Upscale linux screen

How do I upscale/zoom my screen on elementary OS? I've tried "gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.interface scaling-factor 2" but it was too much. 1.5 would be on point like on windows but "xrandr --output DFP2 --scale 1.5x1.5" didn't work.

I tried it once and my conclusion was scaling on Linux made Windows' look fantastic

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

18 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I tried it once and my conclusion was scaling on Linux made Windows' look fantastic

The text and UI on my 13.3 inches laptop at 1080 is so tiny. On windows I use the recommend 1.5 stock scaling. 

Just now, IgorM said:

The text and UI on my 13.3 inches laptop at 1080 is so tiny. On windows I use the recommend 1.5 stock scaling. 

That's the issue.  It was a while ago but I remember there being a few different ways to do scaling and the best one was the one you tried that only accepts integer values (2, etc.) for some inexplicable reason, so obviously that won't work if you feel it's too big.  The others, while they allow intermediate sizes, are rather janky.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

6 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

That's the issue.  It was a while ago but I remember there being a few different ways to do scaling and the best one was the one you tried that only accepts integer values (2, etc.) for some inexplicable reason, so obviously that won't work if you feel it's too big.  The others, while they allow intermediate sizes, are rather janky.

Running the screen @720 isn't a good idea either.  Increasing the text size to larger is an OK solution. 

I had this discussion a few months ago.

For > 1080p the only desktop that is usable is unity.

There should be some changes to Gnome but I have not been following them.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Is your xrandr output proper? just type xrandr and double check that it's DFP2, since that's what your command is pointing to. I attached a screenshot for what my setup is.

Screen Shot 2017-09-21 at 2.08.23 PM.png