LTT forums vs other forums.

Eduard the weeb
Go to solution Solved by GoodBytes,

Simple really. The real GoodBytes is only available on LTT forum.

That is why people are here. It is obviously for no other reason.

I mean.. ahem:

No one's slick as GoodBytes
No one's quick as GoodBytes
No one's neck's as incredibly thick as GoodBytes'
For there's no man in town half as manly
Perfect, a pure paragon!
You can ask any Dizmo, Ithanul, or Eduard the weeb
And they'll tell you whose team they prefer to be on

No one's been like GoodBytes
A kingpin like GoodBytes
No one's got a swell cleft in his chin like GoodBytes
As a specimen, yes, I'm intimidating!
My, what a guy, that GoodBytes!

Give five, "Hurrahs!"
Give twelve, "Hip hips!"
GoodBytes is the best and the rest is all drips

No one fights like GoodBytes
Douses lights like GoodBytes
In a wrestling match nobody bytes like GoodBytes
For there's no one as burly and brawny
As you see I've got biceps to spare
Not a bit of him scraggly or scrawny
That's right!
And every last inch of me's covered with hair

No one hits like GoodBytes
Matches wits like GoodBytes
In a spitting match nobody spits like GoodBytes
I'm especially good at expectorating!
Ten points for GoodBytes!!!

Why do use the LTT forum compared to other forums like NCIX forum especially people how don't like LTT content anymore. 

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

I use it specifically because I personally really enjoy LTT and the other LMG channels and this has been a enjoyable place to hang out in when I am at school, need, halp, or is really bored.

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

I find it's one of the fastest paced forums around. Most threads get a reply within a few minutes. 

I mainly just stick around for the forums now, I haven't watched an LTT video for quite a while. Then again, I barely watch any videos from tech channels as most of them are putting comedy/entertainment above information. I just have an RSS feed of tech news as well as the news subforum here on the forum to keep up to date. 

2 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

I second this, this forum is nice, the regulars are most cool people to interact with and it is an awesome way to kill time at work.

I, however, also rarely ever watches any of LMG videos as for the past several months... In fact now that I learned that subscribing to Floatplane is not really helping supporting the forum (which was the only reason I got it as the videos are meh) I am cancelling the subscription to be honest.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

My experience with TomsHardware (been there for a year till I got banned)

• Slow, defo slower than LTT when asking simple questions
  • Awful design, way too much ads and extremely hard navigating around
  • Text editor relies a lot on bbcodes, and not user friendly like LTT
  • Too strict
  • Only answers questions related to PC tech. Stuff like audio usually gets ignored.

Quite honestly, the channel fell the way of most other channels in providing two minutes worth of information in an overextended 10-15 minute video chock-filled with advertisements.

Hell, even the forums are annoying me. I've seen a lot more in thinly veiled "news" stories that wouldn't feel out of place within any major news network rather than fleshed out, honest stories or honest observations about something. Not to mention there's a number of people with a hell of a superiority complex, and it comes in the form of faux intellectualism.

But really, I don't mind the forums too much. Good threads still impress me and I'm happy when we stick to constructive criticism rather than flinging shit for little reason.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

It's a pretty good way to get tech news, even if you have to sift through the posters own bias. You also get other people's views on the same topic, and there's a healthy amount if differing views. I haven't watched much LTT content lately, I find the videos are getting worse and worse. 

The forum gets quick replies to threads. The mods are generally pretty good. Most of all I like the layout. Places like Hardforum just doesn't feel as polished, though they have a much better classifieds section and an older member base. Sometimes I feel like I've strayed into a Chucky Cheese here. 

10 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

I, however, also rarely ever watches any of LMG videos as for the past several months... In fact now that I learned that subscribing to Floatplane is not really helping supporting the forum (which was the only reason I got it as the videos are meh) I am cancelling the subscription to be honest.

Yea, I feel the same way. I just couldn't pull the trigger and sign up for FPC. I wish they'd go back to more information and less fluff, but there's always Jayz2cents, Mobile tech review, etc. 

That, or do straight Scrapyard Wars :P

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

19 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

In fact now that I learned that subscribing to Floatplane is not really helping supporting the forum (which was the only reason I got it as the videos are meh) I am cancelling the subscription to be honest.

I believe it is becoming like a gold,silver, or bronze member that helps the forum and it comes with floatplane also with it if I am correct. 

5 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Scrapyard Wars

Never got into this, from what I could gather Linus usually cheats on it any ways besides nobody does actual realistic budget cheap hardware content like RandomGaminginHD does.

