I need help... again... and im about to bash my head into a wall

SOOOOO where do I begin. ive been on this troubleshooting journey for the past 2 months, ive RMA'd my GPU, PSU, and now Mobo, my computer likes to reboot in certain games, it started as overwatch and civilization VI, then went to Ark, Arma 3, PUBG, and Citadel: Forged with fire. At this point the only games I can really play is Terraria and Hearthstone. Its always in some loading, overwatch is occasional when loading a new map, civ is new turn, ark is map loading, arma is loading into a game, pubg is when I launch the game or load into a game, and citadel is random.

My system specs:

i5-6600k

EVGA 1080 FTW2

Gigabyte z170x-Gaming 6 rev. 1.1

EVGA 650wGQ 80+ gold

2x8gb ddr4 2133mhz HyperX fury

1tb HDD WD blue

Cryorig H7 Cooler

Corsair Strafe RGB

Corsair Void RGB

Corsair Scimitar  RGB

After talking with an EVGA support rep last night (after I installed my mobo and still had crashes) He said it could be HDD, which I doubt since its new. could be a short on the case, which I also doubt since im using standoffs and that would cause more damage, or it could be im right on the edge of having enough wattage. I think its most likely to be the latter, he thought so as well and he was pretty much completely at a loss. Ive tried to reinstall windows, use a diff hdd, test gpu and psu on a different system, reset cmos, change some nvidia control panel stuff, change bios stuff, check temps, use diff cables. run memtest, run benchmarks.. everything. Most things people recommend ive probably already tried but hey, im open to any suggestions.. please... Now I was wondering if I can reduce my overall power draw by decreasing the power target of the gpu, because if i'm right on the edge of enough power that should fix it

4 minutes ago, Sirpz said:

SOOOOO where do I begin. ive been on this troubleshooting journey for the past 2 months, ive RMA'd my GPU, PSU, and now Mobo, my computer likes to reboot in certain games, it started as overwatch and civilization VI, then went to Ark, Arma 3, PUBG, and Citadel: Forged with fire. At this point the only games I can really play is Terraria and Hearthstone. Its always in some loading, overwatch is occasional when loading a new map, civ is new turn, ark is map loading, arma is loading into a game, pubg is when I launch the game or load into a game, and citadel is random.

My system specs:

i5-6600k

EVGA 1080 FTW2

Gigabyte z170x-Gaming 6 rev. 1.1

EVGA 650wGQ 80+ gold

2x8gb ddr4 2133mhz HyperX fury

1tb HDD WD blue

Cryorig H7 Cooler

Corsair Strafe RGB

Corsair Void RGB

Corsair Scimitar  RGB

After talking with an EVGA support rep last night (after I installed my mobo and still had crashes) He said it could be HDD, which I doubt since its new. could be a short on the case, which I also doubt since im using standoffs and that would cause more damage, or it could be im right on the edge of having enough wattage. I think its most likely to be the latter, he thought so as well and he was pretty much completely at a loss. Ive tried to reinstall windows, use a diff hdd, test gpu and psu on a different system, reset cmos, change some nvidia control panel stuff, change bios stuff, check temps, use diff cables. run memtest, run benchmarks.. everything. Most things people recommend ive probably already tried but hey, im open to any suggestions.. please... Now I was wondering if I can reduce my overall power draw by decreasing the power target of the gpu, because if i'm right on the edge of enough power that should fix it

Run MemTest +86 and download any HDD SMART utility.

Or buy a different motherboard. Dell motherboards are cheaper than reference boards.

Just curious, but whats your case? I had the same issue one time with a completely different CPU and motherboard and the problem anded up being a thermal issue where the back panel of the case was restricting to much air flow to the back of the socket. I removed the back panel and I never had this issue again, most likely not the same issue but you never know. Could just be a temp issue elsewhere in the system.

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R

its NOT wattage, you are super fine. like 200W or more spare. im going to say WD sent you a crapped harddrive or that the wall power is crap to the point where a good PSU isnt enough

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

after I read through your post the first thing that came to mind was the WD "blue" drive also.

