!

The case kind of forced that weird neon color scheme. I just had to refill the loop after changing the pump and the color of the liquid is different now. It turned pale inside the loop before, and now it has a little more of a defined green/blue.

Also it runs like 10 degrees cooler. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, faulty pump aside.

So the pump died twice, and I just got it up and running for good. The probalem was that the XSPC X-2 pump-res combo was advertised as "comparable" to the D5 Vario in performance. This is false. It was very hard for me to pin down exactly what the flow rate was for each of the pumps, so I took the amazon page's word for it.

the X-2 is literally HALF the flow rate of the XSPC D5 Vario! HALF! That's not comparable at all!

It's running fine now though. Still mad about it.