MSI B350 Gaming Pro Carbon vs ASUS Prime B350-Plus?

34 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

ofc the x370 pro beats it, I already knew that hence why for me it was my first pick after I had a C6H with the 0D flaw.

Also so far the X370 k4 have had zero problems OCing a 1700 to 4.0, the ram support isn't that good at all.

Also where are you finding the info about the Prime x370 pro? I can't seem to find the info.

Ok, so  buildzoid thinks the components one these ASRock mobos vary from piece to piece.

618B will be a bit better part than MSI used PK616BA.

Also, ASRock opted for a weird ass config.

They use 2 doublers IR3598 for the VCore, this means that there are 4 phases right from the voltage controller and 2 aka 4 phases from the doublers

Also, i found some errors and bullshit in some of the circuit analysis, mainly on AB350 K4

Also, on overclock everyone just confirms my thoughts.

Niko parts are worse than the Sinopower.

I will dig deep for the spec sheets

@Dackzy

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM

2 minutes ago, dave_k said:

Ok, so  buildzoid thinks the components one these ASRock mobos vary from piece to piece.

618B will be a bit better part than MSI used PK616BA.

Also, ASRock opted for a weird ass config.

They use 2 doublers IR3598 for the VCore, this means that there are 4 phases right from the voltage controller and 2 aka 4 phases from the doublers

I do not like the sounds of the components varying from piece to piece.

I think tweaktown covered the voltage controller setup, which yes I also found and still find weird, but so far it is working well, I haven't noticed anything bad yet.

I am one of the people that like to push their hardware to its limits, so I have really tested my system through a lot, but I am not running it at full "power" at all times since I need my desktop for school and as my old 4770k showed on a Asus Formula board showed is that running your stuff at max all the time, isn't a good idea if you want to keep it for a long period (4-5 years). I am also the guy that generally buys the best quality I can afford, but sadly I needed the PC within 2 days and all shops at that time had 7+ days on the taichi, gaming pro and because of the 0D flaw I didn't really want to get a C6H again, mainly because if it had that flaw again, then I wouldn't have the time to try and fix it or return it.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

2 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

I think tweaktown covered the voltage controller setup, which yes I also found and still find weird, but so far it is working well, I haven't noticed anything bad yet.

I am one of the people that like to push their hardware to its limits, so I have really tested my system through a lot, but I am not running it at full "power" at all times since I need my desktop for school and as my old 4770k showed on a Asus Formula board showed is that running your stuff at max all the time, isn't a good idea if you want to keep it for a long period (4-5 years). I am also the guy that generally buys the best quality I can afford, but sadly I needed the PC within 2 days and all shops at that time had 7+ days on the taichi, gaming pro and because of the 0D flaw I didn't really want to get a C6H again, mainly because if it had that flaw again, then I wouldn't have the time to try and fix it or return it.

Uh, you stepped out of your perfectionism.

PK618BA is marignally better than the B350 mosfets, it is  close to the 4C09N used on the Asus B350s performancewise.

No good job from ASSRock here. The lowside has top secret spec sheets or some crap.

I am starting to not trust tweaktown.

For the price of the boards and their heatsinks, its not a bad choice, but given the X370 Pro same price, way better VRM, better RGB and heatsinks, i see no actual excuse to go with those.

36 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

I really only turn on my overclock when I actually need it (video editing and gaming).

Typical browsing, Discord, Plex, etc, I just leave it stock.

With that said, @dave_k really knows his stuff. I am super happy with my ASUS STRIX X370-F motherboard outside of the CPU Ratio glitch in the current BIOS release.

Desktop:

AMD Ryzen 7 @ 3.9ghz 1.35v w/ Noctua NH-D15 SE AM4 Edition

ASUS STRIX X370-F GAMING Motherboard

ASUS STRIX Radeon RX 5700XT

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 3200

Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVME

2x4TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs

Corsair RM850X

Be Quiet Silent Base 800

Elgato HD60 Pro

Sceptre C305B-200UN Ultra Wide 2560x1080 200hz Monitor

Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum Keyboard

Logitech G903 Mouse

Oculus Rift CV1 w/ 3 Sensors + Earphones

Laptop:

Acer Nitro 5:

Intel Core I5-8300H

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 2666

Geforce GTX 1050ti 4GB

Intel 600p 256GB NVME

Seagate Firecuda 2TB SSHD

Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum

21 minutes ago, dave_k said:

Uh, you stepped out of your perfectionism.

PK618BA is marignally better than the B350 mosfets, it is  close to the 4C09N used on the Asus B350s performancewise.

No good job from ASSRock here. The lowside has top secret spec sheets or some crap.

I am starting to not trust tweaktown.

For the price of the boards and their heatsinks, its not a bad choice, but given the X370 Pro same price, way better VRM, better RGB and heatsinks, i see no actual excuse to go with those.

yep, but I needed to because of work and school. Sometimes you have to compromise. 

I wish I could have found the info on the prime 3½ weeks ago, then I would probably have looked at that and gone with it, but nothing I can do now and so far I can't really complain. OCing has not shown problems and stability has been good.

5 minutes ago, Jon Jon said:

I really only turn on my overclock when I actually need it (video editing and gaming).

which is close to every day for me :D Though just 3D work instead of video editing.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

10 minutes ago, Jon Jon said:

Typical browsing, Discord, Plex, etc, I just leave it stock.

With that said, @dave_k really knows his stuff. I am super happy with my ASUS STRIX X370-F motherboard outside of the CPU Ratio glitch in the current BIOS release.

Emm, thanks.

X370-F has BCLK Gen, you can get over the ratio glitch.

I think the BIOS settings are the same as Linus showed in R7 overclocking guide

1 hour ago, dave_k said:

Emm, thanks.

I am not sure what that is, so I will have to consult with "The Google".

Desktop:

AMD Ryzen 7 @ 3.9ghz 1.35v w/ Noctua NH-D15 SE AM4 Edition

ASUS STRIX X370-F GAMING Motherboard

ASUS STRIX Radeon RX 5700XT

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 3200

Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVME

2x4TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs

Corsair RM850X

Be Quiet Silent Base 800

Elgato HD60 Pro

Sceptre C305B-200UN Ultra Wide 2560x1080 200hz Monitor

Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum Keyboard

Logitech G903 Mouse

Oculus Rift CV1 w/ 3 Sensors + Earphones

Laptop:

Acer Nitro 5:

Intel Core I5-8300H

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 2666

Geforce GTX 1050ti 4GB

Intel 600p 256GB NVME

Seagate Firecuda 2TB SSHD

Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum

• 1 month later...
On 9/7/2017 at 10:49 PM, dave_k said:

Emm, thanks.

I want to overclock r5 1600 to its Max.. so can u tell me which mobo do I need ? b350 f gaming, MSI - X370 GAMING PLUS, GA-AX370-Gaming K3 or I must add some money and get Gigabyte gaming 5 (6+2 vrm), asus x370 pro (also 6+2). I can simply get a taichi but it's overkill for r5 I think ;)

• 2 months later...

Well, I am sitting here with my msi b350m pro vdh, and it’s a beast, the post is slow because it loads windows, and windows loads in 2 sec or less with my9 year old barracuda 1tb, and it is an of beast, just gat my a10 9700 @ 4,4 ghz with 1.39 volts and the bios is so big that the search is needed, but that is a good point, I AM NOT FROM MSI OR SPONSORD BY AN WINACTION I DO THIS IN MY FREE TIME BECAUSE I LIKE IT