Will running my router in bridge mode affect speeds?

Hello all,

First post on LTT forums! How exciting.

Anyway, I'm pretty new to networking, and setting anything up beyond a home wifi network is a bit daunting, forgive me for any ignorance. 

However, I've recently developed a need to connect a device to my home networking via wired ethernet and it has no wireless capability for some odd reason (philips hue bridge); range is not the issue. So I've tried a number of things from things I've learned here. First I used a dedicated wireless repeater with ethernet ports that was loaned to me, but I had to return it when the owner moved away and, while it could be unrelated, my roommate and I did notice slower than normal internet speeds and other problems. Again, no idea if the repeater and internet issues were related. After that I used my own powerline adapter that I had sitting in the basement. This worked to connect the Philips Hue Bridge to the network, but I couldn't keep this set up since the powerline adapter made one of the power outlets on my wall unusable, and outlets are at a premium in my room; I needed to plug surge protector strips in.

Now, my plan is to use another router (Linksys WRT1900AC) in bridge mode to connect the Hue Bridge to the network. But since I'm doing that, and my router has four ethernet ports, why not plug in more devices like my desktop PC and perhaps another computer? Will giving them this wired connection be more stable when it's still running to the wireless bridge? Will doing this affect my internet speeds at all? Should I just leave my PC and laptop on wifi and only connect the Hue bridge? 

Thanks for any and all advice! I've gotten so much conflicting information on bridge and repeaters, so hope you can help me out!

1 minute ago, ovenlite1 said:

-SNIP-

Repeaters cut your speeds each time they get repeated so not exactly ideal, a router in bridge mode or an AP would solve that problem and not cause a drop in performance. 

Thanks for the responses everyone! After digging through the sea of (sometimes questionable) info, seems like a router in bridge mode will be the way to go, and I get the benefit of adding some other devices too.