New headset for listening to music and gaming

lkarej

Hey all my original hyperX clouds have been acting up lately (certain angles on the cable going into the headset cause it to only work in the right earcup etc so I figured they're probably on their way out.
Looking for something to replace them, preferably not too expensive. Doesn't need to be a "gaming headset" but has to have decent sound and a decent soundstage as well.
Doesn't need to have a mic as I'm using a blue yeti, but as I have an audio pass through through the yeti, it must use a 3.5mm jack.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

I make bad life decisions.

Beyer DTs

Asus Z170-A | Intel Core i7-6700K@4.6Ghz | Cooler Master 612s | ZOTAC GTX 980 AMP! Extreme 4GB | Kingston HyperX Savage 1x8Gb 3000MHz CL15 | Aerocool Mechatron White Edition (Steel Edition) | Corsair CX650M | Fostex HP-A3 | Windows 10 Professional 64Bit | Superlux E205U | Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb | Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200Rpm | BENQ XL2411Z (1ms, 144hz, 24'', 3D) | HiFiMAN HE-400i | Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum | Logitech G703 Wireless | Razer Goliathus Control Large | T-Moblie 120/10 Mb/s | Steam profile

Decide on what type of padding you want on the earcups, and whether you want closed or openback headphones. Once you pair those answers with a finalized budget, it will likely narrow the options to a small handful, and then I highly recommend going to a store to try out the finalists. Every major headphone brand has their own sound signature, so it's a matter of finding out what appeals to you.

On 8/22/2017 at 3:48 PM, Hoof said:

Decide on what type of padding you want on the earcups, and whether you want closed or openback headphones. Once you pair those answers with a finalized budget, it will likely narrow the options to a small handful, and then I highly recommend going to a store to try out the finalists. Every major headphone brand has their own sound signature, so it's a matter of finding out what appeals to you.

Closed, I prefer the leather on the HyperX Clouds to the soft, fuzzy ones (so the pleather I think).

If you wanna go full gaming headset, you already like the Cloud's, so the Revolver is an obvious choice. If you'd rather go with just headphones, check out the ATH-M40x, they're one of the best cost efficient closed back cans you can buy. If you're willing to spend $300 USD (ish) that opens you up to a couple more great options. The Sennheiser Game Zero has some of the best audio quality you'll find in a "gaming headset" as well as very solid mic. You would also be in the price range of both the ATH-AG1, the ATH-M70x, and maybe the ATH-A1000Z. Again, try to find these in a store and test them out. Even if you can't find the exact products, listening to something similar will likely give you an idea of each brands tuning. 

Could also give AKG a look http://www.akg.com/Professional Headphones

14 hours ago, Hoof said:

If you wanna go full gaming headset, you already like the Cloud's, so the Revolver is an obvious choice. If you'd rather go with just headphones, check out the ATH-M40x, they're one of the best cost efficient closed back cans you can buy. If you're willing to spend $300 USD (ish) that opens you up to a couple more great options. The Sennheiser Game Zero has some of the best audio quality you'll find in a "gaming headset" as well as very solid mic. You would also be in the price range of both the ATH-AG1, the ATH-M70x, and maybe the ATH-A1000Z. Again, try to find these in a store and test them out. Even if you can't find the exact products, listening to something similar will likely give you an idea of each brands tuning. 

Could also give AKG a look http://www.akg.com/Professional Headphones

Only problem with a "gaming headset" is usually they have a built in mic, which I don't need bc I have a blue Yeti.
I might just get a pair of Cloud II's or smth idk yet.