Half of Apple's iPhone 5c sales are to Android switchers?

snowComet

Although the iPhone 5c may not be the budget iPhone as some wanted, it seems it had attract some users switching from Android.

A report from Kantar Worldpanel ComTech shown that the iPhone 5c may have attracted lots of Android switchers.

"Almost half" of those buying Apple's polycarbonate handset were switching from Android-based competitors, especially Korean giants Samsung and LG. By comparison, 80 percent of purchases of the high-end iPhone 5s went to customers upgrading from previous iterations of the iPhone.

http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/12/02/half-of-apples-iphone-5c-sales-are-to-android-switchers---report

im not surprised people choose a high end phone like an iphone when they ditch crappy android devices, they're really fricken crappy

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

im not surprised people choose a high end phone like an iphone when they ditch crappy android devices, they're really fricken crappy

...That's one of the most ignorant things I've ever read on this forum. 

Even though I myself use an iPhone, I would not say Android is crappy. iOS is easier to use, IMO, but Android can be adapted better to your personal needs.

Although the iPhone 5c may not be the budget iPhone as some wanted, it seems it had attract some users switching from Android.

A report from Kantar Worldpanel ComTech shown that the iPhone 5c may have attracted lots of Android switchers.

I don't understand this. Iphone 5C is still sooo expensive. If you buy a iPhone 5c you should invest 100$ more and get the 5S. 

The 5S has the newer, more powerfull A7 instead of A6. The Camera offers more options and you have the motion co-processor.

5C costs $99 for the 16GB model (and $199 for the 32GB model). By contrast, the iPhone 5S costs $199 for a 16GB model, $299 for a 32GB model, and $399 for a 64GB model. Both have to be purchased with a two year contract for this price.

Edit: This looks like I am trying to sell the iPhone, I am not. My point is that I don't see a reason why anyone would buy a 5c except for the colors. Maybe someone can explain? :)

I7-4770k - ASUS Maximus VI Formula - 16GB ADATA 2133MHz - EVGA 780 SC - 512GB Intel SSD - 2TB WD Black - Thermaltake DPS 750W

...this is kind of a stupid statistic.

Windas fone and lackberry aren't really any competition. We're at a point that most people that are currently buying smartphones have already had a smartphone.

There's really only two choices and not every Apple fan goes out and buys the 5c, so where must the other buyers come from?

It's like saying 50% of all people that buy Apple computers are previous Windows users.

Android is more than 50% of the market share, a 50% purchase rate implies that the 5c still does not meet standardized and neutral preference and people that already own Apple products are much more biased towards buying a 5c. Who would have thought.

Error: 410

What they don't tell you is the other half of the 5c users are Children younger than 10

I swear I've seen 6 kids with 5c

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Have you tried to use an adroid device with a 480x320 screen, a 600mhz single core, 256(might be 512)mb of ram and 200mb of program storage? 

I have one for my USA phone and it's a piece of garbage.  I'm not surprised people with these phones get a high end phone like an iphone when they upgrade.  Especially with the contract promotions going on right now.

Btw I have a GS3 and love it to death.

...That's one of the most ignorant things I've ever read on this forum. 

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

These statistics are badly interpreted and not properly referenced or qualified. They talk about monthly shift but If you read the actual statistics presented IOS has had negative growth in all countries except Australia and Spain and android has had positive growth in every country except Australia.   Add to that that windows phone has had positive growth in every country except china. 

It becomes quickly evident that the only factual statistic presented here is that apple have released a cheaper phone and lost market share.   Having said that, the more important figures to watch will be next years figures, this year has been hap hazard and the 5c needs more time to be appreciated by the market and longer for accurate reflection in the sales statistics. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

And "Half of car sales comes from cyclists"... seems about right :P

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile