RazerSupport nightmare

BOF007

Anyone else having issues with Razer support?
you'd except after paying for one of their more premium machines they'd try to expedite service instead of stating a 2week turnaround time, or just send me the key cap and scissor i need for the darn machine

Just now, BOF007 said:

sorry new here

No need to be sorry, what laptop did you get?

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

8 minutes ago, BOF007 said:

razer blade 2016 GTx 1060 edition 

Btw you can quote or @ tag people.

6 minutes ago, BOF007 said:

@Damascus

its working fine for me, chrome notifications are amazing, unlike reddit 

Its important to quote people on your own thread, otherwise they dont see it

2 weeks wait is actually the industry standard.

If you always need your system: Dell or Alienware (same). as the company offer: Next Business Day On Site Service. Meaning the next business day after you call for support, a contracted professional technician trained by Dell, come at your place, at the time you want (yes), the nest business day, to fix your system, include full system board replacement, in front of you. You can assure that the job is done correctly, was understood properly, and that the issue is solved before he/she leaves. And no it doesn't cost an arm and leg either, which is just insane. This service ensure that you always have your system.

I tried it with my, now, old Dell laptop, and I had a fantastic experience. The issue I had was that the university switch to Wireless N (its been ages ago, this story), and the wireless card, despite being a good Intel one, could not connect to it properly. It would connect and disconnect. But it was working everywhere else i go. Turns out the specific revision of the wireless card I had didn't work with the new wireless Cisco equipment. Needed a new revision card. Came, did the swap, went to school, and it worked. Never had to not have my laptop for 2 weeks.

3 minutes ago, BOF007 said:

@GoodBytes

But my laptop is razer not dell

Right, but @GoodBytes was just giving you an example of another brand to go with next time. I can 100% stand by Dell's service and dedication to actually doing things right ever since Michael Dell bought the company back from its' shareholders in 2012. It's the main reason I really only recommend Dell, Lenovo, and certain HP business laptops to people needing Windows machines at the moment. After sales service is ALWAYS more important than the product itself.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

update on this B* idk if on can curse here so *****************************************************************************

any string of high profantiy pick that, gonna host me 200-300 for parts and 150 for labor 

NEVER AGAIN RAZER, im gonna after market fix this and post on CL 

anyone have any tips for nice slim gaming laptops with good service ideas 

On 8/17/2017 at 5:04 PM, BOF007 said:

Anyone else having issues with Razer support?
you'd except after paying for one of their more premium machines they'd try to expedite service instead of stating a 2week turnaround time, or just send me the key cap and scissor i need for the darn machine

Back in the day I RMAed a WD hard disk, said it could take up to 4 weeks. Id say 1 to 2 weeks is average though. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

6 minutes ago, BOF007 said:

update on this B* idk if on can curse here so *****************************************************************************

any string of high profantiy pick that, gonna host me 200-300 for parts and 150 for labor 

NEVER AGAIN RAZER, im gonna after market fix this and post on CL 

Sounds like your out of warranty or what ever it was, is not covered under warranty. Honestly this is part of the reason I build my own Desktop PC's. Because they are easy to service when shit goes wrong. 

5 hours ago, BOF007 said:

Im just saying in general, laptops are a bitch to fix when things break. Unless its HDD, Wireless cards and Ram, generally those are in easy to get places. Besides that your at the mercy of the company, unless you have the skills to take it apart with out breaking it more. 

On 18/08/2017 at 2:51 AM, GoodBytes said:

2 weeks wait is actually the industry standard.

If you always need your system: Dell or Alienware (same). as the company offer: Next Business Day On Site Service. Meaning the next business day after you call for support, a contracted professional technician trained by Dell, come at your place, at the time you want (yes), the nest business day, to fix your system, include full system board replacement, in front of you. You can assure that the job is done correctly, was understood properly, and that the issue is solved before he/she leaves. And no it doesn't cost an arm and leg either, which is just insane. This service ensure that you always have your system.

I tried it with my, now, old Dell laptop, and I had a fantastic experience. The issue I had was that the university switch to Wireless N (its been ages ago, this story), and the wireless card, despite being a good Intel one, could not connect to it properly. It would connect and disconnect. But it was working everywhere else i go. Turns out the specific revision of the wireless card I had didn't work with the new wireless Cisco equipment. Needed a new revision card. Came, did the swap, went to school, and it worked. Never had to not have my laptop for 2 weeks.

Love Dell support.  2 weeks before warranty ended, I had issues with my Dell Precision PC. 

They came next day and swapped out a dual socket main board and 2 x Xeon processors.

