TweakTown benchmarked RoTR, Far Cry Primal and Metro Last Light at native 8K with a Titan Xp!

YongKang
1 hour ago, Dylanc1500 said:

Now benchmark it with a Quadro P100.

If Nvidia can him one, sure. Why not?

16 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

What about FPS at lower settings? 

Anthony gonna test them in SLI + medium settings in his next part. I'll post it here once it's up.

I really want 8k to be pushed so that the prices for quality 4k displays become cheap.

Display manufacturers are trying to get us to spend money on HDR and other features that aren't fully supported... Just give us those pixels and everything else will follow.  Except internet speeds. :(

i I don't want to think about trying to stream 8k content with some of these ISPs.

1 hour ago, elkenrod said:

i I don't want to think about trying to stream 8k content with some of these ISPs.

I'm using a 15M down and 1M up connection here so... :( 

31 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Honestly seems like a genuine waste of GPU resources to go for an insanely high resolution like that.

for now. ;) 

On 8/31/2017 at 0:48 AM, YongKang said:

TweakTown has just released

I can't stand going to their website.  If I had adblock on, it throws up a message that won't let me past until I whitelist their site.  If I turn adblock off, it throws up an ad over the screen that takes forever to go away.  Either way, I can't read their website.

*sigh*

1 minute ago, Jito463 said:

I can't stand going to their website.  If I had adblock on, it throws up a message that won't let me past until I whitelist their site.  If I turn adblock off, it throws up an ad over the screen that takes forever to go away.  Either way, I can't read their website.

*sigh*

You sure? I don't have adblock on when I'm visiting their site and I don't get this kind problem. They recently updated their site. Try again.

Just now, Jito463 said:

I just did a moment ago, that's why I posted what I did.

What browser are you using? I'm using google chrome.

1 minute ago, Jito463 said:

Opera, but I fail to see how that would make a difference.  It uses the same rendering engine as Chrome.

Are you using any other block scripts?

5 minutes ago, YongKang said:

Are you using any other block scripts?

I'm using the built in adblocker, but it seems to use the same filters as AdblockPlus: EasyList, EasyPrivacy, Disable Malware Domains and I even tried turning on Adblock Warning Removal, no change.  I've just never had a good experience on their site.

The problem I have with high resolution gaming is most games don't offer anything compelling enough to make the jump. But this is a chicken and egg problem.

Why do I say that? Because if the textures aren't developed for the resolution, the apparent increase in detail is going to flat line. Otherwise the only thing resolution provides is clarity on far away or smaller objects. So unless that's the object of focus (which would be handy for games like DCS or ARMA where you should be engaging in ranges much farther than a typical Call of Duty match), I don't think it really matters.

Also similarly with cell phones, I don't feel a need for monitors to pack 8K in 24" or even 27". 5K I'd argue is the "Retina" limit for 27". I own a 27" 4K monitor, and it looks close to a Retina display viewed at a typical distance.