For benchmarks and general content I prefer Hardware Unboxed lately, Jay is a no go for sure to me, I can not stand him and his constant QQ about not getting enough free review samples, like that time he got 2 free TITAN X Pascal but then nVidia released the nVidia TITAN Xp and he wanted 2 of those as well but nVidia only agreed sending 2 GTX 1080ti he must have made like 3 or 4 videos straight complaining and crying about it... annoyed the hell out of me.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

2 minutes ago, Eduard the weeb said:

Yes you are correct but I honest think that even the Bronze contribution is over-priced, I rather put those 5 dollars on this russian pony art artist I support in Patreon, at least I get to see cool digital art.

Personal Desktop":

Just now, Princess Cadence said:

Yes you are correct but I honest think that even the Bronze contribution is over-priced, I rather put those 5 dollars on this russian pony art artist I support in Patreon.

ok thats cool.

Broader tech interests, not just pc parts. Around the clock/world activity, many other fora are extremely US-centered. Some of the most level-headed moderators I have ever encountered on any site ever. With very few exceptions also some of the nicest users (there will of course always be a few clowns who think they're all that and a bag of chips, but we seem to have fewer of them in here at least). I absolutely love the lack of delete-options. I've had tons of good laughs since joining this forum. And I do still enjoy the videos for the most part, I don't watch all of them because some content just doesn't interest me (surprise) and certain hosts I legit have trouble hearing/understanding, but it'll take a bit more than a silly thumbnail that'll go away on play to make me hate the vids.

Anyone who tells you that you can't do something is unimaginative and probably a coward.

Have to agree with the fast pace on the majority of forum.  I really never watch any of LTT videos, I rather read info.  It actually the second forum I come to, the first being OCN (I usually hide out in the folding/boinc area over there).  I use to go to a third forum as well, but after the mods and site creator wiped out certain threads because of making a rule stricter, but leaving other threads that still broke that rule.  I left that forum.

15 minutes ago, NinJake said:

I came and stayed for the night theme

The night theme is nice.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

56 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

Never got into this, from what I could gather Linus usually cheats on it any ways besides nobody does actual realistic budget cheap hardware content like RandomGaminginHD does.

For benchmarks and general content I prefer Hardware Unboxed lately, Jay is a no go for sure to me, I can not stand him and his constant QQ about not getting enough free review samples, like that time he got 2 free TITAN X Pascal but then nVidia released the nVidia TITAN Xp and he wanted 2 of those as well but nVidia only agreed sending 2 GTX 1080ti he must have made like 3 or 4 videos straight complaining and crying about it... annoyed the hell out of me.

Haha, yeah. He doesn't usually cheat tooo badly though, it was just an example of the one (I can't think of another) piece of purely entertainment based content they put out.

I've never watched any of their videos but I'll check them out!

For that video, he wasn't complaining about them for himself, that was for his ultimate build that was going to Terry Crews. He wanted the best of the best, and Nvidia kept saying the Titan XP wasn't meant for gaming even though they mention it in their press releases. It was more of his stand against their branding of the product.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Simple really. The real GoodBytes is only available on LTT forum.

That is why people are here. It is obviously for no other reason.

I mean.. ahem:

No one's slick as GoodBytes
No one's quick as GoodBytes
No one's neck's as incredibly thick as GoodBytes'
For there's no man in town half as manly
Perfect, a pure paragon!
You can ask any Dizmo, Ithanul, or Eduard the weeb
And they'll tell you whose team they prefer to be on

No one's been like GoodBytes
A kingpin like GoodBytes
No one's got a swell cleft in his chin like GoodBytes
As a specimen, yes, I'm intimidating!
My, what a guy, that GoodBytes!

Give five, "Hurrahs!"
Give twelve, "Hip hips!"
GoodBytes is the best and the rest is all drips

No one fights like GoodBytes
Douses lights like GoodBytes
In a wrestling match nobody bytes like GoodBytes
For there's no one as burly and brawny
As you see I've got biceps to spare
Not a bit of him scraggly or scrawny
That's right!
And every last inch of me's covered with hair

No one hits like GoodBytes
Matches wits like GoodBytes
In a spitting match nobody spits like GoodBytes
I'm especially good at expectorating!
Ten points for GoodBytes!!!

that answer gave me alot of shits and giggles so yeah

Had void for something to spend time on (quit comp gaming). I like to help people, so I've stayed here. And knowing that I can get decent answers to almost any question helps. (= I still have issues with AHK)

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv