Should I change to ryzen?

Mattco

I am someone who likes stream but i feel like the upsides ryzen give for stream would be better for my computer. I currently have an i5 6600k, z170 board, rx 470, 16 gb ddr4 2133. I feel like a ryzen 5 1600 would be better for streaming with twitch and obs.

Thanks for helping me, Mattco

do you have any sort of.. lets say "potential financial benefit" by upgrading to ryzen for streaming?

if not, i'd suggest to stick to your essentially still current gen i5 for now.

Ryzen will definitely give better performance, but the increase may not be worth having to purchase the 1600 and also purchasing a new motherboard. unless you would be gaining enough financial compensation from the increase in performance, I wouldn't think the upgrade to be worth it.

If I had to choose between my computer and girlfriend, well lets just say you can play more games when single.:)

3 minutes ago, Zase said:

Ryzen will definitely give better performance, but the increase may not be worth having to purchase the 1600 and also purchasing a new motherboard. unless you would be gaining enough financial compensation from the increase in performance, I wouldn't think the upgrade to be worth it.

I was thinking of selling my 6600k and mobo, which i got with a bent usb 3 pin header, and using the extra money i have to buy the 1600 and a b350 board.

On another note could i send the mobo back the Manufacturer at get it fixed, i have the board since the beginning of the year, but decided to not check if i could send it back.

I say do it if you can sell your MB and CPU for the price of the 1600 and MB, keeping the rest of the components the same.

1 minute ago, Mattco said:

and using the extra money

So unless it's a trade I woudn't do it

My life

Just now, cpuwaiy said:

I say do it if you can sell your MB and CPU for the price of the 1600 and MB, keeping the rest of the components the same.

Thats what I was going to do. no reason to upgrade those.

Just now, cpuwaiy said:

It actullay won't be too big of a difference in game is hes DDR4 2133.To really reap the benefit's of Ryzen you would need to drop another 80 on RAM

My life

Just now, Mattco said:

I was thinking of selling my 6600k and mobo, which i got with a bent usb 3 pin header, and using the extra money i have to buy the 1600 and a b350 board.

On another note could i send the mobo back the Manufacturer at get it fixed, i have the board since the beginning of the year, but decided to not check if i could send it back.

You should be able to send it in if your motherboards warranty extends to a full year I would make sure and check the box's literature if you still have it. If you can manage to sell your components at least for around the same costs of the 1600 and mobo it would then be worth it to upgrade but its just the time to find someone to buy it.

If I had to choose between my computer and girlfriend, well lets just say you can play more games when single.:)

1 minute ago, Himommies said:

It actullay won't be too big of a difference in game is hes DDR4 2133.To really reap the benefit's of Ryzen you would need to drop another 80 on RAM

True, but at least he would have a more future proofed MB.

Just now, cpuwaiy said:

True, but at least he would have a more future proofed MB.

like honestly if there really ins't a point in upgrading right now who cares about future proofing.Just buy it in the future

My life

2 minutes ago, Himommies said:

like honestly if there really ins't a point in upgrading right now who cares about future proofing.Just buy it in the future

I also dont really belive in "future proofing", i doesnt seem like a viable thing to do. Pc's can change a lot in 1 or 2 years.

1 minute ago, Mattco said:

I also dont really belive in "future proofing", i doesnt seem like a viable thing to do. Pc's can change a lot in 1 or 2 years.

exactly my point

My life

7 minutes ago, Mattco said:

Then be happy where you are, no one is forcing you