SNES Classic sold everywhere except in Quebec, Canada

GoodBytes
1 hour ago, dizmo said:

Yeah, I'm thinking the article got it wrong. This is even weirder now though, especially if they expect all games to be translated into French. I'm sure they don't have that requirement for other software.

It is. It's got to be something else...perhaps some kind of miscommunication.

At this point, it may be best if someone who works in the video game retail industry in Quebec to help fill in the blanks.

9 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

At this point, it may be best if someone who works in the video game retail industry in Quebec to help fill in the blanks.

Personally, I hope that the whole thing was a massive miss communication.

Just now, GoodBytes said:

Personally, I hope that the whole thing was a massive miss communication.

It could also be that this isn't a Nintendo thing but rather it's a decision made by retailers in Quebec for reasons of Quebec law that we don't quite get.  And it may not even be 'banned' but one of those 'Our legal team decided that it's not worth the POTENTIAL problems so we won't stock it' or something.  But this is purely conjecture.  Anyone know a GameStop manager in Quebec? :P

That about sums up my reaction.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

9 hours ago, RagnarokDel said:

Honestly, no private schools should be subsidized at all imo. You want to send your kid to a private school, pay for it, entirely. PS: The public school system is also crumbling. That's why they had to close down schools recently because lack of maintenance.

It's just a made up word that caught up. That's how new words are made. How do you think courriel became a thing

Courriel: email translation in quebec french, inspired of the word courrier (mail), way better then the one they made up in France: Mail which is just an anglicisme (no idea how you translate that))

sorry but no, i'd rather leep using anglicisme for words that have no easy equivalent to use or, ig i have to go formal and write a letter to  a client, use the direct translation, in the case of email, courrier eletrocnique. But if this word or just if you're saying that this words are basivally what argot are to france, then ok no biggy, as long as they dont make they're way into a disertation i have no issues with it

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

This is absolutely idiotic. Same reason why most computer parts and whatnot can't be found here in brick-and-mortar stores.

I think I haven't stepped in a Best Buy or EBGames in 6 months... Vive Amazon, vive Newegg :)

My current build :

Hurricane Mk.I

• CPU - Intel Core i5-4690K @ 4.6 GHz ~ 1.25V
  • Cooling - Corsair H60 2013 Edition
  • Motherboard - Gigabyte Z97MX-Gaming 5 (mATX)
  • RAM - 16 GB DDR3-1600 Avexir Core Series (Red LEDs)
  • GPU - XFX Radeon R9 Fury X @ 1100/500 MHz -24 mV
  • Case - CoolerMaster MasterCase Pro 3
  • SSD - 256 GB ADATA SX900
  • HDD - 1 TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM
  • PSU - Corsair RM750 (750W 80+ Gold)
  • Display - LG 34UM67-P Ultrawide (Freesync)
  • Keyboard - CM Storm Quickfire TK (Cherry MX Red) + CM Masterkeys Pro S RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
  • Mouse - Razer DeathAdder 2013
  • Audio - Sennheiser HD598 SE with detachable mic
  • OS - Windows 10 Home Edition
  • VR - Lenovo Explorer Windows Mixed Reality Headset
  • Laptop - ASUS K501LX with i7-5500U and GTX 950M