Have an old drive to try?..any drive.

is it set to ide in the BIOS?

you don't have raid enabled do you?

the graphics........... uninstall everything, reboot, reinstall graphics driver only. don't let windows install anything else.

check refresh rate on monitor.

and.............. I've neen having monitor "blackouts" for about 3-5 seconds after installing drivers last night on one of my machines. Maybe try an older one?

55 minutes ago, LabRat said:

after I read through your post the first thing that came to mind was the WD "blue" drive also.

Have an old drive to try?..any drive.

is it set to ide in the BIOS?

you don't have raid enabled do you?

the graphics........... uninstall everything, reboot, reinstall graphics driver only. don't let windows install anything else.

check refresh rate on monitor.

and.............. I've neen having monitor "blackouts" for about 3-5 seconds after installing drivers last night on one of my machines. Maybe try an older one?

I dont think its set to ide in bios... I had an old drive that got a rootkit, I was having the same issues on that as I am on this, raid is not enabled, refresh rate is 60, and I have tried reinstallling graphics drivers

1 hour ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

its NOT wattage, you are super fine. like 200W or more spare. im going to say WD sent you a crapped harddrive or that the wall power is crap to the point where a good PSU isnt enough

the one thing I havent tried was changing the wall outlet lol, I was always doing fine before with my old build, I can try to move my desk to a different one, I always figured that wouldnt have been a huge deal unless I was pulling like 1500w lol

1 hour ago, Ophidio said:

Just curious, but whats your case? I had the same issue one time with a completely different CPU and motherboard and the problem anded up being a thermal issue where the back panel of the case was restricting to much air flow to the back of the socket. I removed the back panel and I never had this issue again, most likely not the same issue but you never know. Could just be a temp issue elsewhere in the system.

phanteks eclipse p400. my thermals have always been very good

3 minutes ago, Sirpz said:

phanteks eclipse p400. my thermals have always been very good

there is no socket temp sensor so that COULD be an issue but i have never seen it reported before.

4 minutes ago, Sirpz said:

the one thing I havent tried was changing the wall outlet lol, I was always doing fine before with my old build, I can try to move my desk to a different one, I always figured that wouldnt have been a huge deal unless I was pulling like 1500w lol

just move the rig but not just within your home, if possible try at a friends house if you can too. if its fine at your friends house the power lines in your house are  garbage

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

27 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

there is no socket temp sensor so that COULD be an issue but i have never seen it reported before.

just move the rig but not just within your home, if possible try at a friends house if you can too. if its fine at your friends house the power lines in your house are  garbage

I just tried them within my home, still doesnt work

Just now, Sirpz said:

I just tried them within my home, still doesnt work

have you tried removeing the back panel like also suggested? and also it could be that the line into your house is bad if its old so doing at a friends place if you have any, could also be a fix. dont know what you would have to gain from that exept that your power lines are shit though lol. can you check windows event log if there are any errors that ocur that could be related?

Builds:

Spoiler

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

have you tried removeing the back panel like also suggested? and also it could be that the line into your house is bad if its old so doing at a friends place if you have any, could also be a fix. dont know what you would have to gain from that exept that your power lines are shit though lol. can you check windows event log if there are any errors that ocur that could be related?

Ive always just gotten kernel power 41, And I have tried back panel last night

1 minute ago, Sirpz said:

Ive always just gotten kernel power 41, And I have tried back panel last night

well on a Swedish forum i found that kernel power 41 is deeply related to a program called NOD 32, so if you have that installed, nuke it. the problem didnt seem exactly like your one and its a few years old but i thought id mention it.

this page also has some information but im guessing you have already read it through:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/2028504/windows-kernel-event-id-41-error-the-system-has-rebooted-without-clean

Builds:

Spoiler

14 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

well on a Swedish forum i found that kernel power 41 is deeply related to a program called NOD 32, so if you have that installed, nuke it. the problem didnt seem exactly like your one and its a few years old but i thought id mention it.

this page also has some information but im guessing you have already read it through:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/2028504/windows-kernel-event-id-41-error-the-system-has-rebooted-without-clean

yea i dont have nod 32.. I really wish it was an easy software fix.. hardwares such a bitch

16 minutes ago, Sirpz said:

yea i dont have nod 32.. I really wish it was an easy software fix.. hardwares such a bitch

well my best bets are on harddrive or RAM, memtest 86 and crystaldiskinfo could clear that up too but honestly i have no clue

Builds:

Spoiler

Yeah out of everything you've tried it still seems like its some kind of power issue, or memory issue whether it be hard drive or RAM. Sometimes hard drives just ship bad. Not every drive can be made perfect so if you have a spare on of those try it, try just one stick of RAM in (pretty sure you would have already tried this but eh gotta make sure all things are covered) then switch the stick out and see if it does it with each stick by itself.Hell, try a different cable that goes from just your wall to PSU, never know what a bad one of those could do. Just replace every cable in that bitch until you find something wrong. 

but wait, if anyone can answer this, what are the chances this fine young human got a faulty CPU? I know that's a very slim chance in general but what if it's just the CPU. That's the one thing he can't just test and find out if it works elsewhere. 

17 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

well my best bets are on harddrive or RAM, memtest 86 and crystaldiskinfo could clear that up too but honestly i have no clue

Even crystaldiskinfo won't pick up something being faulty with some drives, it'll say everything is okay but really it's not. 

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R

1 hour ago, Ophidio said:

Yeah out of everything you've tried it still seems like its some kind of power issue, or memory issue whether it be hard drive or RAM. Sometimes hard drives just ship bad. Not every drive can be made perfect so if you have a spare on of those try it, try just one stick of RAM in (pretty sure you would have already tried this but eh gotta make sure all things are covered) then switch the stick out and see if it does it with each stick by itself.Hell, try a different cable that goes from just your wall to PSU, never know what a bad one of those could do. Just replace every cable in that bitch until you find something wrong. 

but wait, if anyone can answer this, what are the chances this fine young human got a faulty CPU? I know that's a very slim chance in general but what if it's just the CPU. That's the one thing he can't just test and find out if it works elsewhere. 

Even crystaldiskinfo won't pick up something being faulty with some drives, it'll say everything is okay but really it's not. 

Ive had this issue even with my old hard drive, so unless both of them were bad, thats not the problem. and Ive had the CPU for a while, like about 9 months, and these issues only started when I installed my 1080

19 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

already ran memtest and crystaldiskinfo just said my HDD is in good condition

10 minutes ago, Sirpz said:

already ran memtest and crystaldiskinfo just said my HDD is in good condition

have you tried underclocking a little bit? or overclocking a little bit?

Builds:

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

have you tried underclocking a little bit? or overclocking a little bit?

yea, I also set it to nvidia debug mode, nothing

15 minutes ago, Sirpz said:

yea, I also set it to nvidia debug mode, nothing

do you have another GPU to test with?

Builds:

Spoiler

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

do you have another GPU to test with?

no, unfortunately. I used to have a 750ti I gave to my friend to use for a little, I didnt have problems when I used that but that still doesnt mean a whole lot, still seems alot like a psu issue

Just now, Sirpz said:

no, unfortunately. I used to have a 750ti I gave to my friend to use for a little, I didnt have problems when I used that but that still doesnt mean a whole lot, still seems alot like a psu issue

could be, but if you have RMAd that it shouldent be. i dont have any idea for more things to test tbh. get a diffrent GPU maby? thats about it

Builds:

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

could be, but if you have RMAd that it shouldent be. i dont have any idea for more things to test tbh. get a diffrent GPU maby? thats about it

Yea... Ive already RMAd my GPU too.. This is stupid, Im gonna try to RMA my psu again because furmark crashed my pc as soon as I launched it...

I'm wondering about the quality of power from your wall outlet. It could be "dirty" power so the PSU isn't getting a consistent input of energy. It might be worth going to some place like Best Buy, buying a UPS (uninterruptible power supply) and plugging the computer into that. The idea is that the UPS will provide a consistent level of output and if the power from the wall drops below sustainable levels, it will beep when it switches to its internal battery. If it doesn't make a difference then return the sucker. Best Buy has a 15 day return policy as long as you don't jack the box all to heck.

Good Luck!

CompTIA A+ Certified

"We are all cups, quietly and constantly being filled. The trick is knowing how to tip yourself and let the good things pour out." - Ray Bradbury