CPU for Radeon 270x

Hey what would be a good CPU for an AMD Radeon 270x graphics card?

Thanks

I can smell you

i5 K SKUs

8320/50

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

A AMD Hex-core I guess

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

6300, if you can afford a 8320 then get a 280x, a 7870GHZ is usually cheaper, get that

Anything 750K/760K and up.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Well if you want it to be cheap

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113348

I think this would work well. An AMD Athlon 760K. From what I read, it's the AMD 6800k APU without the integrated graphics.

Other than that. If you can find a sandybridge i5 for really cheap. A 2500k. If not get a AMD 8320 or a Intel Core i5 5470.

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Well if you want it to be cheap

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113348

I think this would work well. An AMD Athlon 760K. From what I read, it's the AMD 6800k APU without the integrated graphics.

Other than that. If you can find a sandybridge i5 for really cheap. A 2500k. If not get a AMD 8320 or a Intel Core i5 5470.

Exactly what it is, I got one in yesterday, overclocks like a dream as well. IF YOU GET IT THOUGH, GET AN AFTERMARKET COOLER. The stock cooler is garbage.

Case: Thermaltake Versa H35 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700x (@4.0Ghz) Cooling: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 240 | MOBO: Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 16GB (2x8GB) 3333Mhz | GPU: MSI ARMOR 8GB OC GTX 1070 | Storage: SAMSUNG 970 EVO 250GB, 1TB Seagate 2.5" 5400RPM | PSU: Corsair CX750M

The AMD FX-8320 is a seriously an awesome CPU for the price.

Intel Core i7-8700K @ 4.8GHz | Corsair H110i GTX | EVGA RTX 2080 XC | Asus ROG Maximus XI | Intel M.2 nVME SSD 1TB | Samsung 850 EVO 2X2TB | 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 RAM | EVGA SuperNova GS 1050W | Kept cool & quiet in a Fractal Design Define R5 Window with all Noctua fans

Anything 2-4 cores and 3Ghz+.

we are past the days of dual cores. 4 cores or higher is a reasonable minimum

Thanks guys, you're all awesome

I can smell you

we are past the days of dual cores. 4 cores or higher is a reasonable minimum

Not really 2 core cpus are just fine. not everyone wants to spend 250$ on a quad core.

Not really 2 core cpus are just fine. not everyone wants to spend 250$ on a quad core.

ur naive if u think you need to spend that much money. a 750k from amd runs about $80 and is a really good chip especially for the money.and obv its a quad core.

u can get an 8 core 8320 for $150 as well 

ur naive if u think you need to spend that much money. a 750k from amd runs about $80 and is a really good chip especially for the money.and obv its a quad core.

u can get an 8 core 8320 for $150 as well 

AMD is going to abandon their high end CPUs soon so Intel will be the only option for great CPUs and they are expensive my 3570K was 200 or so when i bought it and the i7 was nearly 300.

Thanks guys, you're all awesome

What are you currently looking at getting ?

The sweet spot would be an overclocked FX 6300 with a decent CPU cooler, an FX 8320 is even that much better, anything over the FX 8320 and you start hitting the law of diminishing returns quite hard, especially once you get into the quad core Intel chips which are unnecessarily expensive.

An FX 6300 at stock will give you 2500K performance in BF4 multiplayer which is very CPU intensive, overclock it and you will surpass i5 4670K performance.

http--www.gamegpu.ru-images-stories-Test

http://gamegpu.ru/action-/-fps-/-tps/battlefield-4-test-gpu.html

AMD is going to abandon their high end CPUs soon so Intel will be the only option for great CPUs and they are expensive my 3570K was 200 or so when i bought it and the i7 was nearly 300.

yea they are but a 750k isnt their high end and performs quite well. even their APUS are better than i3's so u really should never get a dual core.