Installing Linux on AHCI only laptop

I've been having issues installing any flavor of linux on an ASUS X540SA-RPBDN09 laptop I was given a few months back. When I first received this notebook, I very nearly discarded it as the windows 10 installation refused to accept my credentials or allow me to create a new account or even view pictures. Reasons I prefer Linux. after numerous iterations of linux that I have being used to attempt an install on this computer, I gave up. the computer either wouldn't read the freshly burned disks or pendrive, or would go through the install process for Ubuntu and Red Hat, but then would not boot. After so many headaches, I reinstalled windows 10 and put in my authentic purchased key, refused to accept it and said I know had to purchase a key from microsoft. After repeated attempts to figure out something with the PC, seeing as I received it brand new, sealed in box and didn't work with preinstalled windows, I found that it is bootlocked in AHCI mode, with no uefi or ide mode allowed in BIOS. I tried flashing a couple different BIOS ROMs to see if I could resolve anything and wound up with nothing. My question is, is there any rom for BIOS for this computer that supports uefi, or a flavour of Linux that could be installed on this computer. I have another computer running Kali, ubuntu 16.04 LTS, and Ubuntu studio alongside a windows 7 installation (because windows gives me a finger when I try to use my key). I really would like this computer to work, as it has virtually nothing wrong with it and is literally brand new condition. Any help would be appreciated.