Logitech Z333 buzzing sound

ringo

When my pc is OFF I can heard the buzzing sound form my subwoofer 2 meters away. I didn`t noticed this before because it was summer and my window was always opened. Tonight was too cold I and closed the window and noticebly buzz can be heard from subwoofer. Is there a way to fix this?

20 minutes ago, ringo said:

When my pc is OFF I can heard the buzzing sound form my subwoofer 2 meters away. I didn`t noticed this before because it was summer and my window was always opened. Tonight was too cold I and closed the window and noticebly buzz can be heard from subwoofer. Is there a way to fix this?

Turn off all sources or components, it's probably just coil whine.

But hey, it's called "Z (zzz)" for a reason :)

Pull the audio connection from the subwoofer and see, whether the buzzing sound remains. If not, the audio cables are picking it up - if the buzz remains, something inside the Z333 is generating it.

If the buzz comes from the cables, you could try shorter or better shielded ones.

Also the buzz can come from your soundcard, so you could use a HDMI to Audio Breakout Box like this: https://www.amazon.com/Optical-TOSLINK-Extractor-Converter-Splitter/dp/B00FDUH6D6 and use the audio driver of your graphics card as digital playback device.

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X | MoBo MSI B550 Gaming Plus | RAM 32GB Teamgroup @3600/18 | GPU EVGA RTX 3070 Ti FTW | Case Enthoo Pro M SE
PSU bq! Straight Power 11 Plat. 750W CM | Cooling Scythe Fuma 2 & 5x Corsair ML140 | Sound SB Z Retail | Storage Samsung 970 EVO 500GB
Display(s) Iiyama GB3461WQSU, Dell 24", LG 34UM95 | Keyboard Kinesis Freestyle Edge | Mouse Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum | OS Windows 11

Buzz is definitly coming from sub.

I will try tommorow move audio cable from power cables, maybe that helps. I would turn off speaker when I turn off my pc but problem is that I like to watch movie or listen music before I go to sleep in my bed so I set my PC with program that automaticly turn off after some time. In that case speakers will stay on.

I heard those things about buzzing problems with whole Logitech Z series but I ignore it and between Hercules 2.1 Bassboost speaker I choose these Logitech Z333>:(

Today I wake up and I hear buzzing from sub. I tryed moving cable (audio, power) and nothing changes, buzz is still there. I turned off speakers on control pod but still same situation. When I turn on my pc buzzing stops.

Does all "low" budget range 2.1 speakers have this problem? Is this normal? Should I RMA it? I am afraid that logitech will simply tell that this is normal....

Maybe you have a ground loop problem. Check that all of you power connections from the connected devices are all connected to one wall socket and not to several.

And this can also be that this comes from your PC, this because of the bad DAC in your PC. When you want to be 100% sure, borrow or buy a dedicated DAC I have a SMSL AD-18. This Thing is the shit!

Your Computer can generate the noise, this because of the badly shielded components.

16 hours ago, Buurvrouw said:

Maybe you have a ground loop problem. Check that all of you power connections from the connected devices are all connected to one wall socket and not to several.

And this can also be that this comes from your PC, this because of the bad DAC in your PC. When you want to be 100% sure, borrow or buy a dedicated DAC I have a SMSL AD-18. This Thing is the shit!

Your Computer can generate the noise, this because of the badly shielded components.

More testing: 

I turned off PC, buzzing starts from sub after some 20 minutes.

All my power cables are connected on one APC surgearrest.

If I unplug power cable (connected to subwoofer) from APC buzzing stops.

If I unplug cable from PSU from APC no effect buzzing continuous.

I don`t think that DAC is the problem. I that this Logitech Z series of speakers have this kind of problem.

If I send it to RMA in store where I bought them do you think that they would accept this as a problem for RMA or they would just say that this is normal behaviour?

28 minutes ago, ringo said:

More testing: 

I turned off PC, buzzing starts from sub after some 20 minutes.

All my power cables are connected on one APC surgearrest.

If I unplug power cable (connected to subwoofer) from APC buzzing stops.

If I unplug cable from PSU from APC no effect buzzing continuous.

I don`t think that DAC is the problem. I that this Logitech Z series of speakers have this kind of problem.

If I send it to RMA in store where I bought them do you think that they would accept this as a problem for RMA or they would just say that this is normal behaviour?

Maybe you should connect it to your normal power socket. Only thing is that you can try to RMA it. What you can say is something like. this has a disturbance in the sound from my subwoofer regarding a loud buzzing noise that I can't bear when there is a need for silence. Also try to say that you have already tried everything, you can also make a list if you want to. Because this is what they always like to do, Sir, did you tried that, did you tried this. Don't let them get the overhand. ;)

Hope it helps

1 minute ago, Buurvrouw said:

Maybe you should connect it to your normal power socket. Try to disconnect your AUX cable that is connected to your PC and then let the power on. Via your APC and a the normal socket. Check out the Status then and maybe connect it with your phone and check if it still buzzes.

Only thing is that you can try to RMA it. What you can say is something like. this has a disturbance in the sound from my subwoofer regarding a loud buzzing noise that I can't bear when there is a need for silence. Also try to say that you have already tried everything, you can also make a list if you want to. Because this is what they always like to do, Sir, did you tried that, did you tried this. Don't let them get the overhand. ;)

Hope it helps