(1080 TI) Which GPU of these 4 do I buy tomorrow?

zindan

Going for SLI in the future and I can't decide. The Turbo ASUS is the cheapest so I am thinking why not?? IT

t's like 120$ cheaper than the rest. Could someone brief me with some info please, thanks.!

CHEAPEST OPTION: https://www.netonnet.se/art/datorkomponenter/grafikkort/nvidia/asus-geforce-gtx-1080ti-turbo-11g/243908.8989/

THE ONE I WANT MOST BECAUSE OF THE GLOW GEFORCE TEXT! :D: https://www.netonnet.se/art/datorkomponenter/grafikkort/nvidia/asus-geforce-gtx-1080ti-fe/243279.8989/

MOST EXPENSIVE: https://www.netonnet.se/art/datorkomponenter/grafikkort/nvidia/asus-geforce-gtx1080ti-strix-oc/243771.8989/

MID PRICE RANGE:https://www.netonnet.se/art/datorkomponenter/grafikkort/nvidia/gigabyte-geforce-gtx1080ti-gaming-oc/243922.8989/

Really appreciate helpful answers. THANK YOU!

2 minutes ago, zindan said:

Going for SLI in the future and I can't decide. The Turbo ASUS is the cheapest so I am thinking why not?? IT

t's like 120$ cheaper than the rest. Could someone brief me with some info please, thanks.!

CHEAPEST OPTION: https://www.netonnet.se/art/datorkomponenter/grafikkort/nvidia/asus-geforce-gtx-1080ti-turbo-11g/243908.8989/

THE ONE I WANT MOST BECAUSE OF THE GLOW GEFORCE TEXT! :D: https://www.netonnet.se/art/datorkomponenter/grafikkort/nvidia/asus-geforce-gtx-1080ti-fe/243279.8989/

MOST EXPENSIVE: https://www.netonnet.se/art/datorkomponenter/grafikkort/nvidia/asus-geforce-gtx1080ti-strix-oc/243771.8989/

MID PRICE RANGE:https://www.netonnet.se/art/datorkomponenter/grafikkort/nvidia/gigabyte-geforce-gtx1080ti-gaming-oc/243922.8989/

Really appreciate helpful answers. THANK YOU!

for the most part they are all the same.  the only main difference that you will notice is there cooling.  the cheapest option and the one that you want use blower style coolers which generally run a bit hotter then the other tow cards that you are looking at

Current Rig=  AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus Crosshair Hero VIII, EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ultra, 32gb Corsair Vengence Pro RGB 3000hz White, EVGA 750 P2 PSU, 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 500gb samsung 860 evo, 250GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 2TB seagate firecuda sshd,  LianLi PC 011 Dynamic XL ROG edition, Corsair h150i elite capelix

1 minute ago, xdeathshot20 said:

for the most part they are all the same.  the only main difference that you will notice is there cooling.  the cheapest option and the one that you want use blower style coolers which generally run a bit hotter then the other tow cards that you are looking at

Hmm, perhaps not the cheapest then? Since with SLI they will probably run a lot hotter and that could be bad in the long run? How about the founders edition ?? 

The 3rd one isn't the most expensive, the OC edition is.

This is the one I got]

Edit, it is the OC edition, my bad :)

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

Hmm, perhaps not the cheapest then? Since with SLI they will probably run a lot hotter and that could be bad in the long run? How about the founders edition ?? 

same cooler as the turbo

Current Rig=  AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus Crosshair Hero VIII, EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ultra, 32gb Corsair Vengence Pro RGB 3000hz White, EVGA 750 P2 PSU, 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 500gb samsung 860 evo, 250GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 2TB seagate firecuda sshd,  LianLi PC 011 Dynamic XL ROG edition, Corsair h150i elite capelix

Just now, xdeathshot20 said:

same cooler as the turbo

Just now, Constantin said:

The 3rd one isn't the most expensive, the OC edition is

Damn, this is really hard... The founders edition is so sexy tho! 

the founders edition is a pretty blower design but just as bad at cooling. I would get something better than the Gigabyte G1 gaming because the cooler is trash but something less expensive than the Strix OC.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

Just now, zindan said:

Damn, this is really hard... The founders edition is so sexy tho! 

normally i would say just go for the one that fits your budget the best or the one that goes with your color scheme but i personally relaly dont like to recommend any cards with blower style cooler

Can't find a block for the Turbo card. It's also not based off the reference FE PCB either unfortunately. So FE blocks don't fit.

Any of those cards and a waterblock would be great. Should all end up near the 2100MHz ballpark. Actually probably wouldn't bother with *that* Gigabyte card. Strix is defo the better option. 

Although FE is totally fine. 

You'll want to run those on water if you're going for SLi. Even running a single card on water should be the preferred option to keep boost clocks high.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Just now, xdeathshot20 said:

normally i would say just go for the one that fits your budget the best or the one that goes with your color scheme but i personally relaly dont like to recommend any cards with blower style cooler

https://www.dustinhome.se/product/5011020116/gtx-1080-ti-gaming-oc-11gb This one will do nicely right ? cheap and good? 

Noise aside they are all the same, overclocks pretty much the same and all... we're talking about 2fps difference tops... so if you don't mind noise go for the FE which indeed is the nicest looking ^^

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Just now, Princess Cadence said:

Noise aside they are all the same, overclocks pretty much the same and all... we're talking about 2fps difference tops... so if you don't mind noise go for the FE which indeed is the nicest looking ^^

Yeah, I agree! 

1 minute ago, Princess Cadence said:

1 minute ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Can't find a block for the Turbo card. It's also not based off the reference FE PCB either unfortunately. So FE blocks don't fit.

Any of those cards and a waterblock would be great. Should all end up near the 2100MHz ballpark. Actually probably wouldn't bother with *that* Gigabyte card. Strix is defo the better option. 

Although FE is totally fine. 

You'll want to run those on water if you're going for SLi. Even running a single card on water should be the preferred option to keep boost clocks high.

I love all of your responds, thanks a lot. Is it a bad choice to go with this Gigabyte OC ? Gigabyte GTX 1080 Ti Gaming OC 11GB

I think I'm going with the founders edition actually. They have one in the store for 1000$ AND I can open it up and test it /try it and then return it within 90 days FULL REFUND! 

Just now, zindan said:

I love all of your responds, thanks a lot. Is it a bad choice to go with this Gigabyte OC ? Gigabyte GTX 1080 Ti Gaming OC 11GB

Literally any GTX 1080ti with the sole exception of MSi Armor and MSi Aero is a solid pick, being as I mention noise the only major difference between them, pick the one you feel most comfortable with.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Just now, zindan said:

Absolutely not. It just doesn't have the bells and whistles that the Aorus has. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Just now, DildorTheDecent said:

Absolutely not. It just doesn't have the bells and whistles that the Aorus has. 

Just now, Princess Cadence said:

Literally any GTX 1080ti with the sole exception of MSi Armor and MSi Aero is a solid pick, being as I mention noise the only major difference between them, pick the one you feel most comfortable with.

Thanks! The best thing about this warehouse store is that I Can return the product within 90 days for a full refund if I'm not happy with it. Which is pretty fucking amazing. So I can try them all really :D 

get the damn asus strix (most expensive), should keep your temps under control and come cheaper than a waterblock replacement on the founder or the blower card.

maybe the gigabyte but i don't know about their coolers.

you are spending on an expensive card, don't make the mistake of going for the cheapest of the expensive cards. the asus strix have better clocks and better cooling.

1 minute ago, Howitz said:

get the damn asus strix, should keep your temps under control and come cheaper than a waterblock replacement on the founder or the blower card.

Cheaper water blocks than the founders edition? is it hard to watercool the founders edition? 

1 minute ago, zindan said:

Cheaper water blocks than the founders edition? is it hard to watercool the founders edition? 

go for the asus strix, all of them are still very expensive so get the asus strix as it will serve you better.

get this one https://www.netonnet.se/art/datorkomponenter/grafikkort/nvidia/asus-geforce-gtx1080ti-strix-oc/243771.8989/

Are the temps higher than founders edition on that one? 

no, you have to be aware that the founder edition and the turbo card have a blower style cooler, which does'nt cool the card as much as the triple fan setup. Both the founder and the turbo card will run hotter and have worse performances than the asus strix.

as for the gigabyte one, it might have a good cooler but i don't know.

my friend bought the asus turbo that have a blower cooler on it, and it often hit the temperature limit of 82-83Celsius, at this point the card clock lower itself to prevent heat from rising up.

Just now, Howitz said:

no, you have to be aware that the founder edition and the turbo card have a blower style cooler, which does'nt cool the card as much as the triple fan setup. Both the founder and the turbo card will run hotter and have worse performances than the asus strix.

but think about this. In the future I am probably gonna go with water cooling for my founders edition, then it really doesen't matter right? So I can even overclock them right right? 

1 minute ago, zindan said:

but think about this. In the future I am probably gonna go with water cooling for my founders edition, then it really doesen't matter right? So I can even overclock them right right? 

now what if you don't need to watercool them at all, with the asus strix you won't need water cooling.

If you buy a founder edition to put a waterblock on it, you will need to pay a lot more for the card+the waterblock than if you went for just the aircooled strix card.

you will also need to remove the blower style cooler and put the waterblock yourself, are you ok with doing that? that's why i pick this card.

https://www.netonnet.se/art/datorkomponenter/grafikkort/nvidia/asus-geforce-gtx1080ti-strix-oc/243771.8989/