X99a won't boot without cpu fan.

xentropa

I have an x99a motherboard.  I have a custom loop with pumps fans radiators running out the case and externally powered.  I dont want any fans in my case but the cpu molex power plug on the board seems to need a fan or the board wont post.  Any way around this?

Not that I know of. It is a safety feature put into basically all boards. You could always plug in a case fan into the cpu fan header. I'm assuming that the fans on your radiator would work as well.

Use a jumper or get a way to connect it with some sort of clip

Kinda ghetto but it should work

Btw try look in to the bios,maybe there is an option that will allow it

EDIT:If you have a spare fan just cut the connector off of it and put it on the board it should work like a charm

I am really into music games and my neighbours don't like it

14 minutes ago, S a f a r i m a n said:

Use a jumper or get a way to connect it with some sort of clip

Kinda ghetto but it should work

Btw try look in to the bios,maybe there is an option that will allow it

EDIT:If you have a spare fan just cut the connector off of it and put it on the board it should work like a charm

If u just short out the power plug, it wont like overcurrent?

19 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Not that I know of. It is a safety feature put into basically all boards. You could always plug in a case fan into the cpu fan header. I'm assuming that the fans on your radiator would work as well.

My goal was to try to make a dead silent pc with no fans.  I guess i could just get a low rpm 140mm case fan.

3 minutes ago, xentropa said:

My goal was to try to make a dead silent pc with no fans.  I guess i could just get a low rpm 140mm case fan.

yeah it would be nicer,just for peace of mind,are we talking about the connector on the motherboard or the psu one ? Because I'm not getting it right,but probably if it doesn't POST you mean the fan header on the motherboard

1 minute ago, S a f a r i m a n said:

yeah it would be nicer,just for peace of mind,are we talking about the connector on the motherboard or the psu one ? Because I'm not getting it right

Motherboard.  There is a molex power plug on the motherboard designated for the cpu fan.  Motherboard wont post if nothing is plugged in.

Just now, xentropa said:

Motherboard.  There is a molex power plug on the motherboard designated for the cpu fan.  Motherboard wont post if nothing is plugged in.

Yeah sorry for the missunderstanding,btw to be sure just get a low rpm fan and you won't even notice it 

(Kinda tired sorry again )