On 2017-08-18 at 7:53 AM, kirashi said:

Right, but @GoodBytes was just giving you an example of another brand to go with next time. I can 100% stand by Dell's service and dedication to actually doing things right ever since Michael Dell bought the company back from its' shareholders in 2012. It's the main reason I really only recommend Dell, Lenovo, and certain HP business laptops to people needing Windows machines at the moment. After sales service is ALWAYS more important than the product itself.

id honestly disagree with that unless what you are doing is super critical. also HP support is garbage from my experience. 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

On 8/18/2017 at 11:01 PM, BOF007 said:

Well, the Dell XPS series is very well reviewed, and you can check it out yourself in stores (see if you like the keyboard, screen, etc.)

Yes it is an Ultrabook-level system, but wait for the next generation with Coffee Lake, as the U series CPU of Intel will finally be Quad Core, and doesn't have a hit in price or clock rate, which is impressive, Meaning, of course we need to wait for reviews as thermal throttling might be an issue, that you can have a U series CPU that is actually great for gaming. So we will need to wait and see.

I normally don't recommend extended warranties, except for mobile system, as due to the small form factor, thin size, high heat environment for extended period of time, (not also to mention moving it all the time) things can go wrong. I usually get 3 year warranty. I think it is a good time. It gives you the the peace of mind that your system is covered for 3 years against anything that might break, and not long enough where the system would be too outdated that you won't care about it. If you plan to actually take to school, or always take it on the go. Get with the accidental damage protection. Cost a bit more, but if you are bumped into, someone trips on the power cable (things that does happen, it isn't rare case), or you drop liquid, you are completely covered. And its Dell, so you have as option the Next Business Day On Site Service.

If you need a system NOW, I would pay the the repair service fees of your Razer (if it was a more common brand, you could perhaps order the part directly from the manufacture, or eBay or something, and replace it yourself and save a big of money), and then wait for all the 8th gen systems to come out from everyone and pick the best.

If you do get a Dell, HP, Lenovo, etc. keep in mind to order it from them directly over the phone. Yes phone! (or chat, but phone is better). Why?

• They can already cut the price by 10-12%, which is the retail store profit on many premium models. (although this might have dropped over the years)
  • If they have too much extra parts for the system, they might give it to you as free upgrade (more RAM, bigger SSD, higher end CPU model, etc.) This varies month on month
  • Can negotiate a bit. As they can cut the price on the extended warranty option you take including accidental damage protection. Same for accessories, if you decide to get some (those things are near full profit for the manufacture)
  • Tip: If you are not happy with the proposed offer, then it is OK to refuse and not buy the system. Call next month or a week or so and try again. Thinbgs do change.

Why they are willing to bend down on the price?

• Retail profit is something that the manufacture normally doesn't have in any case.
  • They can drop the price if you get extended warranty and accidental damage protection as usually, those who gets it, are careful with their systems, and so the chances that there is an issue drops. So it a high profit coverage for the manufacture.
  • They are sometimes more interested in system sold, over profit. So having a bit of profit from buying the system from them, over you going with a competitive model and they end up with nothing.  Also, you showing the system in public, does advertising for them, and make people consider their system.

That said, the guy on the phone can only offer you what their system allows to offer. The manager might be able to through in a 100$ or so router or better yet a printer for free (as you'll need to get toner/ink from them.. well.. that is the idea that they hope, and I am sure most, do, which is max profit and pay off the printer over time). If it makes the deal, they can throw in some cables. Like, say for example, the system has mini-Display Port, you can ask a mini-DP cable to HDMI or something. Its a few dollars saved for you, and max 1-2$ for them, so if it makes the deal, then sure.

Acer Aspire V Nitro also beats the crap out of Razer equivalencies.

Any ways live and learn, as mentioned above you'll not find any one here who likes Razer because of their fame of being cheap low quality products sold to an absurd overprice justified solely by their insane gaming marketing.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

On 8/17/2017 at 5:34 PM, BOF007 said:

razer blade 2016 GTx 1060 edition 

Good old Razer and their one-year warranty.

When an OEM is only willing to put a one-year warranty on a $2,000+ laptop, it's a good hint that they build shit, they know they build shit, they don't care that they build shit and they'll happily charge you through the roof for the shit they build, then tell you to go away or pay out the nose when something breaks because profit margin.

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

@GoodBytes

thanks good to know, speaking of i got the part off a 3rd party for 50 $ and installed myself  fuck that 500$ quote 

@aisle9

yea i shoulda know i was just so blindsided by the beauty, do u know any "gaming" or high-performance systems with better warranties?