Build FPS Problems

Here is my new build.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/H6NnzM

CPU at 4ghz 

GPU overclocked 100mhz on Core and 250mhz on memory.

On Black Ops 3 with every setting at low and no ambient occlusion and no anti aliasing at 1080p I get about 95 fps.

Ok, there is a ton of screen tearing, I turn on VSync and I am getting 60fps however it almost never stays there, whenever there is an intense moment it will drop to about 34 for about 5 seconds. This never happens with the fps unlocked.

If it helps my CPU and GPU usage are only about 75%. Also, Black Ops 3 is the only game it does this one. I have tried Star Wars Battlefront, Portal 1 and 2, Rocket League, and No Mans Sky.

How can I fix this, I have already reinstalled the game but should I reinstall drivers?

11 minutes ago, Judd said:

Here is my new build.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/H6NnzM

CPU at 4ghz 

GPU overclocked 100mhz on Core and 250mhz on memory.

On Black Ops 3 with every setting at low and no ambient occlusion and no anti aliasing at 1080p I get about 95 fps.

Ok, there is a ton of screen tearing, I turn on VSync and I am getting 60fps however it almost never stays there, whenever there is an intense moment it will drop to about 34 for about 5 seconds. This never happens with the fps unlocked.

If it helps my CPU and GPU usage are only about 75%. Also, Black Ops 3 is the only game it does this one. I have tried Star Wars Battlefront, Portal 1 and 2, Rocket League, and No Mans Sky.

How can I fix this, I have already reinstalled the game but should I reinstall drivers?

Reinstall drivers and If not Try a lower res. 

CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K | Ram: 16GB Corsair LPX 3000 DDR4 | Asus Maximus XI Hero Z390 | GPU: EVGA RTX2080 XC | 960 EVO Samsung 500GB M.2 | 850 EVO Samsung 250GB M.2 | Samsung 1TB QVO SSD | 1TB HDD WD Blue 

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 2 in 1 9370 | I7 1065G7 | 32GB DDR4 | 1TB SSD |

Why do I need to have a lower red if I already get 95fps in games anyway? Does VSync require  that much more processing power?

Also, could the problem be I'm using a TV? It's a Samsung smart tv I'm using now.

4 minutes ago, Judd said:

Also, could the problem be I'm using a TV? It's a Samsung smart tv I'm using now.

This all day long. Tv's don't support over 60 FPS (they advertise but its artificial except for 1-2 models). That tv probably doesn't support V-sync.

I would rather agree on what we share, than fight on what we don't. - Myself

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/

I know it supports 60fps I have recorded it and in 1 second the picture changes exactly 60 times.

1 minute ago, Thinkfreely said:
6 minutes ago, Judd said:

This all day long. Tv's don't support over 60 FPS (they advertise but its artificial except for 1-2 models). That tv probably doesn't support V-sync.

And VSync as far as I'm aware is not a tv software but it is controlled by the GPU and does not depend on the tv

Just now, Judd said:

I know it supports 60fps I have recorded it and in 1 second the picture changes exactly 60 times.

I understand, you said you can game at 95fps, I was just saying you will only ever  see 60 fps no matter what.

1 minute ago, Judd said:

And VSync as far as I'm aware is not a tv software but it is controlled by the GPU and does not depend on the tv

Yes, but I am saying the TV most likely doesn't support it.

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/

Just now, Thinkfreely said:
2 minutes ago, Judd said:

I understand, you said you can game at 95fps, I was just saying you will only ever  see 60 fps no matter what.

I agree with this. 

Just now, Thinkfreely said:
2 minutes ago, Judd said:

Yes, but I am saying the TV most likely doesn't support it.

I guess u misunderstood, VSync is totally dependent on the GPU. The GPU detects the max fps on a display and this is how it works;

there are 3 frame buffers, the first is what the GPU produces so it constantly is producing new frames, the second stores the new frames that are created and will only send 60 frames per second to the third and delete the others, the third then sends it on to the tv, completely independent from the tv

Just now, Judd said:

I guess u misunderstood, VSync is totally dependent on the GPU. The GPU detects the max fps on a display and this is how it works;

there are 3 frame buffers, the first is what the GPU produces so it constantly is producing new frames, the second stores the new frames that are created and will only send 60 frames per second to the third and delete the others, the third then sends it on to the tv, completely independent from the tv

I guess you mis-understood as well ;). What I am saying is that tv's don't use the same refresh technology monitors do which could cause the issue. Also two things I thought of. Does your TV have a game mode and are you in it? And what cord did you use to connect it? HDMI2? DVI? DP?

10 minutes ago, Thinkfreely said:

guess you mis-understood as well ;). What I am saying is that tv's don't use the same refresh technology monitors do which could cause the issue. Also two things I thought of. Does your TV have a game mode and are you in it? And what cord did you use to connect it? HDMI2? DVI? DP?

Ok, sorry I did misunderstand, it's in hdmi1/DVI 

Just now, Judd said:

Ok, sorry I did misunderstand, it's in hdmi1/DVI 

Do you have a hdmi 2 cord? or display port on the tv? That could be it, and also does your TV have a game mode?

I can try using hdmi 2, there is no display port or game mode

Wait, the hdmi1 is actually stb, not DVI

HDMI 2 cuts out about 20 pixels on all 4 corners