what should i use for my bitcoins?

I'm personally using Copay/Bitpay, easy to setup!

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

I would advise against jaxx for bitcoin, I had weird problems where balance would just disappear for a week and then come back at random. I use bitcoin core myself so can't really suggest a light wallet.

I use coinbase and have no issues so far. I only store at the moment, but shouldn't be an issue to spend from it as well.

3 hours ago, lieder1987 said:

I use coinbase and have no issues so far. I only store at the moment, but shouldn't be an issue to spend from it as well.

I second this, I use coinbase. @xchiken Are you planning to buy or mine your coins?

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

23 hours ago, Ben Quigley said:

I second this, I use coinbase. @xchiken Are you planning to buy or mine your coins?

Afaik, coinbase is an online wallet (a website) ? In which case you should definitely NOT store your coins there. If they get hacked (or a employee simply steals your private keys) you lose your coins.

Electrum works well, and you and only you are holding your private keys.

On 8/19/2017 at 0:04 PM, Unimportant said:

Afaik, coinbase is an online wallet (a website) ? In which case you should definitely NOT store your coins there. If they get hacked (or a employee simply steals your private keys) you lose your coins.

Electrum works well, and you and only you are holding your private keys.

I plan to move my coins to a private wallet, When I hit £150 I plan to store £100 and take the £50 out to cover costs. What do you think of a hardware wallet vs a software one? 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

11 minutes ago, Ben Quigley said:

I plan to move my coins to a private wallet, When I hit £150 I plan to store £100 and take the £50 out to cover costs. What do you think of a hardware wallet vs a software one? 

A hardware wallet is supposedly safer, the private keys never leave the device. A well designed hardware wallet separates I/O that communicates with the outside world and the  part that signs transactions using the private keys so supposedly it's impossible to steal the keys from the device (without physical access). A software wallet runs on a normal computer and when the machine is hacked they could steal your private keys. Although there are ways to mitigate this, such as using a dedicated machine that is not always online, using a operating system that is less prone to hacks (not windows), encrypting the keys and so on.

1 minute ago, Unimportant said:

A hardware wallet is supposedly safer, the private keys never leave the device. A well designed hardware wallet separates I/O that communicates with the outside world and the  part that signs transactions using the private keys so supposedly it's impossible to steal the keys from the device (without physical access). A software wallet runs on a normal computer and when the machine is hacked they could steal your private keys. Although there are ways to mitigate this, such as using a dedicated machine that is not always online, using a operating system that is less prone to hacks (not windows), encrypting the keys and so on.

So which one would you suggest? 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Hardware wallet ? Trezor seems to be a good choice.

Software wallet ? If you don't want to download the whole blockchain I'd suggest Electrum. It's also one of the more mature choices, around since 2011, that can be regarded as "safe". For stuff like this you want something that has been around for a while and built up a reputation.