1500 AMD Ryzen PRO will heat homes and offices

Girtablulu

Qarnot’s mission: leveraging the heat generated by processors to heat homes and offices for free

As an innovative decentralized cloud services provider, the quality of our processors is paramount to offer maximum performance to our clients. Qarnot’s cloud is based on a disruptive infrastructure: the Q.rad a heater embedding three CPUs as a heat source. We reuse the heat they generate to heat homes and offices for free. Q.rad is connected to the Internet and receives in real time workloads from our in-house computing platform.

https://blog.qarnot.com/1500-amd-ryzen-pro-will-heat-homes-and-offices-next-year-in-bordeaux-france/

Does anyone else already see the AMD heat memes?

This would be the 3rd or 4th repost of this news.

a repost,

but a guy did this years ago

i cant find a link to the article though

i like trains 🙂

new AMD ryzen CPUs have better performance per watt than intel, however threadripper or epyc especially overclock needs a lot better cooling and has much higher TDPs.

Still if you have a cluster of ryzens and GPUs, you could use it, just make sure to get the piping right so that heat actually travels away. Linus once tried to do centralised water cooling for his office, it didnt work out.

6 minutes ago, System Error Message said:

Linus once tried to do centralised water cooling for his office, it didnt work out.

yeah, "whole room water cooling" .... it failed in the end but it produced some very entertaining videos :D

now that winter is coming, how about a "whole room water heating" followup video. 

instead of pulling heat away from individual computers into one big radiator, take one big computer and spread the heat over multiple radiators 

Just now, KenjiUmino said:

yeah, "whole room water cooling" .... it failed in the end but it produced some very entertaining videos :D

now that winter is coming, how about a "whole room water heating" followup video. 

instead of pulling heat away from individual computers into one big radiator, take one big computer and spread the heat over multiple radiators 

get yourself a 2x32 core epyc Server with some radeon instincts, that should be 1 big computer to heat up rooms assuming you have the server in a centralised location.

16 minutes ago, System Error Message said:

new AMD ryzen CPUs have better performance per watt than intel, however threadripper or epyc especially overclock needs a lot better cooling and has much higher TDPs.

Still if you have a cluster of ryzens and GPUs, you could use it, just make sure to get the piping right so that heat actually travels away. Linus once tried to do centralised water cooling for his office, it didnt work out.

There are many data centers that use whole data system water cooling that pumps the water to an outside exchange unit to recirculate back inside to the systems. Heck Asetek makes a whole cabinet cooling system that has quick disconnects at the back of each rack so you can quickly pull each one out individually.  Linus just did the DIY version of it and we all see how well that went.

1 minute ago, System Error Message said:

get yourself a 2x32 core epyc Server with some radeon instincts, that should be 1 big computer to heat up rooms assuming you have the server in a centralised location.

meh, i would need to buy that server first. radiators and piping would also need to be purchased ... and if i had that kind of money i could as well heat my home burning it. 

i'm waiting for someone who already has a big ass server to do this. 

Just now, KenjiUmino said:

meh, i would need to buy that server first. radiators and piping would also need to be purchased ... and if i had that kind of money i could as well heat my home burning it. 

i'm waiting for someone who already has a big ass server to do this. 

i would if i had my own building and was in a cold country, but i have a neither of those things yet have a small cluster.

Yeah repost. Though FX 9xxx

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |