Which is a better domain name

Which is a better website name?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Which is a better domain name for a gsmarena like site for laptops with laptop news, reviews and main focus on specs?

• -laptopfront.com
    • -laptopmark.com

Which is a better domain name for a gsmarena like site for laptops with laptop news, reviews and main focus on specs?

Laptop front for me.

Recommendation: don't get domain with your provider, go to someone like godaddy or domains.google and get your hosting separately.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

8 minutes ago, JDE said:

Laptop front for me.

Recommendation: don't get domain with your provider, go to someone like godaddy or domains.google and get your hosting separately.

^

If you don't some provider will lock your domain if you move to a different provider/service. I had this experience a few yeas back with a domain. 

Magical Pineapples

-Desktopfront.com

-Desktopmark.com

Any of those two sound just WAY better.

10 minutes ago, Fahim Foysal said:

one thing though. Does laptopmark sound like a benchmark site?

kind of cuz of futuremark and 3dmark. But it still sounds more relevent and better than front

4 minutes ago, Dutch-stoner said:

-Desktopfront.com

-Desktopmark.com

Any of those two sound just WAY better.

It's a site about laptop. Why would I want these two domains? .-.

inb4 someone goes and buys both and tries to sell them to you. Laptopmark sounds like a website for benchmarking all manner of laptops in a relative performance way while laptopfront sounds like an extremist fundamentalist laptop guerrilla movement. 

Yours faithfully

1 minute ago, Lord Nicoll said:

inb4 someone goes and buys both and tries to sell them to you. Laptopmark sounds like a website for benchmarking all manner of laptops in a relative performance way while laptopfront sounds like an extremist fundamentalist laptop guerrilla movement. 

I knew that could happen so I just bought both lol. So at the end of the day which one do you think is better for showing specs, news and reviews? And please do vote in the poll so that I get a overall estimate.

Just now, Fahim Foysal said:

I knew that could happen so I just bought both lol. So at the end of the day which one do you think is better for showing specs, news and reviews? And please do vote in the poll so that I get a overall estimate.

I already did, and laptopmark seems a much better name as I didn't make it the butt of a terrorist joke.

Yours faithfully

46 minutes ago, Fahim Foysal said:

Which is a better domain name for a gsmarena like site for laptops with laptop news, reviews and main focus on specs?

how about laptopcheck or infolaptop

2 minutes ago, ACEHACK said:

or laptop.guru 

5 minutes ago, ACEHACK said:

laptopcheck is taken. Infolaptop doesnt sounds very generic. Its difficult to create a brand image with it.

24 minutes ago, Fahim Foysal said:

laptopcheck is taken. Infolaptop doesnt sounds very generic. Its difficult to create a brand image with it.

laptop.guru is not taken and it sounds better if not then take the laptopmark

8 hours ago, ACEHACK said:

laptop.guru is not taken and it sounds better if not then take the laptopmark

I like laptop.guru but its a little expesive. About 160 cad i believe. What kinda thought does the name laptopmark bring in your mind?

3 hours ago, Fahim Foysal said:

I like laptop.guru but its a little expesive. About 160 cad i believe. What kinda thought does the name laptopmark bring in your mind?

it sounds like a laptop theme store where you buy skins like how dbrand does that why I think you will probably have difficulty with seo  and getting traffic to your site

1 minute ago, ACEHACK said:

it sounds like a laptop theme store where you buy skins like how dbrand does that why I think you will probably have difficulty with seo  and getting traffic to your site

the problem isn't with seo. suppose you google asus zenbook 3 specs. The top sites that appear in the first age are notebookcheck, laptopmark, anandtech, laptopfront, cnet etc. You would prolly open tabs of many differenent sites in your browser. The question is would you click on laptopfront and laptopmark among the sea of sites. Which one are you more likely to click on among these two? I believe the site will have enough info to bring a user back for another time. The problem is the first click .

13 hours ago, Fahim Foysal said:

Yes, I will buy from godaddy. Thanks man 

domains.google is sometimes also cheaper.

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

1 minute ago, JDE said:

domains.google is sometimes also cheaper.

I already bought them from godaddy. domains.google.com isn't supported in my country. Godaddy is pretty decent.

2 minutes ago, Fahim Foysal said:

@JDE may i know why you chose laptopfront instead of laptopmark?

I think it sounds better :D

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Delta - Laptop

1 minute ago, Fahim Foysal said:

the problem isn't with seo. suppose you google asus zenbook 3 specs. The top sites that appear in the first age are notebookcheck, laptopmark, anandtech, laptopfront, cnet etc. You would prolly open tabs of many differenent sites in your browser. The question is would you click on laptopfront and laptopmark among the sea of sites. Which one are you more likely to click on among these two? I believe the site will have enough info to bring a user back for another time. The problem is the first click .

i found another decent one how u like it laptopgalaxy.net $12 it feels more clickable and i think you would get better traffic than laptopmark or laptopfront the first one sound like dbrand the other one like some laptop activist or something  

10 minutes ago, ACEHACK said:

i found another decent one how u like it laptopgalaxy.net $12 it feels more clickable and i think you would get better traffic than laptopmark or laptopfront the first one sound like dbrand the other one like some laptop activist or something  

i am not in for .nets man. I feel like .com should be the way to go. Although its very difficult to get a decent domain with .com. So among these two which one do you prefer and why?

1 minute ago, Fahim Foysal said:

i am not in for .nets man. I feel like .com should be the way to go. Although its very difficult to get a decent domain with .com. So among these two which one do you prefer and why?

.de :D

.co is really good though

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Delta - Laptop