Seasonic S12II 430W vs Antec vp550p

My config is Intel g4560, zotac gtx1050ti, msi b250 pro vdh,8gbx1 corsair ddr4 ram, 2 hdd and a dwd rw drive. So my old psu(corsair vs450) is giving me random restarts and i need a new psu and these two 1.Seasonic S12II 430 2.Antec vp550p are the only options i got (budget and delivery issues) or the vp450p which is cheaper than both but im guessing it will be same as a corsair vs450 so not considering it.  I know that seasonic S12II series psu as listed as tier3 and are better than tier 5 antec vp but my concern is that is it enough to power my system without any issues and also the model year listed on amazon is 2009, is it  ok to buy such an old model? Please advise me on this and Thanks in advance

S12II would be better, 430W is plenty for your built. A corsair CXM would be worth pushing for if you can though. 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

6 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

Have you overclocked anything?

No

7 minutes ago, rn8686 said:

S12II would be better, 430W is plenty for your built. A corsair CXM would be worth pushing for if you can though. 

i had considered corsair cx450m but its not available in my country and importing it will make the cost go higher than my budget also what do you think about seasonic S12II 430 being a 2009 model?

Just now, Harveyy said:

i had considered corsair cx450m but its not available in my country and importing it will make the cost go higher than my budget also what do you think about seasonic S12II 430 being a 2009 model?

Thats fine, the design is a little aged, I can see the 550W for only about 600 rupee more (Is fine though if budget is that tight). 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

Peripherals 

8 minutes ago, rn8686 said:

Thats fine, the design is a little aged, I can see the 550W for only about 600 rupee more (Is fine though if budget is that tight). 

Only the 520w model is available and it costs 1000 rupee more

Also an indian guy on forums is suggesting vp550p because seasonic is old, im getting a bit confused

1 minute ago, Harveyy said:

Only the 520w model is available and it costs 1000 rupee more

I was referring to a CXM, newer design and available on Amazon for 6,100 Rupee:

https://www.amazon.in/CORSAIR-CX550M-BRONZE-Haswell-Modular/dp/B01B72W0A2/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1503737939&sr=1-3&keywords=CXM

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

Peripherals 

3 minutes ago, Harveyy said:

Well it's 6100 plus 900 shipping and that goes over my budget. i got 6000

Found this 450W CX for  4,187 Rupee (The 550W version is also available for a little more). 

https://www.amazon.in/CX450-450W-Plus-Pwr-Supply/dp/B01MTZ96RU/ref=sr_1_17?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1503738314&sr=1-17&keywords=Power+supplies

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

Peripherals 

4 minutes ago, rn8686 said:

Found this 450W CX for  4,187 Rupee (The 550W version is also available for a little more). 

https://www.amazon.in/CX450-450W-Plus-Pwr-Supply/dp/B01MTZ96RU/ref=sr_1_17?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1503738314&sr=1-17&keywords=Power+supplies

Now that seems like something i can afford! It's basically a cxm450 without modularity right? And if it's enough for my current system then i will buy it i need no headroom for upgrades since there will not be any upgrades to this anytime soon. Thanks for taking time and finding it and for your valuable replies.

35 minutes ago, Harveyy said:

Also an indian guy on forums is suggesting vp550p because seasonic is old, im getting a bit confused

Seasonic is very old (I think the S12II 80plus white model was 1st released in 2006). The Antec VP550P appears to be fairly okay, but is a low end platform.

But a Corsair CX450 or CX450M will be miles better.

32 minutes ago, Harveyy said:

It's basically a cxm450 without modularity right?

Yes

Better than S12II because of newer circuit design but uses slightly worse caps (still good enough, at least better than C'r'apxon)

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

9 minutes ago, ZM Fong said:

Yes

No, they are very different.

But, it is good too.

9 minutes ago, ZM Fong said:

Better than S12II because of newer circuit design but uses slightly worse caps (still good enough, at least better than C'r'apxon)

Screw the caps, caps Jap caps don't mean a lot.

S12II is group regulated, which is what makes it not an amazing choice.

The problem with group regulated PSUs, is that all of the rail's voltages are adjusted when load a not balanced load is pushed on the PSU.

DC-DC is 12V stepped down to 5V and 3.3V, so there is little variation in the voltages when one voltage rail is stressed.

1 hour ago, Harveyy said:

also what do you think about seasonic S12II 430 being a 2009 model?

That it's too old for a modern computer and should be avoided if at all possible.

The Circuit Design is ancient, if you see a picture of the insides you 'feel' the cheapness of the PSU. It has really tiny heatsinks.

And to make things worse, it has a really bad protection IC it seems -> look up HY-510N. So no, it is NOT a good PSU and should NOT be recomended if at all avoidable.

There are just way better options on the market...

And pls don't argue with "Japanese" Caps. Does it really matter in THIS unit?! You want that if everything else is OK and you have some money left.

But NOT with an ancient, group regulated design. Because you don't want a group regulated design (=regulates +12V _AND_ +5V together) these days.

38 minutes ago, ZM Fong said:

Caps are overrated. They don't even get hot these days. And they probably got better in the past years.

And what good do Japanese capacitors do, if everything else is in the toilet before they fail? Or the normal failure mode has nothing to do with caps??

The japanese caps in my Super Flower Golden Green thingy didn't help. It's dead, no +5VSB no more.

Why care so much about caps?
Because some people say so?! And because in old PSU they got cooked, they have to in modern PSU too?
Even if the efficiency rose another 5-10 points??

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

That's not really an argument because the same can be said about the worst of the worst...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"