Fresh start on Windows 10? Help

MenSuRx

I'm feel like I'm having problems with my disk drive. The drive is my SSD where my Windows and all other apps like skype and my games are installed. Recently, I've been having problems with some apps having problems starting up and updating, but updating fine when installing on my other drive. I'm not sure if my drive is failing because there isn't any errors when scanning the disk. So i want to try a clean restart of my computer but I'm not sure which one would be better. While I do want the cleanest of reinstallation, "Fresh start" says that it will not include certain apps that came with the computer such as certain NVidia apps like PhysX software and 3D software as well as Audio software from Realtek, some Intel software as well as ASUS System Updater, (software where I have never downloaded as it all came with the computer, but they sound important). Would just resetting my PC be enough or is it better to do a Fresh start?

(ew minion)

you're better off with a fresh stat, none of the bloat of realtek software or asus system updater. you can get nvidia stuff from nvidia gameready something.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 minute ago, themctipers said:

(ew minion)

you're better off with a fresh stat, none of the bloat of realtek software or asus system updater. you can get nvidia stuff from nvidia gameready something.

But aren't they important? Since I think realtek is my main software for sound output. And some of the intel software seems to be for my wireless/bluetooth as well as for framework

Just now, MenSuRx said:

But aren't they important? Since I think realtek is my main software for sound output. And some of the intel software seems to be for my wireless/bluetooth as well as for framework

You can manually reinstall them later on (I think the realtek one is just for the EQ and the UI for adjusting stuff, but there will be sound output as Windows 10 should reinstall all the drivers neccessary for the PC to function normally)

You can even have a GPU installed without downloading drivers from Nvidia, Windows 10 fetches them automagically

Make a note of the software that you need to install for it to work though, relying on Windows 10 finding drivers is not good. 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

2 minutes ago, MenSuRx said:

You should be ok with just Windows loading in the drivers itself. You just won't have the apps to tweak anything, but your sound and other stuff should still work.

DAEDALUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 - 1600 @ 3.7Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo Black Edition // Motherboard: Asus RoG Strix B350-F Gaming // Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6GB GDDR5 // Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000Mhz // Storage: WD Green - 250GB M.2 SATA SSD (Boot Drive and Programs), SanDisk Ultra II 120GB (GTA V), WD Elements 1TB External Drive (Steam Library) // Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W // Case: BeQuiet Silentbase 600 with SilentWings Mk.2 Internal Fans // Peripherals: VicTop Mechanical Gaming Keyboard & VicTsing 7200 DPI Wired Gaming Mouse

PROMETHEUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO // Motherboard: Foxconn 2ABF // Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 (For Diagnostic Testing Only) // Memory: 2 x 4GB DDR3 Mushkin Memory // Storage: 10TB of Various Storage Drives // Power Supply: Corsair 600W // Case: Bitfenix Nova Midi Tower - Black

SpeedTest Results - Having Trouble Finding a Decent PSU? - Check the PSU Tier List!